ROM Hack Mario Kart Zero

gabriel1073

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Will the mssions also be modified? I sure hope so, Mario Kart 's Missions are awesome but gets boring to do the same thing after the 3 stars

Dirbaio

Trophies
Website
dirbaio.net
XP
Country
Asking for donations for a ROM hack? There was a similar discussion on another ROM hack in here that doesn't deserve to be mentioned. Just sayin', it didn't end well.

Anyways, the hack looks quite good.
If only we could have a proper 3D Model importer instead of pirating Nintendo's ...

Dirbaio

Trophies
Website
dirbaio.net
XP
Country
No, I mean that the NDS hacking scene is using the official Nintendo tools for converting 3D models to the DS format. They were leaked from the official Nintendo SDK somewhere. (In fact, the whole SDK has been leaked).

Using that is kinda illegal, and kind of looses the point of ROM hacking. ROM hacking has always been about reverse-engineering the formats and the code to figure out things ourselves and develop our own tools, not just using Nintendo's tools.
Also it's a pain in the ass to use because it only works with reaally old versions of Maya and 3DS Max (two 3D editor programs).

We could very well code our own model converters that work with current file formats, but the 3D formats of the DS are quite complicated... And people lack the motivation to do it. Me too :(

Reactions: 1 person

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
But still, without these leaks, I bet we still couldn't find out how stuff work.
I understand it's illegal, the leaker is most likely sued, lost his contract with Nintendo, etc., but it did help the DS Hacking Community (years later).

Dirbaio

Trophies
Website
dirbaio.net
XP
Country
Well, it *is* possible to reverse-engineer stuff without official documentation or tools. It's just... harder.

For example, Treeki found out how the NSMB level format worked without any docs (there aren't any) and he started NSMBe.
But yea, the NSMB level format is way simpler than NSBMD, NSBTX & co.

:)

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
You can use Multiplayer and WiFi on hacked MKDS, as long as you both use exact same ROM.
If one doesn't have a hacked MKDS (or another hacked one), he or she will see you drive through walls, or even upon walls.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Actually, Texture Hacks are just a start.
True Custom Tracks have been made or ported already, but it's way harder to create these on MKDS, than on MKW.
Besides, MKW Hacking has also started out as Texture Hacks.

GolyBidoof

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you mention CTGP, I freaked out. But then I read and found out that this is just a texture hack. There are no new tracks. That's a terrible comparison to the CTGP.
Are you sure? :3

Anyway, I'm writing here to announce that Beta 5 gets release this weekend! Some preview of what you can see there:

(No, GBABC1 no.)

Hope you enjoy!

GolyBidoof

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like your hack :) Hopefully you are going to make many own tracks, too :D
Well, so you can enjoy it even more, with Beta 6, which fixed all bugs caused by Beta 5, and lots of other stuff! :>
Some vids:

Download it from first page! :>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1