Hacking Question [Mariko] Use Atmosphère/Daybreak to downgrade ?

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
Hello,

My friend's Switch has been updated when he wasn't using it, and he did not have the time to make a NAND backup or create an emuNAND (I soldered his chip yesterday). The problem is he can't use SXOS since it hasn't been updated yet. I know his fuses have been burnt was wondering if we could boot Hekate/Atmosphère now that it's possible, and use either ChoiduJourNX or Daybreak to downgrade the system and then reboot and try to boot SXOS. If SXOS works like Hekate, will it bypass the original bootloader and, therefore, not check the fuses to boot ?

Thank you everyone !

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your friend is probably better off waiting for SX OS to be updated, ChoidujourNX can't be used on Sysnand, even though Daybreak been updated to support Mariko, Atmosphere for Mariko unit is not ready for public use.

Reactions: lordelan and KiiWii

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your friend is probably better off waiting for SX OS to be updated, ChoidujourNX can't be used on Sysnand, even though Daybreak been updated to support Mariko, Atmosphere for Mariko unit is not ready for public use.

Is there a risk if I try to make an emuNAND of his actual NAND and try to use either CDJ or Daybreak on it ?

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Safe to use ChoidujourNX on emunand, Daybreak require Atmosphere as it use Atmosphere's API. Just wait for SX OS to be updated.

Thank you. Well if it was for me I would wait but my friend doesn't want to since he won't be able to use a pc for the next few weeks and wanted to have a working Switch...

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't downgrade a Mariko system, even if modchipped. I don't know if Daybreak even supports Mariko FW builds, nor if the SX Core can properly patch the bootloader to bypass the fuse checks.
The sxcore bypasses fuse checks.
Its defo confirmed since we saw a guy who couldn't genuine boot because he has extra fuses burnt for no reason
Cfw/ofw works fine

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't downgrade a Mariko system, even if modchipped. I don't know if Daybreak even supports Mariko FW builds, nor if the SX Core can properly patch the bootloader to bypass the fuse checks.
Daybreak properly supports Mariko.
(Both Erista and Mariko run the exact same firmwares, just a different bct and package1 get flash. Daybreak supports flashing Mariko bct/pk11 on Mariko devices)
Running Atmosphere on Mariko is problematic currently, however.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also fuses don’t matter here at all, assuming OP is downgrading from 11.0.1 to 11.0.0 (going any lower would be pointless)

Reactions: HollowGrams

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Daybreak properly supports Mariko.
(Both Erista and Mariko run the exact same firmwares, just a different bct and package1 get flash. Daybreak supports flashing Mariko bct/pk11 on Mariko devices)
Running Atmosphere on Mariko is problematic currently, however.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also fuses don’t matter here at all, assuming OP is downgrading from 11.0.1 to 11.0.0 (going any lower would be pointless)

So you think I should give it a try ?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Safe to use ChoidujourNX on emunand, Daybreak require Atmosphere as it use Atmosphere's API. Just wait for SX OS to be updated.

With ChoidujourNX you can downgrade the emmunand right? I personally never used Daybreak I have to update my switches to firmware 11.0.0 but idk if the other homebrew works on it.

@dotmehdi
like others said just wait for SXOS to update the latest FW. But my question you mentioned he didn't have an emmunand or nand backup when they do make the update I highly advise you to do a NAND backup and create an emmunand.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With ChoidujourNX you can downgrade the emmunand right? I personally never used Daybreak I have to update my switches to firmware 11.0.0 but idk if the other homebrew works on it.

@dotmehdi
like others said just wait for SXOS to update the latest FW. But my question you mentioned he didn't have an emmunand or nand backup when they do make the update I highly advise you to do a NAND backup and create an emmunand.

ChoidujourNX work on emunand but keep in mind it shouldn't be used like a downgrader, since it is emunand it is not much of a risk. At the time of 11.0.0 firmware release there are some homebrew that need to be updated to work on 11.0.0, the one use usb:ds api.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChoidujourNX work on emunand but keep in mind it shouldn't be used like a downgrader, since it is emunand it is not much of a risk. At the time of 11.0.0 firmware release there are some homebrew that need to be updated to work on 11.0.0, the one use usb:ds api.

Okay I understand I have SXOS and Atmosphere my firmware is kinda old my main thing was the homebrew ill just wait it out when all the bugs are clear.

dotmehdi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

@dotmehdi

Don't worry I always make backups when I hack my friend's Switch, but my friend did not want to wait for me to get chips and went to a store who offered that for 120€... The guy did not even activate SXOS.
The thing is, I'd like to give it a try, if no one has ever did that before, and I don't think CDJ or Daybreak could break the console...

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry I always make backups when I hack my friend's Switch, but my friend did not want to wait for me to get chips and went to a store who offered that for 120€... The guy did not even activate SXOS.
The thing is, I'd like to give it a try, if no one has ever did that before, and I don't think CDJ or Daybreak could break the console...

If it's not activated it should be good then. It's safe to wait for the official release if my games still work on 10.2.0 and 10.4.0 I'll just hold off I have to do some snooping around to see if PSNES and PFBA is working on 11.0.0 also with checkpoint and other things

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

You would be much better off using Daybreak to downgrade. Also Zachy knows what they are talking about. If you don't want to mod atmosphere just wait for now then do teh backup and downgrade with daybreak

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

My friend's Switch has been updated when he wasn't using it, and he did not have the time to make a NAND backup or create an emuNAND (I soldered his chip yesterday). The problem is he can't use SXOS since it hasn't been updated yet. I know his fuses have been burnt was wondering if we could boot Hekate/Atmosphère now that it's possible, and use either ChoiduJourNX or Daybreak to downgrade the system and then reboot and try to boot SXOS. If SXOS works like Hekate, will it bypass the original bootloader and, therefore, not check the fuses to boot ?

Thank you everyone !

The switch doesn't just "update when not using it." your friend hit the update button. The switch does automatically download updates in the background, but it doesn't install them unless you press update. He made a mistake and now should just be patient. If he had a NAND backup, I would say go for it, but if it doesn't work and the switch doesn't boot, he will be stuck buying another switch, and it's not like new SX updates take months, I'm sure it will be updated any time now. It's just not worth the risk. If he doesn't care about buying a new switch, then he should just buy a non modded one to play for a few days that he will have as a backup, or for online play, or to sell. If he goes this route, he will have a useless bricked switch and will have to get a new one, have it modded again, etc, etc.

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
How does it handle lite and regular switch differences then?

use choidujournx to upgrade or downgrade for emunand are both safe. but don't use it in sysnand because patched switch and mariko's can't ingore efuse which it means look like a brick.

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Hello,

Thank you everyone !
Why don't you just use time travel, it unburns fuses

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P