Homebrew Masher's Homebrew Launcher Mod Custom Themes Thread

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little critique.

I think the sound effects and music should be louder, and the boot sound should be changed. The actual music needs to be a bit higher quality, too.

Personally, I'd love having Aqua singing rather than the current thing.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am the original theme author and not Multinize here. Neither you nor @mutinize had permission to modify my theme. I would have liked if you asked first before doing so.
Sorry, I mentioned in both posts that I was not the original author. I will continue modifying for my personal use but will refrain from posting downloads without your permission.

edit: I changed the new theme to the black pallet. Let me know if I may upload, otherwise it will remain for my own.

CPwWXI6.png

Last edited by mutinize,

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little critique.

I think the sound effects and music should be louder, and the boot sound should be changed. The actual music needs to be a bit higher quality, too.

Personally, I'd love having Aqua singing rather than the current thing.
I'm almost positive every sound/song I'm using was ripped from the sound files of the game itself, not recorded. So I'm not sure if that's possible also considering that the sample rate has to be lowered to a specific rate. I don't know much about sound but that might be it. As for the loudness I think I'm going to include several alternate volume ones, that way I'm happy with the quiet sounds, and people who like it louder can have it without much effort. Regarding my music choice, they're what I wanted, since I made the theme for myself. The title music was also very easy to clip and loop. I'm not good with audio editing at all, but I'll try my hand at a clip of Aqua singing.

Reactions: Reserved

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Launcher Black V3 is here! Same stuff from the white version, but black :P
I've decided to not allow modifications of my themes for now, it took a lot of time for me to make these and I don't want to hack away at what I made.​

Looks fantastic, keep up the good work. I'm going to second the whole not messing with my theme. At least for now, since I'm not done with it, and someone messing with it would probably make me not want to finish it. As for my theme itself...​
I haven't got around to updating it. I'm doing lots of other things at once (FE theme, GM:S experimenting, playing Undertale, etc. Along with working a ton). I'll try to do it tonight. After that I'm going to start working on a second one. Either Cave Story... or another game of equal awesomeness. After that I might do another FE one, not based on the titlescreen, but perhaps some official/box art.

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Home Menu one?

Is this a 3DS service? :P Like AM:U?
I meant another homebrew one, but hey if there's a desire for one, I can do one soon™ish. Maybe within a week if it doesn't be mean to me :v
GM:S = Game Maker Studio. I wish I knew 3DS hardware service tomfoolery. But I don't. Once things like HCGE and cpp3ds become more stable and easy to use, I plan on making some simple games. Maybe try to port a game. I have a little programming experience. I can handle things such as GML, HTML, CSS, but I lack the knowledge on how to program from scratch with C++ and working with hackery hardware stuff on the 3DS. I really wish I did though.

EDIT: I updated my FEif theme. (v.0.4) (v.0.5)
>Fixed the cart bg. Colors might not be final.
>Added a louder set of menu sounds in the folder %THEME_DIR%/Sounds/Louder/
Simply overwrite the .bins in the theme's main directory to get louder sounds. :vz
EDIT 2: Fixed download links... xD

Last edited by XavyrrVaati,

George35000vr

hippity hoppity get off my property
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just updated my New Launcher theme to support the latest version of Grid Launcher. Here's what is new in this version:
  • Added the official 3DS background music. The music loops perfectly so there shouldn't be any awkward clipping or skips.
  • Added the official 3DS sound effects for moving the cursor and selecting items.
  • Added icons for tools, no more static images.
  • Added splash screen
  • Theme icons to distinguish between the 2 and 3 row version easily
  • cartridge icons
5hgWo9y.png

Before I go any further, I have something to say. This theme is something that I do on my free time (which I don't have much of). The theme isn't just a copy and paste of the default theme, every single thing has to be replicated manually for it to look good on Grid Launcher. It's rather discouraging seeing that my hours (yes hours) of image editing, sound recording, and other work be modified without my consent. The work put into this is far greater than what most people would do and I would appreciate it if people would ask for my consent before modifying my themes. Don't tell me you've put a lot of effort into editing my themes because that's nothing compared to what I did.

Alright I'm done with my rant. I've also made some templates for folders to match with this theme. Just open the PSD found in the zip file of this download in photoshop, and just simply edit the letter to what you want. You will need the Roboto font family to edit the letter. If someone wants to make a .smdh file for every single letter of the alphabet, go ahead. Just make sure to give credit where it is due.

rbcLPit.png

I'll update the other color variations as soon as possible. Updating them to the latest version of Grid Launcher will take a very long time since so much as changed.

Download link (the theme is too big now to upload to GBAtemp)

There's no PSD for the Letters :X

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
New Launcher Black V3 is here! Same stuff from the white version, but black :P

2 and 3 row versions included
ieQqLbc.png

I've decided to not allow modifications of my themes for now, it took a lot of time for me to make these and I don't want to hack away at what I made.

Download here
Great :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

check again, it's in the folder. Make sure you're looking inside the drive folder and not the zip.
No PSD file in the folder :(

5a7843991815760fcd83f7880c69072d.png

Last edited by chronoss,

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: chronoss

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my FEif theme. (v.0.4) (v.0.5)
>Fixed the cart bg. Colors might not be final.
>Added a louder set of menu sounds in the folder %THEME_DIR%/Sounds/Louder/
Simply overwrite the .bins in the theme's main directory to get louder sounds. :v

Nice theme. Maybe we should have collaboration for one awesome theme? :)

Reactions: XavyrrVaati

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto