Hacking Mathew_Wi said: Update to 5.5.1 while you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
just curious
does this "IOSU exploit" use something that is exclusive to FW 5.5.1? or there's still possibility to be backported to earlier FWs?

just to be clear, I'm only asking if there's any rumors related to this floating around the forum

Last edited by Garou,
Reactions: jpseek

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated my Wii U to 5.5.1, with so many trusted members/devs saying that, I went ahead and updated it, now I can play XCX and Tokyo Mirage sessions :3..

And please, people, don't overhype these things. It tends to hurt the most when some setback happens and stuffs doesn't get released..

Reactions: peteruk

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did someone beat me to it? I tend not to read all post.
Just a joke, I just updated without thinking this.
I think you need a special version to update system titles, but yes, theoretically you should be able to update to 5.5.1 with WUPinstaller assuming you're already on an exploitable FW

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been on 5.5.1, no big deal, sticking there. But I'm curious what will this IOSU exploit be able to do that we can't already do. Will we be able to install actual channels like a homebrew channel, emulators, etc. without having to run an exploit online every time?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
So I've been on 5.5.1, no big deal, sticking there. But I'm curious what will this IOSU update be able to do that we can't already do. Will we be able to install actual channels like a homebrew channel, emulators, etc. without having to run an exploit online every time?
If we control IOSU, we can install apps on the HOME menu and access the USB storage for example.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you always update via WUPInstaller if need be?

I think you need a special version to update system titles, but yes, theoretically you should be able to update to 5.5.1 with WUPinstaller assuming you're already on an exploitable FW
Since when can you update with WUPInstaller? From what I understand, you can spoof your firmware with WUPInstaller, but that's about it. I could be wrong, though.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when can you update with WUPInstaller? From what I understand, you can spoof your firmware with WUPInstaller, but that's about it. I could be wrong, though.
The spoof is the system version title which has been whitelisted for the purposes of spoofing

There is a special version of WUPinstaller that has no whitelist and can update any title

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ope, I see what you were saying. You did the update, then were like where were you 5 minutes ago regarding what you did.

D

Deleted User

Possible Timeline Prediction:

1- IOSU exploit gets released.
2- Loadiine adds online play. (Probably the whole mechanism of Loadiine loading the game will differ, it might change from injecting into Mii Maker/SBB to genuinely loading the ROM into RAM)
3- People enjoy Loadiine's online play (Maybe forever or maybe for some time (See number 4).)
4- Nintendo adds piracy detection to check whether the player has actually bought the game or not (Through his Nintendo ID or system MAC Address/HW ID.)
5- To solve this, hackers might have 2 choices:
a)Spoof Nintendo ID to another ID with the game purchased.
b)Hackers would build their own dedicated server for the game by sniffing TCP/UDP packets and pirates would play on non-official servers (Requires too much time and patience, especially that the Wii U's days are numbered.)
6- Nintendo NX gets released and Nintendo Wii U dies with its scene :nayps3:.

Reactions: Deleted User

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The spoof is the system version title which has been whitelisted for the purposes of spoofing

There is a special version of WUPinstaller that has no whitelist and can update any title
Oh, I remember that. But do you know why the regular WUPInstaller only lets you install certain titles? Because anything else will likely brick your Wii U.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I remember that. But do you know why the regular WUPInstaller only lets you install certain titles? Because anything else will likely brick your Wii U.
I don't want to find out lol
But it's mostly to protect people who don't know what they're doing. Which likely includes me.

I think in theory, if you have the right files and give it the time it needs to fully perform the update, it should be ok. Again, just in theory

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to find out lol
But it's mostly to protect people who don't know what they're doing. Which likely includes me.

I think in theory, if you have the right files and give it the time it needs to fully perform the update, it should be ok. Again, just in theory
I'm warning you, that is a bad idea. There's a reason Cyan locked the "special" WUPInstaller release thread and wrote a warning in the OP.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So sorry for this question being asked over and over.

But does Loadiine really still work with 5.5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning