Mega man anniversary 30th stream tomorrow

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom will be hosting a mega man anniversary tomorrow, if you want information about it read here: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mega-man-anniversary-stream-announced-for-december/1100-6455329/

As for what would be announced any guess is as good as mine, I would advice not letting your hopes up until you see the stream if only because this is Capcom and they have are known to be tone deaf about mega man.

There is a good chance we hear about the man of action tv show, and maybe a tie in game related to it.

As for what I hope for (wishful thinking):

1. Mega man universe comes back and allows you to remake any levels from mega man 1-6. Or at least a spiritual successor that allows you to make your own levels and share them online.
2. Mega man X reboot or even snes style game or mega man X9.
3. Mega man 11 (I do not mind it being 8 bit, but I personally would like to see a classic mega man style game that is not just appealing to retro fans).
4. Wayforward or yacht games is developing the games because these guys know level design and gorgeous art that fits mega man IMO.

Mega man fans, what do you hope to see?

Reactions: fmhugo

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega Man Legends is the Half-Life 3 and Portal 3 of Capcom. :rofl2:

I'm sensing they would just release some anthology or collection.
that is what most people are saying based on the comments I have seen thus far. I feel if we are lucky, we may get a mega man game that is similar to mega man legends 3 or mega man universe. But there is no way they are going to call them that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just hope it is not just mega man legacy collection 1 and 2 for the switch and then call it a day. which I am fine with that being real, but I hope it is not the only announcement

Reactions: ov3rkill

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Mega man universe comes back and allows you to remake any levels from mega man 1-6. Or at least a spiritual successor that allows you to make your own levels and share them online.
oh that would be awsome . . . and reminds me of when capcom bought out that fan-made megaman vs streetfighter game 5 years ago (just for shits and giggles here is a link to it Mega Man)

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh that would be awsome . . . and reminds me of when capcom bought out that fan-made megaman vs streetfighter game 5 years ago (just for shits and giggles here is a link to it Mega Man)
truth be told, that is personally the game I wish for the most. just a way to increase replay value of the game by having a community online that makes and share games. at the same time it would be like crash n sane trilogy for mega man

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
truth be told, that is personally the game I wish for the most. just a way to increase replay value of the game by having a community online that makes and share games. at the same time it would be like crash n sane trilogy for mega man
oh here i was thinking i was the only one hoping for a . . . "super mega maker" (lol . . . it even sounds like something straight out of japan)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a huge fan of Megaman/Rockman as you can see on my icon, lol. However, I dont trust Capcom. They will release more merchandised and more junk things.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd assume there's probably something switch related coming out of this, as Nintendo retweeted about the Livestream:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MegaMan/status/936383164653563904
oh I wasn't aware of that, but yeah I think that Capcom was most likely just testing the switch. now that it is confirmed that the switch is doing well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mega man announcement on it. I mean they announced ace attorney for it already

oh here i was thinking i was the only one hoping for a . . . "super mega maker" (lol . . . it even sounds like something straight out of japan)

we kind of already have mega man maker as a fan game. I just wish it would be officially by Capcom because then it would come to consoles.

I am huge fan of Megaman/Rockman as you can see on my icon, lol. However, I dont trust Capcom. They will release more merchandised and more junk things.
I completely share your frustration as a mega man fan (especially mega man x which is almost entirely ignored if it wasn't for marvel vs Capcom infinite), but just like Capcom listened to resident evil fanbase with resident evil 7. I hope that they listen to the mega man fanbase as well. Especially that Capcom confirmed that they would focus on games that hasn't seen releases in the last five years. that makes mega man a possible candidate.

Reactions: rileysrjay

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely share your frustration as a mega man fan (especially mega man x which is almost entirely ignored if it wasn't for marvel vs Capcom infinite), but just like Capcom listened to resident evil fanbase with resident evil 7. I hope that they listen to the mega man fanbase as well. Especially that Capcom confirmed that they would focus on games that hasn't seen releases in the last five years. that makes mega man a possible candidate.

We shall wait and see. I doubt but I hope that I am wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool