• Views 8,378,999
  • Replies 3,958
  • Likes 278

Silviu112

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I might be just a bit daft here but I am trying to select shredos and I am being asked for a password, I have searched everywhere, I am afraid I have to ask now here .Dose anyone knows the password for shredos ?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi I might be just a bit daft here but I am trying to select shredos and I am being asked for a password, I have searched everywhere, I am afraid I have to ask now here .Dose anyone knows the password for shredos ?
The password is right on the yellow text in the menu.

medicat

royitoroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
@royitoroy Wipe the disk completely and the partition preferably with some gparted and delete any partitions then create a ntfs partition and install multicat etc. according to the guides. If multicat works and loads properly I would advise you to keep your "stuff" on the same partition as your multicat files. It's best to make a folder and create a file called .ventoyignore in it. then the ventoy will not unnecessarily load your personal belongings and you will be able to keep them there safely.
I can't get it to work... I always get the error this is not a standard ventoy device and is not supported (4098) and it can't load from the external hdd

zaadstra

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, MediCat hasn't been an ISO since 2019. Likely won't be an ISO ever again. It actually stands a better chance of being released as a .VHD file, which I'm experimenting with.
Ouch that's too bad, I was searching for the ISO too. I already have a Ventoy stick with several iso's and Linux/Windows setups, and I wanted to add Medicat ISO to the stick. There's now a very old version on it (I believe v8 or so).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Ouch that's too bad, I was searching for the ISO too. I already have a Ventoy stick with several iso's and Linux/Windows setups, and I wanted to add Medicat ISO to the stick. There's now a very old version on it (I believe v8 or so).
You can create and mount a .VHD file that's 32GB, and install Ventoy+MediCat to that, and boot to it in Ventoy.

ideostyle

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tested medicat and I have a small problem. When I want to launch the mini windows 10 I get an error message. I think the winload.exe is missing.

Have you ever had this problem?

homeboy38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How much RAM do tout have?
Did you verified the source files checksums?
Maybe a problem when creating the key (or the key itself)? Did you disabled thé antivirus ?

Isai69

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seria útil una lista de los programas y para que sirven ya que al ser muchos algunas personas que no sepan para que es cada herramienta se confundirán por eso subieron que si alguien podría hacer una lista y para que sirve cada herramienta en el medicat

Isai69

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seria útil una lista de los programas y para que sirven ya que al ser muchas algunas personas que no sepan para que es cada herramienta se confundirán por eso subieron que si alguien podría hacer una lista y para que sirve cada herramienta en el medicat

DCHJazzMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help, we are using Dell Micro 5080's with PCIe 4.0 or 5.0 there seems to be issues with loading the mini windows 10 or especially running the password reset tools. If the password reset tools run, then there will always be NO SAM ACCOUNTS thus there are no accounts present to reset passwords. Can you help with this?

victorhooi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would it be possible to include the Intel Process Diagnostic Tool into the toolkit?

(My account is too new to paste a link, but if you google for "Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool", it should be in the first few results).

This is useful to do things like verify that an Intel CPU is genuine, check for CPU flags, test/verify specific CPU features, run stress-tests on the CPU etc.

I think this would be quite valuable to include!

(There's also a pre-built portable apps version here - google for it - although I haven't verified it, and I'm not sure if you prefer to build your own portable apps).

Sombrax25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get an ISO of this so I can put it on my IODD.

edit: Answered my own question by reading, who knew lol. im going to have to purchase a flash drive specifically for this den unless the IODD drive can boot a VHD.

Last edited by Sombrax25,

Gremlin220366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to get an ISO of this so I can put it on my IODD.

edit: Answered my own question by reading, who knew lol. im going to have to purchase a flash drive specifically for this den unless the IODD drive can boot a VHD.
I believe an IODD can boot a VHD file. But there are posts above this that may help you also and much more help available if you join the discord. Link on first page.

Arrrchitects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even express how many times this would have come in handy in the 20-some years I've had computers as a hobby. I used Ultimate Boot CD a million times when discs weren't a dead technology. i don't even wanna know how many times I had to throw memtest on a flash drive or need to make a bootable [insert OS here] USB. This is definitely going on a flash drive or two in my backpack which goes everywhere with me. So thank you...you have made my life not only a little easier but also saved me from having to say 'god damnit..where the hell is a flash drive and what's on it' and wasting valuable 'not doing that' time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4