Homebrew Melee not playing on Nintendont on Wii

Frog Ribbit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TLDR; vWii plays all GC games fine. Wii plays all games except Melee just fine. I'm using the same USB drive: same isos, and same nintendont files. Everything's up-to-date. How can I get Melee to work on Wii?

I have Homebrew installed on both my Wii U and Wii. I can play Melee on my Wii U (vWii) just fine (more specifically, I use 20xx. However, regular Melee also works). Other games work, too (Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2). However, when I plug the same USB drive into my Wii, Melee no longer works (Mario Sunshine still plays fine, though). All of my programs are up to date: Wii at 4.3U; Wii Homebrew is 1.1.2, IOS58 v24.32; vWii Homebrew is 1.1.2, IOS58 v25.32; Nintednont is v3.389.

When I select Melee, Nintendont loads it like normal, my Wii Remote's blue lights go solid, like normal, but my TV sits at "No Signal" forever. My Wii Remotes' lights eventually turn off. I tried this a week ago, and I believe the button combination (R+Z+B+Dpad Down) on my GC controller to go back to the Homebrew menu worked, but it's not right now. I can't do anything, so I have to hold the power button down until the Wii turns off.

I'm not really sure what else to do at this point. I have no idea why my Melee isos only work on vWii, but other games work just fine on both Wii and vWii.

I'm using a Lexar 32GB USB drive, just so you know. I've used it for all of my Homebrew applications, and it's never failed.

Both my Wii and Wii U have never had any issues.

Why would only Melee not play on the Wii? What can I do to get it to play properly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Frog Ribbit,

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judging by the "No signal" thing, it appears that for some reason your Wii is switching your TV to a video mode that is going unsupported by your TV.

Try
Settings > Video mode: Force the correct video mode

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Reactions: Frog Ribbit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BETA215 @ BETA215: Fighting downhill is proper of traitors, sometimes you do what you have to do...