CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
XAlexBlitz209X said:
How Do I Download T.TThere's no download for this just yet - there's a promise that there will be on the 20th

QUOTE(mycraft66 @ Aug 16 2011, 04:42 AM) How Do You Guys Get The Game I,m Sick Right Now So I Got Nothing To Do
Originally there was a 'DEMO' released which several people downloaded (buggy as hell but runable) - if you ask nicely one of them may pass a version of this to you - but it IS just a demo, & will not have all bug fixes/menus/modes etc included

- other people with more 'up-to-date' versions are most probably BETA testers, who are people approached by smealum to test it out (unfortunately I wasn't one of them)

mariolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was watching this topic from about half a month and I can say that this is the best ds homebrew I've ever seen.and I simply love the texture pack :3.
and I want to help by testing it(naturally if it is possible)so,I've a dstwo,a dsonei(can try with alternative menus too)and an r4(original one)with wood menu and I can even test it on my wii(with emulator,tanks capitan Obvius)
and,can you make a dstwo version to make use of its extra cpu and ram?(probable answer:no xD)
[edit]
and excuse me for my english,but I'm italian
frown.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
He already has enough beta testers and has promised a release of some sort on the 20th. At this point, he is just ironing out small bugs. For the most part, it is completely ready for what can be considered version 1.0. Of course, if you count all the phases and improvements, it's more like 75.0 in terms of progress from the beginning.

At the moment, he only has plans to make a single version as far as I know from what he's sad. He only has an emulator to work with, so he couldn't really test it on the actual hardware.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
2-bias said:
dicamarques said:
smealum said:
Dann Woolf said:
My point is, the game being called DScraft if there's no actual crafting in the game makes it a bit of a misnomer.
Yeah, I know what you mean. The thing is, MineDS just doesn't sound as good.
tongue.gif
And as others have pointed out, minecraft was called that way before there was any crafting involved so...

What about DSMine?

DSMine and MineDS ... sounds like a Minesweeper clone
unsure.gif

BlockDS??

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DroRox said:
Umm.. (name suggestions) ( just joining the bandwagon)

CaveExplorerDS
DSMiner
ExcavationsDS
BuildingBlocksDS
World of Craft
World of Mining
How about...... 'CraftWorld' ?? - although (unless things change) most people here know what 'DSCraft' is by now

EDIT: Actually just had a brainwave (Ouch)
Since it's Minecraft based on the Classic version - how about 'ClassicCraft DS'

mariolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nathan Drake said:
He already has enough beta testers and has promised a release of some sort on the 20th. At this point, he is just ironing out small bugs. For the most part, it is completely ready for what can be considered version 1.0. Of course, if you count all the phases and improvements, it's more like 75.0 in terms of progress from the beginning.

At the moment, he only has plans to make a single version as far as I know from what he's sad. He only has an emulator to work with, so he couldn't really test it on the actual hardware.
ok,tanks man,but I actually knew that xD(no offens),I only wanted to help by testing on other devices like action replay dsi(of my brother xD)
and,in my opinion,we need a thread made only for bug-reporting,just because an admin will lock the topic for the number of pages, that will be enourmos,in fact the same thing happened on reggie nsmbwii level editor topic(I was not registrated in that period,just watching,I registred myself today just to post this xD,but now I can enjoy all the forum :3)

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
mariolo said:
and,in my opinion,we need a thread made only for bug-reporting,just because an admin will lock the topic for the number of pages, that will be enourmos,in fact the same thing happened on reggie nsmbwii level editor topic(I was not registrated in that period,just watching,I registred myself today just to post this xD,but now I can enjoy all the forum :3)
Already done. For beta testers, I've setup my workspace as a bug tracking place. We constantly use it. Plus, on the dscraft fan site, I am going to put in a bug tracker too.
smile.gif

The website isn't half done btw. I need to get my head around advanced php and databases, but I got addicted to minecraft beta
tongue.gif

mariolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lucasade said:
mariolo said:
Already done. For beta testers, I've setup my workspace as a bug tracking place. We constantly use it. Plus, on the dscraft fan site, I am going to put in a bug tracker too.
smile.gif

The website isn't half done btw. I need to get my head around advanced php and databases, but I got addicted to minecraft beta
tongue.gif
I didn't know that you were putting it in :3
p.s.
I want to see the website graphics xD

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
mariolo said:
lucasade said:
mariolo said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif
I didn't know that you were putting it in :3
p.s.
I want to see the website graphics xD
No one except beta testers and smealum knew
tongue.gif

As for website(click picture
tongue.gif
)....

There is still a lot of work to do....Like the blue text at the top (needs to stand out better so it can be read) and a login above the recent news.
Plus, if you can picture it, the links and the news don't move when you scroll down/up.
smile.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nice job lucasade, but I suggest taking out the blue background. I don't know why, but the blue background makes the whole site look like Web 1.0. Add something brighter, like the sky in DSCraft, or take a screen from the actual Minecraft, so it's higher quality.

Also, for the pics, see if you can use a rotary slideshow thing, instead of showing just static images, like this: http://www.simpleviewer.net/products/

Basically, all you need is better graphics and some dynamic elements.

Nice CSS though.

And add a Wiki. It's a nice touch.

Also, can I ask you a question? Are you using Drupal, Pure XHTML or something else?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you've got a nice base to build your website on. I agree a new background with some sort of DSCraft theme would be an improvement, along with a few flourishes to make the page uniquely DSCraft. Easier said than done I'm sure, but with your enthusiasm I have no doubt it will turn out great in the end. I look forward to signing up.

mariolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lucasade said:
No one except beta testers and smealum knew
tongue.gif

As for website(click picture
tongue.gif
)....

There is still a lot of work to do....Like the blue text at the top (needs to stand out better so it can be read) and a login above the recent news.
Plus, if you can picture it, the links and the news don't move when you scroll down/up.
smile.gif
Lol my 3ds can't let me see large images xD

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
ron975 said:
Nice job lucasade, but I suggest taking out the blue background. I don't know why, but the blue background makes the whole site look like Web 1.0. Add something brighter, like the sky in DSCraft, or take a screen from the actual Minecraft, so it's higher quality.

Also, for the pics, see if you can use a rotary slideshow thing, instead of showing just static images, like this: http://www.simpleviewer.net/products/

Basically, all you need is better graphics and some dynamic elements.

Nice CSS though.

And add a Wiki. It's a nice touch.

Also, can I ask you a question? Are you using Drupal, Pure XHTML or something else?
Great ideas ron
smile.gif
Bmcs did make me a minecraft clouds background a while back, I'll put that in and see how it looks.
As for the pictures, great idea
smile.gif
I can use that in the gallery as well, although it will probably be just a standard marquee slide.
As for the wiki: yeah, but there wouldn't be very much to put in it. I mean, there is no crafting (yet) and most of the official minecraft wiki is about crafting and mining different minerals.
QUOTE(Sir_Voe @ Aug 16 2011, 08:40 PM) Looks like you've got a nice base to build your website on. I agree a new background with some sort of DSCraft theme would be an improvement, along with a few flourishes to make the page uniquely DSCraft. Easier said than done I'm sure, but with your enthusiasm I have no doubt it will turn out great in the end. I look forward to signing up.
Well, by the 20th I only expect to have a small gallery, the dscraft irc integrated and a download link for the game. Once I learn databases and stuff I will have login ability, and upload to gallery, and a section for uploading maps.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVUjbpqsE_M