Hacking Mario Party 9 + WiiGSC = Bannerbrick ?

M tha MaN

OP
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, sorry, forgot to mention it.

But you can make a WAD from the NTSC Game and if the brylt is the same (the animation in the Disc Channel) it might work if you just change the brylt (copy the one from the PAL WAD into the NTSC WAD).

If you try this, be sure to have a proper Brick protection, since it's just guess and i don't know if it works.

Kurczij

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have to be sorry ;)

I have a proper brick protection (bootmii in boot2) and I never thought that MP9 would be one of those games.

Disc ID is SSQP01

Edit:

wilsoff (you are awesome, thanks mate) modded the WAD for me and now it works.

Here's the WAD if someone want's it:

---> http://www.mediafire...33kz5ku5u51ffp2

Thanks for the wad M tha MaN! Is there any chance that you could upload a similar file for usb loader gx, or know of a way I can edit this wad?

M tha MaN

OP
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hi.

I think you can create a WAD for the GX and than just change the dol (extract the *.dol from your GX WAD and than put it into mine (for the CFG)) or just extract the brylt's from my one and replace the ones in your GX WAD.

It's not much work doing that. If I were you, I would just change the brylt ;)

If you have the PAL Game (Disc ID is SSQP01) than I can make you a WAD (it's just work of one minute) but you will have to test it (since I honestly am too lazy to download the GX Loader, put it on my SD-Card and test the wad), so be sure to have a brick protection ;)

Kurczij

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I have the PAL game, woud you mind creating the Wad for me? I am more than happy to test it and I have brick protection too.

Thanks, I realy appreciate the help! :)

Kurczij

Trophies
XP
Country
Really? I'm a brit and I do own the game, I just don't know how to create the channel without it freezing.

But fair enough if it is illegal, i'll give modifying M tha MaN's Wad a go, don't wanna get in trouble now. :)

Kurczij

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I think you can create a WAD for the GX and than just change the dol (extract the *.dol from your GX WAD and than put it into mine (for the CFG)) or just extract the brylt's from my one and replace the ones in your GX WAD.

It's not much work doing that. If I were you, I would just change the brylt ;)

If you have the PAL Game (Disc ID is SSQP01) than I can make you a WAD (it's just work of one minute) but you will have to test it (since I honestly am too lazy to download the GX Loader, put it on my SD-Card and test the wad), so be sure to have a brick protection ;)

Thanks M tha MaN! No need to create the Wad for me anymore! I tried replacing the .brlyt files in the usb loader gx wad as you suggested using customise mii, and it worked perfectly!

Thanks again! :)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know if this is needed, but after my dump, i could not find the cover for this game.. so i made my own.
the only cover not in the zip is 3d cover. you can rename the covers to work for your loader.
http://www.mediafire.com/?678ip8k777w3l02

not worth starting a new post for these, so put them here for people to get them.

Travis B

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm sorry to post on an older thread, but this thread replicates my problem perfectly, so I think creating another thread would be wasteful.

I was unable to run a Loadstructor created WAD for Mario Party 9 because of the Banner Brick, so I used WilsonFaboziManjador's link for the NTSC version of the "modified" WAD of Mario Party 9. It installs just fine on my Wii running 4.2U, and no freezes! However, when I try to play the game from the WAD, it says that it's searching for my USB drive, yet it's plugged in, and all of my other games on the drive load without issue!

Could somebody fill me in on what I am doing wrong? I have Googled for hours, and couldn't find anything that would help me. I tried using CustomizeMii to modify the USB Loader GX WAD and Mario Party 9 WAD as M Tha Man and Kurczij spoke of, yet it still doesn't work.

I know that my backup is good, because it plays on the USB loader without fail. Please help me out here? I'm going crazy, pulling my hair out over this!
If you need more information, I'd be happy to provide it.

Update 8/29: Nevermind. I finally figured it out! I'll post what I did for anybody else having issues with the NTSC modded WAD posted by WilsonFaboziManjador for Mario Party 9 not booting the game from USB:
- I used Loadstructor to create a WAD for my WBFS file for Mario Party 9.
- Then I opened that WAD in CustomizeWii, and extracted the DOL from said WAD.
- Then I opened WilsonFaboziManjador's WAD in CustomizeMii, and put my original DOL into the new WAD, and created my own new WAD.
- Then installed that WAD on my Wii, and it worked perfectly!

Shrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The steps above do work except Loadstructor doesn't do FAT32.

Here's how I managed a proper channel that is identical to my others.

Download the WAD from WilsonFaboziManjador (Mario Party 9 Mod - USQP - SSQP01.wad)
Open it in CustomizeMii
Click on the Options tab, then Extract, Layout & Animation, brlyt's
Save these to a temp directory
Create your WAD as normal (I used Crap 3.3b with Configurable forwarder (no intro))
Open the newly created WAD in CustomizeMii
Click on the Layout tab
Click on each of the brlyt files and replace them with the ones you extracted
Click Create WAD

Install the WAD as normal. It should boot fine. I would highly recommend having brick protection before messing with this.

Have fun!

Jinx_Dojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of 2014/09/14, WilsonFaboziManj's version is no longer available (dead link). For some reason I still wanted this channel on my USA Wii, so I had to use "M tha MaN"'s WAD and follow steps similar to above to use CustomizeMii to make a new version that loads "SSQE01" (USA version) via WiiFlow.

I flipped things around and instead extracted the working DOL from the WiiGSC/Crap version, and inserted it into "M tha MaN"'s WAD (which has a working banner). The result was this--a working forwarder channel for Mario Party 9 (USA "SSQE01") using WiiFlow.

I hope this saves someone the time/trouble that I spent. Please note that this was tested and found working on a USA Wii with System Menu v4.2; I take no responsibility for your use/misuse of the above file.

alan7593

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone coming upon this later and would like to have a Mario Party 9 USA forwarder WAD, here is what I did:
  • Open the modded PAL WAD shared earlier (my account is too new to share links; see #20 in this thread) with CustomizeMii and extract the icon.brlyt file. Close CustomizeMii.
  • Install WiiGSC. Configure to use the local block list. Edit BlockedGames.xml in the Program Files folder to remove the Mario Party 9 references. Restart app.
  • Create a forwarder channel for Mario Party 9 as you would for any other game
  • Open the newly-created WAD in CustomizeMii. Replace the icon.brlyt with the one extracted earlier. Save WAD.
By replacing the icon.brlyt, the banner is less complex and you should not have a banner brick. That said, certainly take precautions (BootMii, Priiloader, etc) in case something isn't saved properly. This is what Shrim suggested in #35, but I found that only the icon.brlyt file is necessary to change. I used CustomizeMii to extract all of the brlyt, brlan, and tpl files from both the M the MaN's PAL WAD and the one WiiGSC generates, converted the brlyt and brlan files to XML with benzin, and diffed each file to whittle it down to just the one. From looking at the XML itself, the animation is far less complicated on the mod by wilsoff. You can observe this by comparing the icon in the Wii system menu after installing the edited WAD versus the banner in USB Loader GX.

I've attached the extracted icon.brlyt file and the converted icon.xmlyt file from the PAL WAD. Hopefully this helps!

Attachments

• icon.xmlyt.zip
    2 KB · Views: 261
  • icon.brlyt.zip
    576 bytes · Views: 454

CannedSoySauce

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone coming upon this later and would like to have a Mario Party 9 USA forwarder WAD, here is what I did:
  • Open the modded PAL WAD shared earlier (my account is too new to share links; see #20 in this thread) with CustomizeMii and extract the icon.brlyt file. Close CustomizeMii.
  • Install WiiGSC. Configure to use the local block list. Edit BlockedGames.xml in the Program Files folder to remove the Mario Party 9 references. Restart app.
  • Create a forwarder channel for Mario Party 9 as you would for any other game
  • Open the newly-created WAD in CustomizeMii. Replace the icon.brlyt with the one extracted earlier. Save WAD.
By replacing the icon.brlyt, the banner is less complex and you should not have a banner brick. That said, certainly take precautions (BootMii, Priiloader, etc) in case something isn't saved properly. This is what Shrim suggested in #35, but I found that only the icon.brlyt file is necessary to change. I used CustomizeMii to extract all of the brlyt, brlan, and tpl files from both the M the MaN's PAL WAD and the one WiiGSC generates, converted the brlyt and brlan files to XML with benzin, and diffed each file to whittle it down to just the one. From looking at the XML itself, the animation is far less complicated on the mod by wilsoff. You can observe this by comparing the icon in the Wii system menu after installing the edited WAD versus the banner in USB Loader GX.

I've attached the extracted icon.brlyt file and the converted icon.xmlyt file from the PAL WAD. Hopefully this helps!
I know this is an old post but this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks Buddy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto