Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah im aware of the whitelist cheers , but control of diferent build areas was more meant for the design of the world and not to control wreckers :)
I'm not talking build areas, but build permissions at all. With the basic permissions system, nobody can break or place a block in the world unless they're added to the list, but they can still join and look around.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ok i have whitelisted our server , but how can i set it so people can join the server say in adventure mode aka : cant do shit , until they get approved on the list .. currently you just get the message your not whitelisted etc... i have directed ppl to the place to request etc , but can i allow them to join the server as i said ?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
i am just curious if any one else here messes around with mcedit and if so what do you do?
Make 3D fractals of course!
PU2V4CN.png

More Pics
1ZkLqYF.jpg
yiRATsc.png

Also, I found something rather interesting about it... If you look at it top down as above (more prominent in the Mcedit picture below) you can see a T-Sqaure fractal forming. Awesome imo yet I still don't understand why.
cuelB.png

Reactions: Rydian

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make 3D fractals of course!
PU2V4CN.png

More Pics
1ZkLqYF.jpg
yiRATsc.png

Also, I found something rather interesting about it... If you look at it top down as above (more prominent in the Mcedit picture below) you can see a T-Sqaure fractal forming. Awesome imo yet I still don't understand why.
cuelB.png
wow all i do is make floting islands and spawners of various types

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have whitelisted our server , but how can i set it so people can join the server say in adventure mode aka : cant do shit , until they get approved on the list .. currently you just get the message your not whitelisted etc... i have directed ppl to the place to request etc , but can i allow them to join the server as i said ?
Adventure mode no longer stops users from breaking/placing blocks in total, they need to have the right tools to do it, they can't do it barehanded.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permbukkit/
Set up a permissions system, and make users be in the untrusted or whatever user group by default, which has no build permissions. Then promote somebody to a user group with permissions when you want them to build.
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/permbukkit/pages/configuration/
permissions.build: false is the line in that example config that makes players unable to build, so for the user group you want to be able to build, set it to true (since there's inheritance from lower account groups you need to be explicit).

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Seems to be having the desired effect . I preferred the whitelist controls but wanted whitelist enabled but users to beable to join without any permissions. He seems happy enough for the minute.. cheers for the pointers.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Hey Rydian , maybe you can advise me here , when mojang release updates for MC is it generally just the minecraft.jar file that is modified , so that i can simply swap out the minecraft.jar file for older ones if i want to run say 1.4.6 or 1.5 etc . Only reason i ask is that im writing a simple app to swap out the files for my young son so that it he can join different servers without the hassle of me having to change files all the time for him etc.

Ok since this post i have attempted to learn :) I decided to refresh my knowledge of basic , didnt take long as i knew fek all really... so i attempted to write an app in VB10 Express that allowed my son to swap his game version , but also allow him to backup his modded versions and reload them , along with adding some of his fave sites , skindex etc etc .

Was wondering if someone would install this and test it out for me , it works fine here but it hasnt had another PC run it.

http://filetrip.net/pc-downloads/applications/download-minecraft-tools-1001-f31850.html

Any comments good or bad would be welcomed , this is my first ever app so dont expect miracles :)

Thanks.

D

Deleted-236924

Has anyone ever had a bug with their servers in which some users were completely unable to interact with a specific chunk?
Like, we can't place any blocks, can't destroy blocks, can't interact with furnaces/chests/doors/etc.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever had a bug with their servers in which some users were completely unable to interact with a specific chunk?
Like, we can't place any blocks, can't destroy blocks, can't interact with furnaces/chests/doors/etc.
Have a player clear their inventory, then do a /kill and see if they land somewhere near that chunk or not. Servers are set to protect a small radius of blocks around the spawn area to prevent griefers from putting lava on the spawn blocks or something, only OPs can edit that area. The radius is configurable in the server.properties file, but is always at least a single block that marks the center spawn point of the world (no longer 0,64,0 as of a few versions ago).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1