ROM Hack MH4U DLC and savefile encryption

Bunyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I put in the mib and went to the Episodic Menu, the game crashed. After that, I went to the Event Quest section and there was the Remobra quest which is the start of the White Fatalis Episodic. When I downloaded it, it was still shown as white and not greyed out afterwards. When I went to my episode select, the episodic wasn't there either. I decided to choose a random episodic, since it checks the game card when it does. Still didn't show up. Is there a special way I have to get this? I'm assuming since I can't download it from the Episodic Menu which is why it glitches out or doesn't let me see it as a quest.

Bunyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your proxy only support event quests at the moment?
I tried challenge quests as well and it didn't work, but I was mainly wondering if in the future you will include support for JPN backgrounds if possible.

Last edited by Bunyan,

AzuraLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i try to edit my save file.... like weapon and get 16xx demage GS with 3xxx pararize ...
but, if i bring it and try to take a quest.... the game not accepted me to take a quest...
"you can not take the quest" like that it said ....

have anyone try to edit equipment with not normal demage and success to do quest ?.....

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i try to edit my save file.... like weapon and get 16xx demage GS with 3xxx pararize ...
but, if i bring it and try to take a quest.... the game not accepted me to take a quest...

have anyone try to edit equipment with not normal demage and success to do quest ?.....
You either are not high enough rank to enter that quest, or need to empty your inventory and/ or equipment. Some quests have specific requirements.

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone made a map of the decrypted save file? I can see my hunter's name, palicoes, and quest log, but that's as much as I can make sense right now.
is there any who are willing to help me find an address for face, skin tone and voice? :(
Have you tried creating two brand new files with differing skin, and search for differing values in the decrypted files?

Bunyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

None of those solutions will work, the method of creating relic weapons you can use in quests with broken status I know for the least is to have the status as an awakened status.
You can do this by Powersaving your rusted relics, or doing it on a relic weapon with the status already grayed out. Hope this helps!

Also, do not try putting a different weapon type in box 1 slot 1 then in box 1 slot 2 if you are going to try to transfer stats of the box 1 slot 2 item for higher attack. For instance, you try to put dual blades in box 1 slot 1 and a high damage Greatsword in box 1 slot 2. If you tried to transfer the high attack stat of the Greatsword, then the dual blades would be modified with everything the Greatsword had but the damage difference I tested.

AzuraLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
None of those solutions will work, the method of creating relic weapons you can use in quests with broken status I know for the least is to have the status as an awakened status.
so i have GS with 16xx demage and 3xxx para ... and i need to edit this para demage as awaken stat , is that you mean? ...
You can do this by Powersaving your rusted relics, or doing it on a relic weapon with the status already grayed out. Hope this helps!
you mean edit my rusted relic, yes.. i edit my rusted relic GS and status para grayed out... <=== no need awaken skill
Also, do not try putting a different weapon type in box 1 slot 1 then in box 1 slot 2 if you are going to try to transfer stats of the box 1 slot 2 item for higher attack. For instance, you try to put dual blades in box 1 slot 1 and a high damage Greatsword in box 1 slot 2. If you tried to transfer the high attack stat of the Greatsword, then the dual blades would be modified with everything the Greatsword had but the damage difference I tested.
so if i do your example above there.... i cant do quest ?.... or what gonna happen ?

Bunyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do my example I said then you can go on quests as long as your status needs awaken to become active, and having the Awaken skill when you accept the quest will allow you to join. As far as I know, if the weapon doesn't need awaken for the status to become active, then you can not go on the quest as long as that weapon is equipped.

Hukage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same problem I updated the mhqs-dev and tried to enter the command like in the old one so i could download white fatalis and it didn't work
what is the new command i have to enter to download the episodic? the one in the readme didnt work

Bunyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same problem I updated the mhqs-dev and tried to enter the command like in the old one so i could download white fatalis and it didn't work
what is the new command i have to enter to download the episodic? the one in the readme didnt work

I'm pretty sure the new way is python mh4u_proxy.py USA eng --event mxxxxx.mib

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On the help screen though, it doesn't show --episode. As of the moment for me anyway, it only shows --event and --challenge for the different quests.
--challenge works now, but I tried --episode and --episodic to see if you just forgot to put it in the help section, but I believe it does not work for the time being although I see this in the mh4u_proxy.py:

open(os.path.join(path, 'DLC_EpisodeQuestInfo_{}.txt'.format(language)), 'wb').write(default_quests)
+ open(os.path.join(path, 'DLC_EpisodeQuestInfo2_{}.txt'.format(language)), 'wb').write(cipher.encrypt(' | | | | |0|0|0'))

I think this might because in this line there is no way to specify episodic
@@ -95,6 +95,7 @@ def make_root(root, region, language, event, challenge):

Last edited by Bunyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv