Hacking mismatched titles after downgrade, but CFW works? should i be worried?

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well considering the only credentials that you have are your OCD and I have a Bachelors in Computer Technology and an Associates in Computer Forensics, I would listen to me. True, I am newer to the 3DS scene than you, but from what I have observed, those titles are not key elements to the 3DS system. The worst that could happen is you end up in an endless loading screen when trying to boot some random system app. One app is apparently service related; however, if there were issues with having it installed on your device, some of the more knowledgable in the community would have found it out.

Giving this user a bunch of advice that he may/may not understand how to follow. Give me one single reason why he should risk bricking his console to delete and replace some unnecessary garbage. This isn't some $10,000 Linux server stored in a cool room, it's a 3DS that we're talking about. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. And that's coming from someone who has been in the IT field for 10 years, not some random 13 year old who wanted to make sure their hand-held video game console meets their standards of their self-diagnosed OCD.

Alright "IT GUY" I don't care about your credentials. You couldn't even figure out that I don't actually have OCD because you take things literally due to your social incoherence. If you can't figure out basic human interactions,who cares about your credentials? You are completely wrong about those titles being useless,delete them on your system and see what happens"IT GUY".

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop it guys. Seriously. This thread is about mismatched titles after a downgrade. If you two aren't willing to help because you are too busy arguing just go argue over private messages and leave this thread alone so another people could help fill it with useful content. Thanks.

Reactions: pbanj and hmp22

xxbilxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright "IT GUY" I don't care about your credentials. You couldn't even figure out that I don't actually have OCD because you take things literally due to your social incoherence. If you can't figure out basic human interactions,who cares about your credentials? You are completely wrong about those titles being useless,delete them on your system and see what happens"IT GUY".
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Unlike you, I don't care what internet people say about me. I have a beautiful wife and a child on the way, so apparently I know how to do figure out some basic human interactions.

Once again, you have missed the point of what I was saying. Giving advice like that to new users who don't know what they're doing is going to kill this community. Deleting anything with FBI has a big risk, as well as even using the normal sysupdater. If users' systems are stable the way they are, enter emunand and nothing can go wrong. On a technical point, it is obviously not okay to have a mismatched OS; however, I think an exception can be made for a gaming console designed for children. Like I mentioned before, this OS isn't running on $10,000 equipment. A workaround is okay for it. We don't need to run daily checks to ensure system stability. Furthermore, if having these extra and mismatched titles were an issue, don't you think someone would have mentioned it anywhere on here?

And as for me being the "IT" guy, I could gladly upload a couple pictues of my degrees if you desire.

OT: Op, don't listen to this idiot. Don't mess with your 3DS. If you do, the chances of you bricking it is a high price to pay to have perfect OCD. It's important to remember this hardware was designed for children under 15 to play video games on. Perspective is the key here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stop it guys. Seriously. This thread is about mismatched titles after a downgrade. If you two aren't willing to help because you are too busy arguing just go argue over private messages and leave this thread alone so another people could help fill it with useful content. Thanks.
I did help OP, and I was OT until he started personally throwing insults my way.

xxbilxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought you guys should see what that crazy dude messaged me lol. I hope this website isn't filled with jerks like this. BTW, I'm not 21 - I'm 30. I just put a random date into the age field when I signed up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 204

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought you guys should see what that crazy dude messaged me lol. I hope this website isn't filled with jerks like this. BTW, I'm not 21 - I'm 30. I just put a random date into the age field when I signed up.

No need to make this public. If you feel he crossed the line, use the report button and let the mods do his job. You have that right.

xxbilxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to make this public. If you feel he crossed the line, use the report button and let the mods do his job. You have that right.
I had to post the proof in this thread because mobile won't let me upload a picture in a message to a mod. I already contacted a moderator and asked him to look at this thread.

Also, if he didn't want to have his harassment shown, he shouldn't have sent it.

Reactions: pbanj

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@xxbilxx Thank you xxbilxx for your answers. I've already successfully downgraded two N3DS's (one was on 9.9 so had to update it to 10.3 first and then downgrade, which was a massive PITA due to endless update nags).
One of them already has unlinked NANDs, auto-booting CtrBootManager + working ReiNAND CFW/emuNAND :-)

Edit: The sysNAND (launch)bar (or whatever it is called where you can launch titles from) does take a fair amount of time before it shows up. Can this possibly have something to do with the mismatching titles?

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Teoz Benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread made me lol. Why is funnystory mad haha threads like this are what make the internet great

*comes out the troll cave* (:

Pretty clear funnystory hasnt ever been outside, just gets a tan from his pc screen.

Reactions: xxbilxx

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unlikely, but I'd downgrade because the GPIO sysmodule.
Downgrade the GPIO title i assume :P (why not DSP also?)

Before doing anything i'll do some more reading into what they're actually for
(they both sound important enough: General-purpose input/output and Digital Signal Process(ing/or))

@SomeGamer
Even though i own a N3DS it's been said you should download an (O)3DS firmware, so i did (9.2.0-20E(Full).zip).
I also downloaded the seperate cia's using 3DNUS, but when i checked the integrity (hash) the DSP module one (0004013000001a02.cia) didn't appear to match:

[cia from downloaded O3DS firmware @ Version 0x1400 (v5120 in decimal notation) according to FBI 1.4.17)]
CRC32: 5CAD2131
MD5: 8492940CB04220A4DF48BD4879DF9475
SHA-1: 653762B5C2218E35FDC3639EB20E7041A2BC8613

[cia downloaded using 3DNUS @ v5120]
CRC32: 559E16C1
MD5: 88A8914656366151F7C72C05D553859A
SHA-1: E4928EA375F36A18B33EB88961E06253D4AE76E8

It's probably another version mismatch and i'll probably need to verify this with FBI:huh:

Results are in!
(No differences according to FBI 1.4.17)

File Size: 40704 bytes (0.04MB)
Installed Size: 196608 bytes (0.19MB)
Title ID: 0x0004013000001a02
Unique ID: 0x00001a02
Product Code: <N/A>
Platform: 3DS
Category: System
Version: 0x1400 (i.e. 5120)

A hex-editor or program such as WinMerge does show a difference:
(i've 'spoilered' the images as they are rather big)

(HxD)
LFRk0bN.png

and a less accurate view of what's different:

(WinMerge)
GmFcbY9.png

I'll probably start off deleting the amiibo settings title as it's an "extra" (already done)

Does it matter if i delete the GPIO title and install the expected version, or is it better to replace the DSP title in the same run?
(i'm not sure if they can make calls to each other and if it affects anything when only one of them is downgraded).

The files probably are region and/or (O/N)3DS specific?

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now