Hacking MiiWii

slayblack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks to all, it turns out, there were multiple versions of the manuals and installs floating around. I finally found a matching pair. Thank you all.

ph15h

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Umm. If I've finished the WiiMii installation, do I have to keep ALL the files on the SD card at all times? Or can I just remove them and put my old homebrew files on since installation is complete? I dumped my old Wii SD card and temporarily moved all my old applications like mplayer snes9x etc. to my external. Is it okay to just back up the WiiMii Card then copy over my original files?

shadoxXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You better don´t install MiiWii on 4.0, until D-Jay releases a new version which is said to work with it.
I´ve heard about people upgrading to 4.0 with this Package, but i think it´s better to wait for the authors opinion.

ph15h

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've done everything... but I don't have the MiiWii boot Up screen. Everything else works fine.
frown.gif

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those wondering if you can delete the files or not. After I finished installing MiiWii on a friends wii, I erased everything that wasnt in the root and put his original homebrew apps on the sd card, but the MiiWii health screen didnt show up. I put all of the apps files from MiiWii back on his sd card and booted up and the MiiWii health screen came up. So honestly i'm not sure which files or folders can be delted. I just left them all on there until someone verifies which to delete.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have started up my Wii and played backups without an SD card in. I think the only required file after installation is the boot screen, though without it your Wii will still start up just fine.

Wiebbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont get it. I installed the package, i followed every step to the letter. But it wont let me boot my US Smash Bro's Brawl from the disc channel nor will it load any backup i have made. I ripped my own games burned them and it will just say "Disc not identified". Do i need to install a seperate disc loader?

jinjishu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
You don't need it
The region free gc games hack is broken and prevents gc games to be played (even originals)

Okay my gamecube games work again. When trying to install cios and cmios and using the uninstaller I kept getting the ret -1 error. I was able to get cios and cmios installed by using the network installation but I do not know how to get around the ret error for the uninstaller.

I also can not seem to get the miiwii custom health screen to show.

This miiwii package is very appreciated still though. Thanks a lot d-jay. Everything else seems to work perfect as of now.

re.lax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
re.lax said:
Hey i have an ntsc wii with miiwii installed and all the region free settings set both starfall and preloader but when i go to play cod 5 pal it wont reconize it but if i use regioinfrii and change it to ntsc it works but i thought my wii is now region free?

Edit: if i use ocarina it will boot both (Pal, Ntsc) but the screen goes really messed.

is there anything i can try to make this work

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, with the new cIOS the DVDx workaround no longer works. I installed it to IOS 35, and that worked. I don't know why but my original DVDx install was to IOS 35 instead of 36 so that's why I tried it.

I don't use the full MiiWii package, but I do have the same CIOSCORP install + cIOS60

rajnika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick Question : I'm under MiiWii latest version and can't play Madworld via disc channel. Any advice ?

I'm on 3.2E, Madworld NTSC. GeckoOS / USB Loader are working fine that's why i'm a bit curious about why it isnt working from disc channel.

Thanks and sorry if it has already been asked.
smile.gif

rajnika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
kirokun said:
I get errors while trying to install the cIOS36rev8.wad

Anyone know why?

Did you install IOS-16 wad ?

QUOTE(DiabolicalKid @ Apr 16 2009, 03:18 AM) what section in the .pdf is the password for the installer

Its highlighted in yellow for the last version. In "Preparation".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol