• Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys i see you guy know allot about computer have a dell laptop with Windows 10 how can i switch to Linux i think Linux is better i have never used Linux but i have seen allot of videos on YouTube Linux look really cool and fast
Never believe what to see in YouTube videos. They trend to be personal preferences and incorrect opinions. As you find "lots" of "Linux is better" videos, you will if you look for them los and lots of "Windows is better" videos.
Linux is not for nobbies on Linux you need good knowledge of everything. Keep windows, read and understand the concepts in technology and then when you have criteria take the decision

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

doc_holliday

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across this project from a YouTube video who gave it a glowing review as an IT tool. I decided to take a look at the files before I installed it and it is full of malware. Yes, I know there's bound to be a few false positives b/c it contains password cracks, but it is far more than that. The files contain spy ware, exploits, viruses, and trojans. Why in the world would an IT tool contain spy ware and browser exploits in a help guide? Many of the files have been obfuscated in way that is used to hide from AV scanners. Do NOT go plugging this into your work computers unless you are trying to get yourself fired! If you want an IT tool build it yourself or buy it from a reputable company. Scan results attached.

Attachments

• medicat-usb-scan.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 62

DasDilemma

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

thanks for the quick feedback, I am thrilled how constructive this forum is ;)

Medicat VHD (different from Medicat USB) is bootable from Ventoy as is, you just need to copy it to the stick

There is still one question out of curiosity. The possibility to create one or more partitions with the vhd manager to install MedicatUSB on it does not exist? I will try it with Medicat VHD for now, but if it is technically feasible I would like to create some bootable systems (ventoy) via the virtual partitions from the USB stick (for example MedicatUSB, Windows preinstalled)...

I hope the question is not too awkward, have a nice weekend!

jijahren

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Windows Antivirus found "u:\PortableApps\Software Lister.exe" on the medicat usb to be a trojan.
Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml. Is this correct? or is it a false positive?

I guess if I ran a full scan of the medicat-usb stick I would get alerted to a lot more sinister code and viruses.

It pisses me of if someone would build a solution for people with problems with their computer that fuck up their pc with even more problems and sinister code.

Last edited by jijahren,
  • Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Windows Antivirus found "u:\PortableApps\Software Lister.exe" on the medicat usb to be a trojan.

I guess if I ran a full scan of the medicat-usb stick I would get alerted to a lot more sinister code and viruses.

It pisses me of if someone would build a solution for people with problems with their computer that fuck up their pc with even more problems and sinister code.
it's a false positive. windows, among other antiviruses, often tend to mark programs that they don't already know are safe as "malware" because they do certain things like look at certain system info, which diagnostic tools (such as those included in medicat) tend to do. that and it ain't uncommon for AVs to intentionally have certain false positives to scare you out of using better software...

MON5TERMATT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across this project from a YouTube video who gave it a glowing review as an IT tool. I decided to take a look at the files before I installed it and it is full of malware. Yes, I know there's bound to be a few false positives b/c it contains password cracks, but it is far more than that. The files contain spy ware, exploits, viruses, and trojans. Why in the world would an IT tool contain spy ware and browser exploits in a help guide? Many of the files have been obfuscated in way that is used to hide from AV scanners. Do NOT go plugging this into your work computers unless you are trying to get yourself fired! If you want an IT tool build it yourself or buy it from a reputable company. Scan results attached.
wow almost all nirsoft, almost as if that has been explained on their site before HERE: https://www.nirsoft.net/false_positive_report.html
Post automatically merged:

jesus fuck some people cannot understand how the fuck false positives work.

I'll end my rant with this, if you don't feel comfortable using the software, then don't fucking use it, I will not go on trying to explain how false positives work, because I'm sure some of you guys complaining wouldn't understand...

additionally i can tell you why that one is acting up, we compiled it into an EXE ourselves. we didnt sign anything because its pointless to do so.

neofita

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
@DasDilemma

you should install Medicat USB as is on your flash drive, then separately create vhd's with what you want and then copy those vhd's inside Medicat USB, so you can have everything in one stick

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a little bit confused on how to go about getting this set up with Ventoy.
I already have a Ventoy portable SSD set up. How do I put Medicat onto it such that I can boot into it via Ventoy? I keep seeing that Medicat should be about 30 GB, but the VHD folder is empty and the ventoy folder has a few very small files. This is the archive I have:

1683733021347.png

Please advise, and sorry if this is already addressed in the docs, I've read them and still struggling to understand.

Last edited by SonicRings,

MON5TERMATT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little bit confused on how to go about getting this set up with Ventoy.
I already have a Ventoy portable SSD set up. How do I put Medicat onto it such that I can boot into it via Ventoy? I keep seeing that Medicat should be about 30 GB, but the VHD folder is empty and the ventoy folder has a few very small files. This is the archive I have:

View attachment 370429

Please advise, and sorry if this is already addressed in the docs, I've read them and still struggling to understand.
install ventoy to usb, Extract entire archive to the root. (optional) move all other isos to OSImages

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
install ventoy to usb, Extract entire archive to the root. (optional) move all other isos to OSImages
Ah, that's the part that confused me. So what I have there just goes to the root? Thanks a lot!

I was confused because I thought I'd only need a single VHD or ISO to put in the ventoy's ISO folder. Definitely going to need to re-create my Ventoy drive and allocate more than the current 10 GB I currently have then.

TingFeng77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Regardless if it has malware or not
I wouldn't be using this in a corporate environment

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
well yeah, its not really the ideal place to use it.
Is not the best idea on an corporate environment. Not because malware, but some content what is free to use by personal not comercial use, but on corporate environment you must fullfil some license and payment for adequate use. So avoid licenses issues which can be costly because penalty fees

ytsayanora

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, I wonder if there is WinToHDD, Disk Drill and R-Studio in this package, is there a complete and detailed list of which programs are available, I will check and download there, thanks, have a nice day, take it easy.

mand0rk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wonder if there is WinToHDD, Disk Drill and R-Studio in this package, is there a complete and detailed list of which programs are available, I will check and download there, thanks, have a nice day, take it easy.
I would also like Disk Drill installed or instructions to install it. I own a full license for it, so if there's a way to maybe add it to the portable apps on Tiny 10 Live myself that would work for me.

marie-sophie

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys !
Long long time HBCD happy user here :)
As I lost my usb stick I was about to re-download HBCD, but then I came acress MediCat (never heard of before)
Coupled with Ventoy (never heard of before) it seems to be a pretty good tool altogether, especially to "just" add ISO to it

I see many applications outdated (DD, EaseUS, AOMEI, ...)
They are .wim .... How do I update them and re-compile the MediCat ?
Is there a sub-menu entry for that which I would have missed ?

Thks ! MSSG

Last edited by marie-sophie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D