OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
is there any release date for the new version ?
Yes, April 23rd for this next release. It's mostly done, just waiting for the next Lubuntu stable release on April 22nd to drop. Then I'll update all the PortableApps and virus definitions. It takes me almost a full day to update them all and upload the 3 ISO files to both Mediafire and MEGA. (6 ISOs in all) And with only 15Mb upload speeds, it takes a while. :P

But rest assured, this will be one rich release. A bit more larger files to download, but well worth it in terms of being quality-tested and feature-heavy. :yaysp:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have updated Rufus to v2.8 in the download links.

3dp chip and 3dp net are included? very good tool for driver download
No, it includes Snappy Driver Installer (SDI_R437) and some driverpacks already on the .iso to get you online with the most important hardware up and running, like WLAN, Ethernet, chipset, SATA, etc. And in doing so, I have also edited the driverpacks to only contain Windows 10 drivers, shrinking them significantly from many Gigabytes to just over a hundred Megabytes.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just successfully booted the 32-bit version of Mini Windows 10 on a Pentium 4 system with only 2GB of RAM. It's a 32-bit Prescott core CPU with HyperThreading, and clocks in @2.73GHz. I'm actually posting from the machine now:

32-bit Pentium 4 HT Prescott CPU.png

Here's the wireless working after installing the WLAN driver from Snappy Driver Installer:

Wireless Working.png

Last edited by Jayro,

Markinhfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, April 23rd for this next release. It's mostly done, just waiting for the next Lubuntu stable release on April 22nd to drop. Then I'll update all the PortableApps and virus definitions. It takes me almost a full day to update them all and upload the 3 ISO files to both Mediafire and MEGA. (6 ISOs in all) And with only 15Mb upload speeds, it takes a while. :P

But rest assured, this will be one rich release. A bit more larger files to download, but well worth it in terms of being quality-tested and feature-heavy. :yaysp:

Looking forward to it

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I want everyone to know that I'm currently battling an upper respiratory infection (coughing, hard to breathe) while also fighting off a low grade fever and seasonal allergies to pollen... All at once. However, this will NOT be affecting MediCat development. My health and wellness of course takes #1 priority, but this will not delay the MediCat release. Just wanted to keep you guys informed.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I want everyone to know that I'm currently battling an upper respiratory infection (coughing, hard to breathe) while also fighting off a low grade fever and seasonal allergies to pollen... All at once. However, this will NOT be affecting MediCat development. My health and wellness of course takes #1 priority, but this will not delay the MediCat release. Just wanted to keep you guys informed.
I hope you get well soon. I've had the same type of infection before whilst young so I know how bad it can get.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
After much trial and error, SUCCESS!

I can finally flat-file boot all the recovery discs! This increases the successful boot rate of the recovery discs significantly, as they are essentially running from the root of the flashdrive (or DVD-R), without using that awful GRUB4DOS garbage! :D

BOOTMGR.png

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I'm feeling much better now. I'm getting over my illness quickly, and have put in some long hours on MediCat development for today. I'm *finally* satisfied with everything. No hangups, no bugs, no error messages, no broken menu entries... I've been testing my latest build on all types of hardware configurations, and things couldn't be running smother. I even got the full MediCat DVD under 5GB! Since everything is going so good, I decided against releasing a Beta this time around.

I did usher in one last portable app at the last second though, it's a small hash calculation app, but it can do CRC32, SHA1, ED2K, SHA-256, SHA-512, SHA3-224, SHA3-256, and SHA3-512! It's also very, VERY fast at calculating the hashes, even on my 1.5GHz sandybridge i3 with large files.

Now I just need to wait on Lubuntu 16.04 to drop on the 22nd, and I can release this glorious build upon all you beautiful people. :yaysp: :wub:

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking this is made to have Linux and Windows work in one environment without switching OS's and without using wine, but alas my dreams are broken. :cry:

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking this is made to have Linux and Windows work in one environment without switching OS's and without using wine, but alas my dreams are broken. :cry:
To be fair, it does triple boot a WinPE, a Linux LiveCD, and FreeDOS. :gba:

Tacotardis42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit offtopic, but the newest windows 10 insider preview has this special beta feature: http://wccftech.com/how-to-run-ubuntu-on-windows-10-guide/

It will let you run bash on windows 10 ;) You can either get the potentially buggy insider preview or wait for the full release! Sorry for going offtopic, but I think you may be interested!

D

Deleted User

Hey @Jayro , you should get some DVDs professionally made and sell them :3
Also, I need to get a LightScribe Template made to make some myself :P

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Important announcement:

This release will have the resolution upped from 800x600, to 1024x768!

Here's a screenshot of the final Main Menu layout:

Main Menu.png

Hey @Jayro , you should get some DVDs professionally made and sell them :3
Also, I need to get a LightScribe Template made to make some myself :P
I'd make a lightscribe template myself, but I don't have the burner or software setup at the moment. Maybe I'll scrape one together in Nero Cover Designer and Photoshop sometime after the release on the 23rd.

Last edited by Jayro,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, the 1280x800 menus only worked in VMware, and not on real machines. So I had to stick with 1024x768 (4:3), which is still a nice improvement over last release's 800x600 menus. Just about everything in this release was reworked from the ground up. Lots of experimentation has taken place until I got everything working this time. I have been staying up most nights working on this until it's perfect. I've even saved over some of my work by accident, and had to either re-make it, or extract an old version and modify it. This has been a tough ride, a really tiring project, and it's tested my patience a few nights. Adjust one thing, break 4 other things... That's just how this works sometimes! I'm saving $45 to buy a "Home" license for NTLite, to make my job a bit easier with new versions of Mini Windows 10.

I've hunted down and killed pretty-much every bug I could possibly come across. I've also tested this release in VMware 12.1, the latest VirtualBox 5.x, as well as my HP Envy laptop, a Compaq laptop, an ASUS gaming PC, my girlfriend's MSI gaming laptop, and even a 32-bit Prescott-core Pentium 4 with just 2GB of RAM! All machines booted everything on the ISO without issues, so I have high hopes that very few people will have any problems.

But enough of my ramblings... I'm here to tell you all that the next release is still on track for April 23rd, and I am finally finished with it.

Enjoy these fresh screenshots:

EULA.png Main Menu.png Harddisk Menu.png Harddisk Tools.png Lubuntu.png About MediCat.png Mini10 x32.png Mini10 x64.png BOOTMGR.png Comodo Rescue Disk.png Lubuntu 256MB RAM.png

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@Jayro
Is it possible with Medicat to boot into Windows if the bootloader is broken?

example:
Dual boot Ubuntu/Windows
Remove Ubuntu
Grub broken
Can't repair Windows bootloader (the bootrec /fixboot, /fixMBR, /rebuildBCD don't work)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: