Homebrew mGBA official standalone Wii port

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is this better than VBA GX? Does the sound still skip like it did on VBA GX because that was a pain in the ass!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's kinda pointless since most of the Classic NES series have been released on the Wii U Virtual Console. (Except for Bomberman)

Not so pointless when you can play; for example, this:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2091/

And other games with a wider screen; a nice feature for some of the games on that classics list. Not a priority, but a nice thing nonetheless.

Reactions: sindrik and Centrix

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Press home when in game. So far you can save state, load state, configure frameskip (i reccomend 0 cause mgba wii is already superfast and does not need it) and bios usage.

As i said, until someone shares a recent RA mGBA wii core, the standalone port is by far the best optiuon we have for GBA on Wii.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
One silly question: Did this play gbc games? I think it doesn't, but just for curiosity...
Nope it doesn't yet.

The main developer, @endrift, has said that support for GB/GBC might be something that will be considered down the road, although right now it is not a priority.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Perfect then. I was just asking because one single game that's giving me problems in every other GBC compatible emulator on the Wii, that's all, lol.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Perfect then. I was just asking because one single game that's giving me problems in every other GBC compatible emulator on the Wii, that's all, lol.
Which game is it?

A way to boot GBC/GB games through mGBA would be to use Goomba Color, which is a GBC/GB emulator for GBA.
You can put all your GBC and GB games and pack them in a .GBA file, which will boot in any GBA emulator, including mGBA.

It's the only way I can think of so that we can run GBC games with mGBA in the meanwhile.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Daiku no Gen-San, an Puzzle Platformer, never made it outside of Japan, and it's a shame. It also freezes in several PC emulators. I never experienced a problem like this, lol. Not even the "GoodGbx" pack has a working rom (or maybe it's the emulators themselves).

Would that Goomba homebrew work with this? The idea sounds so bizarre: Using a wii to emulate GBA to emulate GBC. Although thanks for the idea, i'll take a look at Goomba Color.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Daiku no Gen-San, an Puzzle Platformer, never made it outside of Japan, and it's a shame. It also freezes in several PC emulators. I never experienced a problem like this, lol. Not even the "GoodGbx" pack has a working rom (or maybe it's the emulators themselves).

Would that Goomba homebrew work with this? The idea sounds so bizarre: Using a wii to emulate GBA to emulate GBC. Although thanks for the idea, i'll take a look at Goomba Color.
Well, I never heard of that game, but perhaps Goomba might make it work, who knows? It's worth the shot though.

Goomba is not a Homebrew, it is more like a GBA ROM that includes a GBC emulator and the GBC/GB games that you want to play.
And yeah it sounds bizarre, Wii emulating a GBA and the GBA emulator emulating GBC. :P
Give it a try with mGBA and let me know what happens!

I am interested in trying it out too. xD

I recommend you put at least 3 or so games inside the GBA ROM you compile.
I THINK you can put the .SAV files in there too, but I am not sure, it's been a while since I last tried it.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which game is it?

A way to boot GBC/GB games through mGBA would be to use Goomba Color, which is a GBC/GB emulator for GBA.
You can put all your GBC and GB games and pack them in a .GBA file, which will boot in any GBA emulator, including mGBA.

It's the only way I can think of so that we can run GBC games with mGBA in the meanwhile.

and how do you actually go about doing that? you have peeked my interest lol :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
and how do you actually go about doing that? you have peeked my interest lol :P
I don't know if I am allowed to post the link or not, because it's a GBC emulator that works as a GBA ROM file.
Just search "Goomba Color" in Google, should be within the very first links.

Read a little bit about it, it's quite interesting actually and could be a nice workaround for playing GB/C games until mGBA supports them natively.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they support it lol guess time will tell if it does or not lol I'll look into it goomba color [emoji3]

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so how do you actually use goomba color with mgba?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it