• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heraymo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i use a amiiqo-usb-to-nfc-readerwriter/ to actually write to my NFC tags or do i have to get the
Amiiqo also i rather just get the reader/writer if that would work and not get the amiiqo.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I used a Tagmo SSB Link in Breath of the Wild, it spawns Epona every single time I scan it instead of spawning different loot. Does anyone know why that might be and what, if anything, I can do to change it?

I think you might have to save Epona to the stable first. Then it wont show up anymore. That's what happened for me and I saved Epona and she didn't show up anymore when I would scan the amiibo tag.

zdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I believe chromebooks now have NFC and can install android apps in developer mode, do you think I'd be able to use mine by installing Tagmo? Or is there something specific about android phones?

Reactions: GraFfiX420

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I believe chromebooks now have NFC and can install android apps in developer mode, do you think I'd be able to use mine by installing Tagmo? Or is there something specific about android phones?
I don't think that will work, since the Laptop most likely won't have all the dependencies required to run TagMo. But I could be wrong.

I would just try it, and see if it works.

I wonder if the Laptop is emulating Android, or actually has a partition for running the Android Framework.

I am getting the N2Elite soon, so I can flash Amiibos to the N2Elite over and over again without wasting and buying more blank NTAG215 NFC tags. I just need the NTAG Emulation device that it comes with, because I have my Galaxy S6 that I can use to flash the Amiibo files to the device.

I think the N2Elite will save me a bit of money in the long run, since I don't have to keep buying and pay shipping costs for the blank NTAG215 tags. And the price of the N2Elite is very reasonable, and has all the features you will ever need.

You should check it out.

zdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that will work, since the Laptop most likely won't have all the dependencies required to run TagMo. But I could be wrong.

I would just try it, and see if it works.

I wonder if the Laptop is emulating Android, or actually has a partition for running the Android Framework.

I am getting the N2Elite soon, so I can flash Amiibos to the N2Elite over and over again without wasting and buying more blank NTAG215 NFC tags. I just need the NTAG Emulation device that it comes with, because I have my Galaxy S6 that I can use to flash the Amiibo files to the device.

I think the N2Elite will save me a bit of money in the long run, since I don't have to keep buying and pay shipping costs for the blank NTAG215 tags. And the price of the N2Elite is very reasonable, and has all the features you will ever need.

You should check it out.
well I do happen to have a 2-in-1 that folds into a tablet, but yeah it's probably finicky since the play store is still in beta, let alone installing a .apk from an outside source. I was considering the N2Elite, but I could get a powersaves amiibo for $25. It's a bit annoying that it only holds one at a time, but I feel like for saving about $55 it's worth it.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I do happen to have a 2-in-1 that folds into a tablet, but yeah it's probably finicky since the play store is still in beta, let alone installing a .apk from an outside source. I was considering the N2Elite, but I could get a powersaves amiibo for $25. It's a bit annoying that it only holds one at a time, but I feel like for saving about $55 it's worth it.
Oh yeah, if you don't mind reflashing the Amiibo files every now and then, you should be fine.

Actually, I am pretty sure you can buy the N2Elite NTAG Emulator module separate, so if you have an NFC android device, you don't have to spend all that money on the NFC device and the NTAG Emulation device.

I think the NTAG Emulator module is about $52 (USD). Which isn't bad at all, and I think you can still use the N2 app for it.

At first the $52 is a little pricey. But in the long run it will pay for itself. Because Amiibos range from about $12 up to about $40 each I think, and some Amiibos are even more I believe. And not to mention buying the blank NTAG's. I'm in the USA, so it's very hard to find the NTAG215 in bulk for cheap. I found a set of 10 blanks for about $5 plus $7 for standard shipping.

So in my situation the N2Elite Emulation module would turn out to be cheaper in the long run.

But that's just my opinion. There are more options out there that may be better for other people too. Actually I think I remember reading about another Amiibo Emulation Device, that does the same thing as the N2Elite, but cheaper. I forget where I seen it though. I'll have to search around Google again.

zdw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, if you don't mind reflashing the Amiibo files every now and then, you should be fine.

Actually, I am pretty sure you can buy the N2Elite NTAG Emulator module separate, so if you have an NFC android device, you don't have to spend all that money on the NFC device and the NTAG Emulation device.

I think the NTAG Emulator module is about $52 (USD). Which isn't bad at all, and I think you can still use the N2 app for it.

At first the $52 is a little pricey. But in the long run it will pay for itself. Because Amiibos range from about $12 up to about $40 each I think, and some Amiibos are even more I believe. And not to mention buying the blank NTAG's. I'm in the USA, so it's very hard to find the NTAG215 in bulk for cheap. I found a set of 10 blanks for about $5 plus $7 for standard shipping.

So in my situation the N2Elite Emulation module would turn out to be cheaper in the long run.

But that's just my opinion. There are more options out there that may be better for other people too. Actually I think I remember reading about another Amiibo Emulation Device, that does the same thing as the N2Elite, but cheaper. I forget where I seen it though. I'll have to search around Google again.
Unfortunately I have an iPhone (it's a great phone otherwise), so that's why I was hoping the chromebook would work haha. Maybe later on I'll get a used android phone just for making tags.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I have an iPhone (it's a great phone otherwise), so that's why I was hoping the chromebook would work haha. Maybe later on I'll get a used android phone just for making tags.
Ohhh ok. Damn that sucks.

Yeah, NFC is so old, you could get a very cheap used old Android device some where. Maybe Craigslist? I don't know where to buy used phones online.

You could check the XDA-Developers forum. They always have a bunch of well trusted people on there selling old android devices for very cheap. Because the Indy devs on there are always buying used phones to test things on other devices and then they sell the phones after there finished. The devs always have a bunch of android devices they are selling, that they just have laying around. You could create a post in the buy and sell section and see if anyone is selling a working dirt cheap android device with NFC.

Just make sure you check their reputation and their profile before you buy anything from the person. Just to make sure they have a good reputation in the Buy and Sell section.

centurionnyc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complete noob here in regards to NFC reading/writing but I am very interested in messing with amiibo tags to create some custom cards. I do NOT however have or have access to a compatible mobile phone to use the NFC capabilities. Can someone confirm if a usb writer would be able to write amiibo data to ntag215 stickers or cards? Specifically would a windows ACR122U or ACR1252U USB read/writer work to make this happen (any other suggestions on a device)? Lastly do you need anything other than a writing device/nfc tags to successfully create amiibo tags?

Were you able to figure out a way of doing this without an Android phone? I was also looking at the ACR122U.

Pexkool

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, everybody.

I've been lurking in this forum for some months now, and I have to thank you for being so helpful (directly and indirectly).

I have been working in a way to program the NTAG215 using an ACR122U reader in Windows.

I'm excited to announce that I MIGHT have come up with something that works.

I will write some tags and test them out tonight at home.

Wish me luck.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having issues installing TagMo from the latest releases on a stock/unrooted Samsung Galaxy S7? Every time I try I get a bullshit message saying the TagMo.2.6.1.apk is corrupted, which I know it's not.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you try installing the APK using the adb developer bridge (adb install myapp.apk)?
No, I'm at work with no computer handy. I guess I'll try that when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh real quick... Is there a debug switch to add to that command so I can see where it goes wrong if it fails to install?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm at work with no computer handy. I guess I'll try that when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh real quick... Is there a debug switch to add to that command so I can see where it goes wrong if it fails to install?
It should give you the error code (if there is one). Afaik you don't need any debug/verbose arguments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr