Metroid: Samus Returns getting "legacy edition"

metroid-samus-returns-legacy-edition-europe1498219885157.jpg

After quietly announcing the existence of the new Metroid: Samus Returns, Nintendo of Europe has also quietly released the fact that the game will be getting a limited edition. Officially called the "legacy edition", it will contain the physical copy of the game in a steelbook case made to look like a large GameBoy game cartridge, a download code for the GameBoy title Metroid II, a sound-selection CD with 25 tracks, a badge, a morph ball keychain, and an artbook. A Spanish retailer also leaked the image of the legacy edition early, pictured above. There is no word if this edition will be coming to either Japan or America at this time. The legacy edition will launch alongside the game on September 15, 2017 for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this was not made by nintendo lol same way the hd remasters of zelda werent made by nintendo but a thrid party studio, heck they probably pitched the idea to nintendo and they let them do the game.
yeah i am well aware it is made by mercury steam that is why i said it is mirror of fate with a metroid skin but i assume that the bulk of thr money from these merchandise items will end up in Nintendos pocket if not all of it , metroid is still Nintendos IP

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah i am well aware it is made by mercury steam that is why i said it is mirror of fate with a metroid skin but i assume that the bulk of thr money from these merchandise items will end up in Nintendos pocket if not all of it , metroid is still Nintendos IP
obviously nintendo will gain a cut of it but probably not even gonna gain the majority of the money, same way it was for pokemon colosseum and XD on the gc where a 3rd party sutdio(genious sonority or something) pitched a pokemon game to nintendo and they letted them do it and took a cut of the profits, this is the same thing.

Nintendo doesnt even loose any time doing this, its all their 3rd party studio so they dont loose any recources when doing these "hd remakes".

Why would nintendo say no to a studio that wants to do a remake of an old game of them and cut them a part of the profit? its a win win for them, they dont have to loose time doing the game and fans want the game and they get paid for borrowing their ips.

Last edited by pedro702,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Anyone here lucky enough to pre-order from Amazon?

I've noticed it's on Amazon France and Amazon Germany but found it a little too late as it's out of stock at both. Dammit. :-/

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Finally got done pre-ordering it. Pre-ordered it at GAME and Nintendo Store.

Metroid + Samus amiibos at Amazon Germany, GAME and Nintendo Store so probably will cancel Amz-DE + GAME.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game