eelhc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi...

Any big issues with migrating from an R4DS to an M3 DS Real?

need to re-trim? (I used the R4DS trim tool)
migrating game save files?
I replaced Moonshell on R4DS with Links Media Player(LMP - an Ipod clone). Can Moonshell be replaced with LMP on the M3 DS Real?

Additionally...

I use R4 Commander by TrolleyGuy, Is there an M3 DS Real equivalent?
Anybody have the $18.03 Super Talent 2GB MicroSD card work with the M3 DS real?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....&seq=1&format=2

Thanks in advance!!!

gweedyj

Brooklyn Beatdown!
Trophies
Website
www.thebrooklynbeatdown.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi...

Any big issues with migrating from an R4DS to an M3 DS Real?

need to re-trim? (I used the R4DS trim tool)
migrating game save files?
I replaced Moonshell on R4DS with Links Media Player(LMP - an Ipod clone). Can Moonshell be replaced with LMP on the M3 DS Real?

Additionally...

I use R4 Commander by TrolleyGuy, Is there an M3 DS Real equivalent?
Anybody have the $18.03 Super Talent 2GB MicroSD card work with the M3 DS real?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....&seq=1&format=2

Thanks in advance!!!
well i migrated from my m3 simply and im not to happy. the real seems to be cheaply made and feels like its going to break. hard to get in and out of the ds. some times it gets stuck inside my ds. just got it today. other then that it seems fine. dunno about moonshell. i have a ipod so i dont really use my ds as one.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, unless they take out some of the crud (aka: things that are good ideas until they are only partially implemented in such a way that it slows everything down) that has always been in m3 OS's I doubt I will stop using my R4.

Migrating stuff to the M3R from M3S/R4 is not hard at all. Basically, the only difference is that instead of files being named like this:
Game.nds (your game name)
Game.sav (original save file)
Game.bak (backup save)

They are now like this:
Game.nds (your game name)
Game.0 (default save)
Game.1 (backup save)

Simply renaming *.sav to *.0 and moving some stuff around in the directories to match their template (nds games with all features like cheat need to be in :/NDS to get those features) was the only real problem I found. Stuff that is trimmed with any trimmer seems to work, though apparently download/play from M3R is a problem on some that are trimmed.

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For moonshell, it's buggy. I couldn't get it to work properly. I don't know why.
Saves, were no problem. There is a mass save re-namer tool from M3 website.

I have to agree with gweedyj. I went from M3 Simply to M3 Real and I have the same problems. It's slow to load. The touch part of the GUI is slow. The build is poor. The cart gets stuck due to the chip.
I'm just glad I kept my M3 Simply, as that has never let me down. Never again will I purchase a new product until it's properly tested.

gweedyj

Brooklyn Beatdown!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
For moonshell, it's buggy. I couldn't get it to work properly. I don't know why.
Saves, were no problem. There is a mass save re-namer tool from M3 website.

I have to agree with gweedyj. I went from M3 Simply to M3 Real and I have the same problems. It's slow to load. The touch part of the GUI is slow. The build is poor. The cart gets stuck due to the chip.
I'm just glad I kept my M3 Simply, as that has never let me down. Never again will I purchase a new product until it's properly tested.
im getting used to it slowly except for the whole getting stuck in my ds part

eelhc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually given that my kids are constantly popping out and losing slot 1 cards... maybe getting stuck isn't a bad thing
wink.gif

gweedyj

Brooklyn Beatdown!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Actually given that my kids are constantly popping out and losing slot 1 cards... maybe getting stuck isn't a bad thing
wink.gif
you need to be carful this thing launches micro sd cards. went to pop mine out and it launched way into the air and then i couldent find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D