Hardware Mayflash GC-Wiimote Adapter doesn't recognize emulated GC controller. Incorrect bytes? Power supply?

Bgeo25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a project and it involves a working connection between a Mayflash GC controller adapter connected to an Arduino via a GC extension cable. The adapter is supposed to receive GC input bytes via the Arduino's AnalogWrite command. I used http://www.int03.co.uk/crema/hardware/gamecube/gc-control.htm as a reference for constructing the bytes needed to communicate.

I spliced the GC extension cable and connected only the data line to the Arduino pin and used a pull-up resistor setup with a 10K ohm resistor. My original expectation was that SSB4 would recognize the bytes sent from the Arduino to the GC adapter; however, the GC adapter did not light up like it usually did and nothing happened in SSB4.

I'm at a loss since it wouldn't make sense to connect any of the other parts of the GC extension cable to the Arduino since the Arduino already has its power supply from my PC. The only thing needed is data, but the adapter is not recognizing a controller.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My guess is that the power line also acts as an indicator that a controller is connected. If no controller is connected, the game won't be expecting any input from it. maybe the mysterious pin 5 does drm? I find it suspicious that the pin guide lists three different grounds.

Is the GameCube sending the 24-bit string your guide mentioned?

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Bgeo25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that the power line also acts as an indicator that a controller is connected. If no controller is connected, the game won't be expecting any input from it. maybe the mysterious pin 5 does drm? I find it suspicious that the pin guide lists three different grounds.

Is the GameCube sending the 24-bit string your guide mentioned?

Although I can't test it at the moment, I'll have to make a setup with AnalogRead to detect if that 24-bit string is being sent to the Arduino via the data line, and I'll report what happens.

As for the power lines, it's a matter of the power going in one direction (GameCube to controller) or both directions. I have tried connecting the 5V line and 3.3V line to the 5V/3.3V pins of the Arduino, and still nothing happened. I was thinking that maybe that caused voltage from the Arduino and voltage coming the console to converge.. any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1