funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pong20302000 said:
wiibob said:
It might not be possible for gold pants. i heard that gold pants mii's cant be transferred to QR Code. im thinking that the gold pants section for QR doesn't exist seeing how you cant change the pants color at all. Im having trouble putting this in to words, do you understand what i mean? Lol

lol they have to be able to make QR gold pants
otherwise the train station QR codes that you scan wouldnt work

look at the link i posted earlyer to the nintendo website gold pants campaign page

main.jpg

Explination in English......

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26163

Nintendo employees will be walking around delivering the Miis using Street Pass.

Throughout all of Japan's Golden Week, Nintendo employees will be walking around Tokyo, Nagoya, Fukuoka and Sapporo in order to distribute celebrity Miis with the 3DS. These Miis are special in that they wear special golden pants as opposed to what is found on a typical Mii character.

Nintendo has teamed up with Japanese talent management company Yoshimoto. Celebrities under management by Yoshimoto will have their Miis featured during this campaign. Nintendo employees will be placed in several train stations, though they won't be wearing anything that will indicate that they are part of the promotion.

Feeling a bit left out over here

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
wiibob said:
Pong20302000 said:
Supakitsune said:
Pong20302000 said:
wiibob said:
So apparently the QR Codes are region locked to - Weird.
cant be

ive got japanese Mii's on my 3DS (Eur)
with japanese text also (shows up fine even thought cant select japanese text on keyboard)
...Which means either Gold Miis are region-locked, or the QR code itself (specifically for Gold Miis) is region-locked.

might be different Gold pants code for different regions

strange that people with all types (Eur, USA and Jap) got Miyamoto's at E3
so there must be a all region version also
They got the mii through streetpass not QR code. My guess is the two work separately in gaining peoples mii's. i remember watching a video of this american guy in japan walking with his American 3ds in Japan. he gathered about 25 Japanese mii's. You can have Japanese miis through street pass but maybe not through QR code? Who knows

ive got some japanese ones that i got through QR

heres an example

Zelda3DSMiis.jpg

THEY HAVE NO LEGS IN SPOT/STREET PASS THO

do you just see a gold base?

wiibob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
wiibob said:
Non Favorite:
hni0004e.jpg

Favorite:
hni0005b.jpg

They appear identical Lol. Maybe qr code doesnt keep track of favorites
frown.gif

maybe change sometihng else

like eye colour
To lazy right now to do that. I'm not sure if that would make a difference though seeing how we are trying to compare different pants color. the eye section of the QR code might be a whole different area.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
this might help save our eyes

http://pdiff.sourceforge.net/

also

OMG this works

spot difference super quick

lol there is NO differences
with favorite and non favorite

spinal_cord said:
gus.png

Gus from Disney's Recess.

1 = green shirt
2 = black shirt
3 = overlayed 50%

As you can see, they are both very different. My guess would be compressed or encrypted in some way.

true but if you eliminated the similarities
the differences would be the colours even if they where encrypted

also the similarities might be helpful
guessing would be data for Name

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QR Mii contains 112 bytes of raw data, most part of it is ciphered. QR itself is a standard one, the raw data even may be encoded in a different QR code format and still be readable by 3DS. For example check my Mii QR recoded to the smallest possible format :
av-179.png

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All i've figured out is that "Favorites" are stored on your 3ds separately.
There is a list kept of miis that are favorites, which is why when you transfer a mii from wii to 3ds, the red pants turn to black.

Also, you can't move gold pants miis from wii to 3ds.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe it might be a good idea to grab as many QR codes we can get and make a library of the different raw information they store.
Check out this tool:
http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx
It is able to "read" QR codes(as well as some other bar-codes I believe). Of course, since the data of the Mii QR code is somehow encrypted and is not text but other info, it will return gibberish. But the "Raw Info" section is actually rather handy. It tells us exactly what bytes are stored inside the QR code, in hexadecimal format. In other words: By gathering enough of those values, especially from similar QR codes, we might be able to find out how the QR codes are encrypted.

So, an experiment:
Could anybody, who has time and likes to do it, create a Mii with the following features:
-Male
-Create from scratch(no photo taking)
-Do not edit any settings
-Press Save
-As name, enter "default"(without capitals)
-Change the owner to "test"(without capitals)
-Keep the favorite color on Red
-Sharing on
-Don't Allow Copying

So, then save it, and upload your QR code on here.

I believe this is as close as we can get to re-create the same QR code on different devices. I wonder if it will then actually result in the same code, or if there will still be a small difference. Let's find out! :D

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
Same encryption is used only for same Mii (with the same MiiID - can be seen as the first 4 bytes in the qr data)
and by the same 3DS (with the same MAC address* - the 4 bytes after the MiiID in the qr data)

* only first 4 bytes of the MAC are used which can lead to several systems with the same 3DS-ID...

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
One thing worth noting with the crypto, is that it is an xor stream cipher that is generated in some way. You can verify this by altering the name, comparing the raw bytes with the altered names, and see that first byte of altered name on code one, XOR its raw ascii character, then XORed again to the same byte location on code 2, will get back the altered name character.

The other bit of bad news though, is that the last 16 bytes are also altered with ANY minor change. I believe this to be an HMAC of some sort, which if not correct, will not scan into the 3DS as a mii.

Without any of the keys, we won't be hacking gold pants on our miis anytime soon.

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
One thing worth noting with the crypto, is that it is an xor stream cipher that is generated in some way. You can verify this by altering the name, comparing the raw bytes with the altered names, and see that first byte of altered name on code one, XOR its raw ascii character, then XORed again to the same byte location on code 2, will get back the altered name character.

The other bit of bad news though, is that the last 16 bytes are also altered with ANY minor change. I believe this to be an HMAC of some sort, which if not correct, will not scan into the 3DS as a mii.

Without any of the keys, we won't be hacking gold pants on our miis anytime soon.
or ever...

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The fun thing about XOR ciphers is of course that if you have similar content that is encrypted with the same key, it will result in similar output, and thus we should be able to deduce the key.

But first we need to find out how the XOR cipher is generated, because it probably is not the same key every time... :(

Maybe it is just faster to make a QR code for every possible mii. But this won't give us gold pants of course :P .

@[member='Fyrus']: thanks a lot, but I'm unable to open it.

Anyhow, I'll try to do some research soon.

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
@[member='RedJiggly'],
After this process you could know which mii attribute is where in the qr data (exactly)
but still you will not be able to figure out the encryption.

BTW You could figure out the checksums only by guessing and xoring several examples of the same mii...and that only after you figured out everything else...

japzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a special Mii posted on the Nintendo 3DS Facebook page. It has Gold Pant and once scanned can't be scanned a second time, and can't be shared via an Image or QR code. It's also Region Locked so only NA 3DSs can recieve it. If I find anymore I'll add them to this Imgur album:http://imgur.com/a/DYN8I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over