redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
pixel for prez

metamaster said:
The protected area is in the octimus prime's zone (from there to the water) NOT next to spawn. And i think you need op to build there, not sure. I will take a screenshot to show you the zones.
EDIT
I got the screenshot. Everything inside the water lines is op+ only. No one else can build (or break) there.
screenshot_20100823085248.png

is this the water line with the black arrow pointing to my below-ground lair or a new water line?
because wouldn't i have not been able to build the lair if people can't build on the other side of the water? o.O

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
TDWP FTW said:
We don't know why it won't go away for me, but I really hope it does.
Actually i do know what the problem was, ArghArgh200 made a cmdblock to fire his cannon but he is inexperienced with making cmdblocks, so his one flooded the place with lava, I removed all the lava in the end. Moral of this don't mess with something that you lack knowledge in.

Pixel2 was looking empty comparing to Pixel so i spent my time fixing that problem too (everything you see is mine
biggrin.gif
).
[title:Pixel2 - Wall1]
wall1.png
[title:Pixel2 - Wall2]
wall2.png
[title:Pixel2 - Wall3]
wall3.png
[title:Pixel2 - Wall4]
wall4.png

*Edit*
QUOTE(mercluke @ Aug 24 2010, 05:43 AM) *snip*
is this the water line with the black arrow pointing to my below-ground lair or a new water line?
because wouldn't i have not been able to build the lair if people can't build on the other side of the water? o.O
That waterline will appear when you do /zshow 1337, 1337 is a op+ only zone.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought the game, and like a bunch of other people said in this thread, it is worth every penny.
The only thing that I don't really like is the way mobs come from behind in cave scare the crap out of you (at least the exploding ones)
For some reason, I can't connect to any of the smp servers. Spikey's one gives connection refused and Banger's one "does not exist". Anyone know what the problem is?

EDIT: apparently the exploding mobs are called creepers... I wonder why

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
metamaster said:
For some reason, I can't connect to any of the smp servers. Spikey's one gives connection refused and Banger's one "does not exist". Anyone know what the problem is?
Neither of them are up atm

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been having so many problems while using the World of Minecraft client on the classic server. It'll randomly disconnect me a lot, but another problem is I'm trying to help out with the Op+ city, and I can break or build anything in that zone. I am added in the zone, and I am an Op, so I don't know why it's not working...

It gives some error in the console like "Connection aborted by your host" or something like that. It's getting really annoying not being able to do anything without getting errors.

Also, quite a few other people have been getting randomly disconnected, so I don't know if it's a server problem or not.

EDIT: I can't even get on minecraft.net...

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
in my free time i am watching minecraft alpha gameplay video's and it is GODLY
I was watching a few too, but I got bored and went to go re-download the alpha, but since Minecraft is down, I can't...

I'm seriously addicted to Minecraft. It's probably my new favorite game of all time. I love being creative with stuff, and this is probably one of the best games to do it with, if not THE best. I also love the pixelated design and everything. It's really just such an amazing game.

Also, http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/minecraft.net

Just in case you guys want to watch and wait for it to be back up.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very random game.
But it has a lot of potential.
I can't say I could justify the price at retail, but i'm definitely jumping all over the 50% off deal. (by justify, I mean afford. My bank is a little...empty. *shakes fist at MMOs. But 15$ or so after taxes is totally doable >_>)

Wish I could register and buy it :(
The server is too overloaded. It's loading its little heart out trying though.

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Very random game.
But it has a lot of potential.
I can't say I could justify the price at retail, but i'm definitely jumping all over the 50% off deal. (by justify, I mean afford. My bank is a little...empty. *shakes fist at MMOs. But 15$ or so after taxes is totally doable >_>)

Wish I could register and buy it
frown.gif

Yeah, it is a great game. The price is perfect in my opinion, and even with it being $30 for the full game when it's finished, it's still great.

Why can't you register? The site's loading fine for me...Now TempCraft on the other hand...(Why is it down?).

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
TDWP FTW said:
It gives some error in the console like "Connection aborted by your host" or something like that. It's getting really annoying not being able to do anything without getting errors.
*snip
Also, quite a few other people have been getting randomly disconnected, so I don't know if it's a server problem or not.
see next post

TDWP FTW said:
megawalk said:
is minecraft down
ohmy.gif
?
I'm assuming it is.
sad.gif

I need my Minecraft...:yayminecraft:

When minecraft.net goes down, it renders pretty much all servers inaccessable (due to the way Notch set it up)
Private Server User
\ /
MineCraft.net + Heartbeat
It's like a middle-man of sorts, so all the issues that we've been having are to do with the heartbeat connection being lost.

QUOTE(Hells Malice @ Aug 27 2010, 02:01 AM) The server is too overloaded. It's loading its little heart out trying though.
Excuse me? The Classic server has been averaging at 200MB RAM, which is completely fine considering it's using less than 1/2 of the available RAM.
QUOTE(TDWP FTW @ Aug 27 2010, 08:04 AM)
*snip Now TempCraft on the other hand...(Why is it down?).
Sorry, I had a bit of random downtime yesterday, there aren't any errors in the server logfile so I'm assuming it was a random reboot. (Which on average take about 20s)

Forstride

Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Just letting you guys know that I made an SMP server (I'm hosting it myself). Me and MetaMaster are the only people on it right now (The only people that have even played on it rather), and we want more people to come play on it.

The IP address is:

Anyone from here is welcome, but please don't give out the IP to random people, as I don't want people to grief the map.

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i was looking around about icraft stuff because hlmc.net is down (will be up when iKJames learns DNS/Apache lol) and stumpled onto this 24/7 fast SMP:

obsidian.pageserved.com:25566

It's pretty cool, i got the ops to show me around and they got great stuff plus iKJames sometimes plays there
biggrin.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Antoligy said:
Hells Malice said:
Excuse me? The Classic server has been averaging at 200MB RAM, which is completely fine considering it's using less than 1/2 of the available RAM.
Cool story bro.
I was talking about registering.
Took about 10 minutes for it to process.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My server is back up now. Sorry about the downtime, saw that there were some issues with the server at the time so I held back on putting it up after the update. Now that I have the time, I put it back up again. Enjoy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches