Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated from 532 to 551 a few days ago.
an hour ago I noticed a system update failed to download, did they actually release a new fw today?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated from 532 to 551 a few days ago.
an hour ago I saw a system update failed to download, did they actually release a new fw today?
And what did you see to make you believe that you have a failed system update? I'm assuming you're talking about the red x on the update icon? That doesn't mean you have a failed update. That means Tubehax is working

Reactions: Deleted User

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that lol, but I am on 551, so I assumed there was an update out beyond 551.

Last edited by ddrrmm,

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If they release it now, we can update to 5.5.1 and patiently wait for stable release. They can atleast show some proofs: photoshopped picture or 240p youtube video. But they show nothing. Just endless blah-blah-blah you should update.
I can take on trust words of yellow8 or smea, for example. But take on trust words of random people? Without proofs? No, thank you.
Without proof?! What about that video Wulfy posted?[emoji14]*boom*, roasted. :rofl:

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that lol, but I am on 551, so I assumed there was an update out beyond 551.

It's a version_check file that the system will constantly try to pull from the update servers even on the latest version. It's normal behavior when you have properly blocked the update servers.

Reactions: ddrrmm

soulbwoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what did you see to make you believe that you have a failed system update? I'm assuming you're talking about the red x on the update icon? That doesn't mean you have a failed update. That means Tubehax is working

I currently don't have any hacks running on my wii U, Is disabling automatic updates in the wii u settings enough to keep from updating my firmware? Can nintendo force an update anyway?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently don't have any hacks running on my wii U, Is disabling automatic updates in the wii u settings enough to keep from updating my firmware? Can nintendo force an update anyway?
No that's not enough. You need to enable Tubehax

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even then that's not enough, all the safety measures we've enacted could all fail should Nintendo push out an update from a different address. Dunno how viable that is, but still.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Is there a difference between 5.5.0 and 5.5.1?

People always said there was no difference!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even then that's not enough, all the safety measures we've enacted could all fail should Nintendo push out an update from a different address. Dunno how viable that is, but still.

It's not viable until Nintendo pushes out an update to tell the WiiU to look to the new update servers. They could put in a DNS pointer to a new domain from the old domain, but since you're blocking the initial domain that the new domain would point to, there's no way for your WiiU to know to look at the new server without an update telling it to do so.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
been playing online with tubehax disabled for the past few weeks
tubehax is useless, there's no way your console will update itself without your consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3