MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Adding your own stuff to it is easy after you make the USB. Just copy and paste another menu entry (changing its label of course) and point it to your ISO. The ISO cannot have spaces in the name, and is case-sensitive.
well. maybe a more detailed explanation?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Adding your own stuff to it is easy after you make the USB. Just copy and paste another menu entry (changing its label of course) and point it to your ISO. The ISO cannot have spaces in the name, and is case-sensitive.
so i read up some and i believe i figured it out as it uses the syslinux menu.cfg system

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
well. maybe a more detailed explanation?

so i read up some and i believe i figured it out as it uses the syslinux menu.cfg system
Yeah, you just edit the .CFG files with notepad. :)

Reactions: MarioMasta64

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The main_menu.cfg on the root contains the main menu items, but all the .cfg files in the MEDICAT folder are for the sub-menus. Just really depends on where you want your added ISO to show up on the USB.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The main_menu.cfg on the root contains the main menu items, but all the .cfg files in the MEDICAT folder are for the sub-menus. Just really depends on where you want your added ISO to show up on the USB.
well i sorta got a test menu i added as "test" that points to /Other/test_menu.cfg i added quite a bit but i cant seem to figure out how to boot iso files. (i figured out how to boot live usb sticks tho. sorta)

i have alot of my own little stuff in other for pc repair. like default folders. exploit patchers. etc.

MineElectricity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey !

Please could you explain how to make it work with uefi systems ?

(As you can see on older responses I've messed with things quite a bit but nothing seems to work) (and I tried with rufus, but neither work :/)

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey !

Please could you explain how to make it work with uefi systems ?

(As you can see on older responses I've messed with things quite a bit but nothing seems to work) (and I tried with rufus, but neither work :/)
uefi systems require a key to sign the files ran. they have to be signed and licensed. if you boot this in uefi it will just open the hard disk menu (idk what its called but it has these robot things) medicat boots in legacy mode

Reactions: MineElectricity

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
so im working with syslinux stuff and i gor myself a menu going ^~^

Attachments

• 20170403_212214.jpg
    20170403_212214.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 269

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
well i sorta got a test menu i added as "test" that points to /Other/test_menu.cfg i added quite a bit but i cant seem to figure out how to boot iso files. (i figured out how to boot live usb sticks tho. sorta)
Just copy the entry used for the Windows recovery discs from Windows.CFG, and modify it to your ISO. Then it should work.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
The full MediCat DVD boots in Legacy mode only, which all UEFI systems support. The Mini Windows 10 ISO boots both UEFI and Legacy modes.
some newer computers that run windows 10 started to remove legacy mode from bio. gladly they caught on quickly that people hated it but a few pcs released dont have a legacy mode

Just copy the entry used for the Windows recovery discs from Windows.CFG, and modify it to your ISO. Then it should work.
nice ill look into it. at the moment i have them booting from ramdisks which is probby not the best way

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
so im working with syslinux stuff and i gor myself a menu going ^~^
Oh cool, looks good! :)

some newer computers that run windows 10 started to remove legacy mode from bio. gladly they caught on quickly that people hated it but a few pcs released dont have a legacy mode

nice ill look into it. at the moment i have them booting from ramdisks which is probby not the best way
For small ISOs, it's usually okay.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States

im good at rapid prototyping rather than coding so most my stuff is variations on examples. so ill look into the whole windows.cfg thing and also ill probably add key presses from main_menu.cfg

try 4gb and 2gb xD they aint small

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
im good at rapid prototyping rather than coding so most my stuff is variations on examples. so ill look into the whole windows.cfg thing and also ill probably add key presses from main_menu.cfg

try 4gb and 2gb xD they aint small
They aren't small, but with systems having 16GB and 32GB of RAM as standard these days, it's hardly an issue.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
They aren't small, but with systems having 16GB and 32GB of RAM as standard these days, it's hardly an issue.
it depends because i use them for fixing peoples pcs and pcs often vary so i like to have different software of different sizes on another note whats all this sectors and stuff looks complex @~@

tho say if i wanted to boot an install disk using this would it detect the disc on reboot (when its finalizing) or does it have to be remounted somehow?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
it depends because i use them for fixing peoples pcs and pcs often vary so i like to have different software of different sizes on another note whats all this sectors and stuff looks complex @~@

tho say if i wanted to boot an install disk using this would it detect the disc on reboot (when its finalizing) or does it have to be remounted somehow?
Yes, it would detect and boot this disc. With the Mini Windows 10 ISO you can add back bootfix.bin to get the "press any key to boot from DVD....." message.

I also apologize for the spacing between replies, I'm at work and my dev workstation at home needs Windows reinstalled.

MarioMasta64

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it would detect and boot this disc. With the Mini Windows 10 ISO you can add back bootfix.bin to get the "press any key to boot from DVD....." message.

I also apologize for the spacing between replies, I'm at work and my dev workstation at home needs Windows reinstalled.
i meant for say if im making boot cds for 8.1 7 10 etc for install from usb

Typhoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

thank you for sharing this project of yours!

I'm trying to add a menu to be able to boot the LiveCD/Installation media from Manjaro (Arch Linux).

I created a new menu for that and can get to that menu on boot.

The relevant content of the new menu file:
LABEL Manjaro
MENU LABEL Boot Manjaro:
MENU DISABLE

LABEL LiveCD
MENU LABEL LiveCD ==>
kernel /boot/grub.exe
APPEND --config-file="find --set-root --ignore-floppies /ISO/manjaro-gnome-16.10-stable-x86_64.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /ISO/manjaro-gnome-16.10-stable-x86_64.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
TEXT HELP
Boot the Manjaro Gnome (x86_64) live medium.
ENDTEXT

And of course, I have put the iso manjaro-gnome-16.10-stable-x86_64.iso in /ISO/ on the thumb key.

But I get stuck on a grub minimalist prompt... Any idea what I missed?
Is there a missing double quote somewhere (there's only one before the find on the APPEND line???

MineElectricity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, thanks, it's clear in my mind now !

But, will there be problems with things like the disk tools versus gpt hard drives ?

So; for Windows PE and Lubuntu I should remove them from your utility and create independent .ptn files ?
And am I right if I assume that I can't convert medicat to a .ptn ?

Thanks again.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks, it's clear in my mind now !

But, will there be problems with things like the disk tools versus gpt hard drives ?

So; for Windows PE and Lubuntu I should remove them from your utility and create independent .ptn files ?
And am I right if I assume that I can't convert medicat to a .ptn ?

Thanks again.
The partitioning tools within Win10 PE should support GPT, but maybe only in UEFI mode for the standalone Mini Windows 10 ISO. I'm not experienced in GPT, I still only use MBR.

I have no clue what a .ptn is.

Last edited by Jayro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...