OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
How can i add Hard Disk Sentinel (DOS) or is there already another way to check HDD health?
There are PortableApps of harddisk utilities to check health, and you can run them directly on a system without booting into anything.

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok thanks, i guess i'll be booting into Mini Windows 10 then. :P
Any chance you can explain how to add wifi driver when booting into Mini Windows 10?

It's just that in my work i check the laptops before we give them to our clients, regular stuff like temperature/keyboard/wifi/sound/etc and sometimes the laptops have passwords and we don't know them.
Most of the time i boot into my Linux usb but i don't check HDD health from there and i'd like to use Medicat more and more. :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, i guess i'll be booting into Mini Windows 10 then. :P
Any chance you can explain how to add wifi driver when booting into Mini Windows 10?

It's just that in my work i check the laptops before we give them to our clients, regular stuff like temperature/keyboard/wifi/sound/etc and sometimes the laptops have passwords and we don't know them.
Most of the time i boot into my Linux usb but i don't check HDD health from there and i'd like to use Medicat more and more. :)
You can use the desktop icon "Remove User Account Passwords"can to unlock the passwords for the user accounts.

Now to get Wi-Fi working, open Snappy Driver Installer in the PortableApps menu. Install the wi-fi drivers and any others you need, I include drivers for the major chipset like Intel, Atheros, and Broadcom. Then you tinker around with the networking utility in the task tray to connect.

MilesKjeller

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, been using MediCat for a while and I've been very impressed with the toolset.
I have, however, encountered an ongoing issue on some systems, anything that chainloads through grub just drops me to a grub prompt instead of loading.

I am running the latest build of MediCat and downloaded it with the Torrent method.
Burned to a Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB with Rufus. NTFS/MBR Mode

Any thoughts?

Last edited by MilesKjeller,
Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

rajansari

Trophies
XP
Country
India
vesamenu.c32 error :\ isolinux only has a single entry named 0 which doesnt work and gives same error. Burned using Rufus MBR/ NTFS

Varkiaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I need your help.

I put the latest version of Medicat with Rufus and it boot fine, but when I choose Kon-BootCD, after show up the kon-boot logo it reboot on Medicat instead of Windows.
Same with "Continue Booting the PC", "Reboot the PC", or "Shutdown the PC" after displaying the message : " reboot.c32(/chain.c32) : not a COM32R image ".

I don't know what I can do. It would be great if you have a way to solve this!

Thanks in advance and for your hard work on Medicat!

Trace2512

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Rufus has issues with Medicat? o.O
I know WinSetupfromUSB has issues with it.
Can't you just remove the passwords with PassCape, but to choose to backup the key so you can restore it later?
All without knowing the password, but still being able to bring back the same one later.

malicious50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for this tool Jayro. I have a tiny problem, I downloaded two times the Medicat DVD iso from Google Drive, and the either times I got different hashes from the .txt file you supplied in the folder. Will download again from torrent this time and see if I have finally right hash.

EDIT: I got the right hashes downloading the torrent version. Maybe the two files have different hashes?

Last edited by malicious50,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this tool Jayro. I have a tiny problem, I downloaded two times the Medicat DVD iso from Google Drive, and the either times I got different hashes from the .txt file you supplied in the folder. Will download again from torrent this time and see if I have finally right hash.

EDIT: I got the right hashes downloading the torrent version. Maybe the two files have different hashes?
Every time I try uploading the Google or Mega ISOs, they always get corrupted somehow, so I just made a torrent instead. I suggest everyone just use the torrent, and I'll be uploading future builds as torrents only from now on.

tilda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
tda.wtf
XP
Country
United States
Hey! This looks pretty nice.
You should make a lite version for people who don't have a USB laying around (just a DVD).
Although the USBs may be cheap currently... some people may not wanna spend more or they just wanna use what they have currently.

Last edited by tilda,

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! This looks pretty nice.
You should make a lite version for people who don't have a USB laying around (just a DVD).
Although the USBs may be cheap currently... some people may not wanna spend more or they just wanna use what they have currently.
There is a DVD version of this. Infact, that's way I use, rather than dedicating an entire flash drive to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo