Hacking Hardware MigSwitch, i just recieve my sample.

RomAnOCrY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
i'm back and i just recieve my sample of Switch Linker: MigSwitch !

GEDma_1XUAArtXE.jpg GEDma0nWUAA_0EO.jpg GEDmbOCWAAAzmrF.jpg GEDmbZBWoAEXzIQ.jpg

You can also see a video on action, on my twitter

RomAnOCrY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you dump the firmware? Was that your X (twitter) video of the dump?
how do you want i dump the firmware (of migswitch) .??

The dump, is with nxdumptool, on the same switch, but launch with Atmosphére.
I dump my own cart of Mario rabbid kingdom battle.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi !
i'm back and i just recieve my sample of Switch Linker: MigSwitch !

View attachment 414503 View attachment 414504 View attachment 414505 View attachment 414506

You can also see a video on action, on my twitter

Oh hey there, just saw your Twitter post. Really cool stuff.

Those scratched off chips look like RP2040...
I don't think they look to be that. The chip's markings are usually at the bottom of the chip, and not the middle.

Reactions: peteruk and BigOnYa

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey there, just saw your Twitter post. Really cool stuff.

I don't think they look to be that. The chip's markings are usually at the bottom of the chip, and not the middle.
They would be making bank if that was the case. If they were RP2040, that would probably be a $10 flash cart. Though if we ignore the missing silkscreen, the number of pins lines up, the crystal oscilator there is probably 12MHZ, question is though, which mostly disproves this theory, is where is the flash? They would need flash to run a program (the only other alternative is running it from RAM, requiring a re-program on each boot).

Yamathedestroyer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They would be making bank if that was the case. If they were RP2040, that would probably be a $10 flash cart. Though if we ignore the missing silkscreen, the number of pins lines up, the crystal oscilator there is probably 12MHZ, question is though, which mostly disproves this theory, is where is the flash? They would need flash to run a program (the only other alternative is running it from RAM, requiring a re-program on each boot).
The RP2040 has its flash integrated like every modern microcontroller?
Post automatically merged:

That's all I care about, the scene needs an entrypoint
Even if it would allow simple homebrew, it would get you no centimeter nearer to CFW.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it also works with the switch cart switcher, it seems there is queue to go the last game.

Hmm so maybe don’t waste my time no more designing something like action replay ds but just to add a single button

I doubt anyone else would probably want that if they can just get that 4 cart switcher

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm so maybe don’t waste my time no more designing something like action replay ds but just to add a single button

I doubt anyone else would probably want that if they can just get that 4 cart switcher
Yea and to mention while it's docked and you're sitting on couch, you can switch games without getting up, using that remote.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

It's weird that this thing not only needs external power to work instead of getting it from the cart slot directly, but also that only the top 4 slots do the switching, and the bottom 4 slots are just "storage", I stead of being able to switch all 8 slots. Seems wasteful and semi-deceptive at first glance.

Screenshot_20240117_134815_eBay.png

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's weird that this thing not only needs external power to work instead of getting it from the cart slot directly, but also that only the top 4 slots do the switching, and the bottom 4 slots are just "storage", I stead of being able to switch all 8 slots. Seems wasteful and semi-deceptive at first glance.

View attachment 414522
This thing with 8 mig switches all loaded with 1TB SD cards each.

It would take approximately 4 hours to load the game you want 😭😭😭

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol