XP
Country
United States
Unlock all Sparkle cards
Data is saved to the amiibo, not the game's save
Supported amiibo: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Bowser
Cards can only be used in battle if the amiibo is registered on the same system

1. Register your amiibo in the game and create a card set
2. Dump the .bin file using your preferred tool (I used the Amiiqo/N2 Elite with the android app)
3. Download amiitool from https://github.com/socram8888/amiitool/releases
4. Get the key_retail.bin file from the internet
5. Decrypt your .bin file from command line (example filename: Mario.bin)
amiitool.exe -d -k key_retail.bin -i Mario.bin -o Mario_decrypted.bin
6. Open the decrypted file with a hex editor such as HxDen
Go to offset F0 (CTRL+G) and change the following 7 bytes to FF (so from 0xF0 to 0xF6 it should be FF FF FF FF FF FF FF)
Save (example filename: Mario_SparkleUnlock_decrypted.bin)
7. Encrypt
amiitool.exe -e -k key_retail.bin -i Mario_SparkleUnlock_decrypted.bin -o Mario_SparkleUnlock.bin
8. Write the encrypted bin file back to the amiibo using your preferred tool
9. Enjoy in game

You may also be able to use the hex editor at http://amiibo.vgmoz.com/hex but it only accepts 540 byte dumps, so trim if necessary.

On linux you can do as follows:
#Compile amiitool
git clone https://github.com/socram8888/amiitool.git
cd amiitool
git submodule update --init --recursive
make PWD=$(pwd) && sudo make install PWD=$(pwd)

#example file: SM-Bowser-PaperJam-CardAll.bin
amiitool -d -k key_retail.bin -i SM-Bowser-PaperJam-CardAll.bin -o SM-Bowser-PaperJam-CardAll_dec.bin
printf '\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff' | dd of=SM-Bowser-PaperJam-CardAll_dec.bin bs=1 seek=$((0xf0)) count=7 conv=notrunc
#check resulting file in hex editor
xxd SM-Bowser-PaperJam-CardAll_dec.bin
amiitool -e -k key_retail.bin -i SM-Bowser-PaperJam-CardAll_dec.bin -o SM-Bowser-PaperJam-SparkleAll.bin

Tested on all 6 characters and it worked.
Feel free to ask any questions or report errors.

Last edited by Bangaio,

EdwardHicksVI

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry if this is a novice question, but I have downloaded the file and attempted to open the exe file as an executable, but it won't work. When I click on it, it just shows the breif glimpse of a command box and then disappears. What do I need to do to get this working? Also, you say get the key_retail.bin from the internet. Is this different from the amiibo bin I am scanning from my own amiibo? Please help, I have been trying for a while now to get this to work and do not understand.

EdwardHicksVI

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry if this is a novice question, but I have downloaded the file and attempted to open the exe file as an executable, but it won't work. When I click on it, it just shows the breif glimpse of a command box and then disappears. What do I need to do to get this working? Also, you say get the key_retail.bin from the internet. Is this different from the amiibo bin I am scanning from my own amiibo? Please help, I have been trying for a while now to get this to work and do not understand.

Follow up! I figured out that the executable needs to be run through the command prompt IN the command window! Now I just need to workout where to put the amiibo bin for it to target it for decryption!

EdwardHicksVI

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow up! I figured out that the executable needs to be run through the command prompt IN the command window! Now I just need to workout where to put the amiibo bin for it to target it for decryption!

UPDATE UPDATE: Nevermind! I figured it out. Get teh key_retail.bin by some careful google-fu and or rewriting a previous .bin file with a hex editor (copy and paste), then run the commands as he has written them above, but you have to designate the entire directory path for each bin file. So the command for me turned out to be:

C:\Users\(username here)>Downloads\amiitool-win64\amiitool.exe -d -k C:\Users\(username here)\Downloads\amiitool-win64\retail.bin -i C:\Users\(username here)\Downloads\amiitool-win64\luigi.bin -o C:\Users\(username here)\Downloads\amiitool-win64\luigi_decrypted.bin

Used HxD as my hex editor. Hope this helps future peoples! Thanks for the program!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-