Hacking messed up some place here

peppers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I installed the all the bootme apps cios 19 and hermese v5 I used pimpmywii to update my console to 4.1 and the outher stuff it dose I installed most startpatch paches and I also have a first gen wiikey installed

My problem is now everything works sept my disk channel is screwed uo for exsample super mario galaxy plays but displays in gray and wii play dose not seem to even boot, where have I gone wrong and how do I correct it? also noteworthy is startpatch will not allow me to boot it anymore I get an error message when I try.

Phr3d13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a force video issue to me, anyone else agree?

If it is, then go over the patches you have applied in startpatch, make sure you only applied the patches you need (ie. Block Updates) and try again.

peppers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinkin the same thing but how can I remove the startpatch option when startpatch wont let me open it? I can fall back with bootme and my fw bakup but that seems a little much.

peppers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand that, I boot up startpatch with the homebrew channel and then I get the error message. I did try fresh startpatches on 2 different sd cards

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
peppers said:
I don't understand that, I boot up startpatch with the homebrew channel and then I get the error message. I did try fresh startpatches on 2 different sd cards

sorry about that i was referring to installing Priiloader, IMHO its better than startpatch in many ways, i'd just use that but its your choice

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
pepxl said:
peppers said:
S_Identity (as SU)...Error: -1029

Returning to loader

try installing with 249 and you need a patched SM IOS for Priiloader

not true anymore, ever since Priiloader v0.1 a patched SM IOS is no longer required to use priiloader.

quote from Priiloader v0.1 changelog
priiloader no longer needs ES_DIVerify for system menu booting. however if a different ios is chosen to run system menu with it still needs the hack/patch

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
pepxl said:
peppers said:

Returning to loader

try installing with 249 and you need a patched SM IOS for Priiloader

not true anymore, ever since Priiloader v0.1 a patched SM IOS is no longer required to use priiloader.

quote from Priiloader v0.1 changelog
priiloader no longer needs ES_DIVerify for system menu booting. however if a different ios is chosen to run system menu with it still needs the hack/patch

lol thats shows you how long it is since i used or needed priiloader then

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, i remember when people started using preloader v0.30 there were tons of people falsely claiming they were bricked when they got the system files corrupted message. The solution then was to either update to priiloader v0.1 or higher or patch the system menu IOS. Honestly, it was like a week straight of hearing "Oh no, preloader bricked my wii!" that has engrained that little tid-bit of information permanently into my skull, lol.
biggrin.gif

edit:
peppers said:

Returning to loader
@OP, is this the error u got from priiloader or startpatch?

Phr3d13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what he posted.
@XFlak: What's the error mean, and how does one fix it, so i know for the next time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: lol