Gaming Mega Man's Amiibo & Mighty No. 9

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
There looks to be potential for Mighty No. 9 to support the Mega Man Amiibo (have Mega Man as a playable character?) but this still comes down to Nintendo and Comcept.

Outside of Smash 3DS / Wii U and Mario Kart 8 I don't think there's any other game that uses the Mega Man Amiibo.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There looks to be potential for Mighty No. 9 to support the Mega Man Amiibo (have Mega Man as a playable character?) but this still comes down to Nintendo and Comcept.
You mean it comes down to Capcom and Comcept. We already know amiibo can be supported in 3rd party games not made by Nintendo (e.g. One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X for 3DS), but Mighty No. 9 is in development because Keiji Inafune left Capcom to pursue the realization of his ideas that Capcom didn't support. Mighty No. 9 is a game that has nothing to do with Mega Man other than being (very) similar in gameplay and style and is NOT endorsed by Capcom. So if Capcom allows Mega Man to be in the game that means Comcept and Capcom must have been in talks, which is unlikely considering Inafune himself wanted to cut ties to Capcom.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
We already know amiibo can be supported in 3rd party games not made by Nintendo (e.g. One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X for 3DS)

But even with that it's 3DS exclusive game, Mighty No. 9 is coming to literally every single platform available. If they include some amiibo feature, how are they going to replicate that on other platforms? I hate when some games have some device exclusive stuff as I just want to play them with best device I have instead of one that has that exclusivity.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
But even with that it's 3DS exclusive game, Mighty No. 9 is coming to literally every single platform available. If they include some amiibo feature, how are they going to replicate that on other platforms? I hate when some games have some device exclusive stuff as I just want to play them with best device I have instead of one that has that exclusivity.

You just have to live with that, just like Rayman Legends has special costumes and different gameplay suited to the Wii U. Or Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition with exclusive modes and features. It doesn't matter if a game is releasing on every possible platform, if the developer is up to making exclusive features that will make the game more successful on a particular platform, they'll likely go for it. It's all about business. If a developer sees that their games perform better on PlayStation vs. Nintendo, they'll invest in the PlayStation version to bring exclusive features so even more people will buy that and eventually make the Nintendo version go away. Nobody supports something that doesn't make money. Comcept likely has very good estimates on what Mighty No. 9 will sell like on Nintendo consoles and if it's viable business-wise to make exclusive features they'll do that. It's simple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-