Meta Knight is officially banned in North America!

D

Deleted_171835

Should have happened a while ago.

Meta Knight is one of the most overpowered characters in the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
Then i guess anyone that takes esport seriously is smoking some heavy shit or playing chess competitively is in a trance from smoking too much heavy shit.

Are you really comparing professional sports or chess to SSB in terms of complexity and difficulty to master?

Oh god... I wouldn't even say an actual fighting game is near that level of difficulty.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Guild McCommunist said:
DarkStriker said:
Then i guess anyone that takes esport seriously is smoking some heavy shit or playing chess competitively is in a trance from smoking too much heavy shit.

Are you really comparing professional sports or chess to SSB in terms of complexity and difficulty to master?

Oh god... I wouldn't even say an actual fighting game is near that level of difficulty.
Uh.... Im just trying to say no need to drag it all the way down to the buttom becasue people is playing it competitively. If people enjoy playing it that way, then let it be. I dont really care about fighting games and how its played competitive or if a game should be played like that or not. And i prefer playing startergy games competitively. If you were to ask soccer players that chess is a sport just like soccer, then 90% of them would just say no its just a hobby some nerds is doing which it obviously is not and in this case is what a few people here are doing.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
chartube12 said:
Anyone who takes smash brothers seriously is smoking some heavy shit!

Comparing Super Smash Bros to Chess?

Thanks for that; I've been waiting to use that video for ages.

Seriously, though, that comment has pretty much destroyed any credibility you might have had in one fell swoop. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
GameDragon said:
Guild McCommunist said:
SSB is a fun franchise but it is not a complex fighting game that requires a lot of skill beyond learning how to dodge.
This isn't true at all unfortunately.

Oh yeah, you have to just choose the cheapest attack of a character and use that a lot too.

I'm just getting sick of people thinking SSB is a complex fighting game to the likes of Street Fighter. I enjoy the crap out of SSB but I wouldn't even consider it a fighter. Want a good fighter on the Wii? Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. On the Gamecube? Um, Soul Calibur II and III.

Let me know if you play against good players that play Melee, not Brawl. Tell me then it isn't complex. Oh wait, you don't play against good players. Just because you can't do the most traditional and common inputs that you see in many fighters does not mean the SSB series aren't fighters. If anything, I'd categorize the game by platform fighters.

To elaborate on the complexity of the game - when do you see a game in tradtional fighting that allows you to use the stage to your advantage while remaining as the same character to counterpick? Not only the characters are heavily influential in matchups, but the stages play an extremely big role as well. Don't even let me begin on advance techniques. And I'm not talking about "omg I can wavedash." You have EVERYTHING that you learn from traditional fighting that applies to SSB as well: zoning, spacing, combos, hitstun, matchups, reaction time, whiffing, mindgames, combo resets, predictions, blocking/parrying, advance techniques, etc.

Play the game as it was meant to be played? You have up to 4 controller ports. Must you have 4 players? No. Items? Is there an option to turn it off? Yes. Just because SSB can be played seriously does not mean we don't play the game "as it was meant to be played" as you people call it. We do turn on items from time to time to fuck around. We do do free for alls and do random things. If anything, SSB has more options to play than traditional fighters.

And this is coming from someone who plays many fighting games competitively. SF4, SF 3s, MvC2, TvC, and GG.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play Brawl as Metaknight for fun

Not be allowed to use him in a tournament

Never change "Competition"

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i hated using meta-knight. not cuz he was sick, i jus sucked with him. alot of ppl do, i dunno y their banning him. thats jus stupid to be applied to SMB-B...

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, I can breathe. Now i have to convice my fucking spamshit friends to stop using him. They love him SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY CAN BEAT ME USING HIS SHITTY SPAMNADO.

(I'm not a pro-player, nor do I consider myself one, but I am definitely better than my friends.)

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, I can breathe. Now i have to convice my fucking spamshit friends to stop using him. They love him SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY CAN BEAT ME USING HIS SHITTY SPAMNADO.

(I'm not a pro-player, nor do I consider myself one, but I am definitely better than my friends.)

Apparently not bro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P