Hacking Mario Kart 8 Modding Central

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to replace a texture, you have to put it on cafiine_root OK Ex: You modify Mario clothe
But i want modify a few files in the same carácter, i want replace Waluigi´s face, and i think that if i modify normal face i have to modify face when its angry happy... so how i get only a Waluigi.szs with all changes in it? Someone understand me? xDD
@lonemoonHD

The Koopa Kingdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to replace a texture, you have to put it on cafiine_root OK Ex: You modify Mario clothe
But i want modify a few files in the same carácter, i want replace Waluigi´s face, and i think that if i modify normal face i have to modify face when its angry happy... so how i get only a Waluigi.szs with all changes in it? Someone understand me? xDD
@lonemoonHD
I don't understand what you mean when you say when Waluigi's face gets angry/happy, but everything you need should be in Waluigi.szs.

Because of the way this works, even if you only change one file, you still have to repack and host the whole SZS.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand what you mean when you say when Waluigi's face gets angry/happy, but everything you need should be in Waluigi.szs.

Because of the way this works, even if you only change one file, you still have to repack and host the whole SZS.
there are some faces (or images) in Waluigi.szs: The normal (when you are chosing character) "angry" (when someone hit you with a banana, Shell...), "happy" (when someone is hit with a object you throw, ex: if you throw a banana and someone "touch" it, your character use the "happy" face
So i cant use more that one modify image in the same character?

The Koopa Kingdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are some faces (or images) in Waluigi.szs: The normal (when you are chosing character) "angry" (when someone hit you with a banana, Shell...), "happy" (when someone is hit with a object you throw, ex: if you throw a banana and someone "touch" it, your character use the "happy" face
So i cant use more that one modify image in the same character?
No, you can modify as many as you want.
- Modify DDS image
- Copy DDS and GTX files to same directory as .bfres
- Pack the modified dds into the .bfres with hax.py
And repeat for every DDS file you modify.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
No, you can modify as many as you want.
- Modify DDS image
- Copy DDS and GTX files to same directory as .bfres
- Pack the modified dds into the .bfres with hax.py
And repeat for every DDS file you modify.
But it will give me some Waluigi.szs and Wii U or Cafiine only load a Waluigi.szs no? And it will be Waluigi (1).szs...

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Looping Audio Converter can't reduce the volume of BRSTMs which I'd like to convert to BFSTM, right?
I think no, i Modify Electrodome music by a (strong and heavy) David Guetta´s song and it was very "slowly,smal" (i dont know how to say that i didn listen it)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone knows how to Modify .params files?

Damien4

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey is there anyway to change 2 player split screen to horizontal instead of the awful vertical... Drifting around corners is terrible as you can't see if the road is clear ahead from bananas etc
Thanks

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how much a track BYAML tutorial is welcome at all.

- You don't want lap cheats because it can be abused.
> You can basically remove any obstacles from BYAML so it's cheating too.
> When you do just a quick look into a track BYAML, you immediately see the number of laps. If you cannot see it, you're (in all honesty) blind as frick.

I understand cheat prevention. But it just confuses me for a wanted track BYAML tutorial.
In the end, most kinds of BYAML editing will result in cheating abuse. So what's the point?

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi