Metroid: Samus Returns getting "legacy edition"

metroid-samus-returns-legacy-edition-europe1498219885157.jpg

After quietly announcing the existence of the new Metroid: Samus Returns, Nintendo of Europe has also quietly released the fact that the game will be getting a limited edition. Officially called the "legacy edition", it will contain the physical copy of the game in a steelbook case made to look like a large GameBoy game cartridge, a download code for the GameBoy title Metroid II, a sound-selection CD with 25 tracks, a badge, a morph ball keychain, and an artbook. A Spanish retailer also leaked the image of the legacy edition early, pictured above. There is no word if this edition will be coming to either Japan or America at this time. The legacy edition will launch alongside the game on September 15, 2017 for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And because of bullshit like this we will never get another Metroid game anymore. Just buy the European version or just swallow it. The US gets way better stuff more often and I find it too bad you get shafted now though.
If getting a new Metroid game depends solely on buying a remake, then maybe it's best if it never happens. I have personally supported Nintendo through a lot of their problems and bullshit as you put it, but if they want to keep insulting their largest and most profitable userbase in the US, there isn't much left I can do to help them out anymore.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If getting a new Metroid game depends solely on buying a remake, then maybe it's best if it never happens. I have personally supported Nintendo through a lot of their problems and bullshit as you put it, but if they want to keep insulting their largest and most profitable userbase in the US, there isn't much left I can do to help them out anymore.
so if europe gets a tiny little thing americans get ofended? Seriously the usa gets like 90% of every cool exclusive editions and even exclusive games and stuff and we very rarely ever get anything exclusive and everytime europe gets a tiny litle love people like you show up, people like you give bad fame to the general american people really.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if europe gets a tiny little thing americans get ofended? Seriously the usa gets like 90% of every cool exclusive editions and even exclusive games and stuff and we very rarely ever get anything exclusive and everytime europe gets a tiny litle love people like you show up, people like you give bad fame to the general american people really.
Yes, yes we get offended. How about the Bravely special editions? Or Terranigma or Project Zero 2 for Wii? Certainly seems that EU gets some awesome shit quite frequently, but I'm not sure why advocating for equal items in all regions offends you so personally either. You limeys act like if I don't personally buy this game that it's the end of the series!

Reactions: DarthDub

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="drazenm, post: Hi, I am retro with a dup account[/QUOTE]

I thought retro was gone but it looks like he's back wih his antinintendoism and a new account. Thank the matrix for the ignore button

Last edited by chartube12,

Boricausufire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It's very probable that the rest of the regions will get a special edition. Maybe a bit different. An example of this was Fire Emblem Fates which each special edition had some extra stuff depending where you were getting the game. Also, by seeing how well this was welcomed it's even more likely.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
If Japan gets a sexy Metroid themed N2DSXL bundle I will be extremely tempted.

ewww inferior 2D eyesight scum ,, anyway This looks good since most of us are using freeshop, most of us are going to enjoy this no matter how good or bad the game turns out to be

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly is this really what Nintendo has become?
a trinket merchant cash grabber
we all know the game is going to be mediocre shit this is how they intend to make their money
moichandising !

the game is just mirror of fate with a metroid skin slapped over it
lazy Nintendo does it again remember when this company used to be about breaking through boundaries and creating
and not just putting out shit with their previously grate franchise names on them to sucker us in with nostalgia
thank god i won't be paying for the game at least

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
honestly is this really what Nintendo has become?
a trinket merchant cash grabber
we all know the game is going to be mediocre shit this is how they intend to make their money
moichandising !

the game is just mirror of fate with a metroid skin slapped over it
lazy Nintendo does it again remember when this company used to be about breaking through boundaries and creating
and not just putting out shit with their previously grate franchise names on them to sucker us in with nostalgia
thank god i won't be paying for the game at least
this was not made by nintendo lol same way the hd remasters of zelda werent made by nintendo but a thrid party studio, heck they probably pitched the idea to nintendo and they let them do the game.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ewww inferior 2D eyesight scum ,, anyway This looks good since most of us are using freeshop, most of us are going to enjoy this no matter how good or bad the game turns out to be
Lol - I already own two 3ds's (and I use the 3d more often than not), so a N2DSXL would be a nice addition to my collection - but I'm not fussy... if they release a sexy metroid themed 3ds I'll probably buy it :P

S

Saiyan Lusitano

So, Nintendo are actually putting out something cool for Europe that hasn't been announced for the US?!

*Goes outside to check for flying pigs...*
Think it has been announced for US too but with some minor differences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended