Manual System Transfer for Saves/Content

[Tutorial] "Manual System Transfer" for Saves/Content

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM! You proceed with this tutorial at your own peril!
PLEASE MAKE BACKUPS FOR EACH STEP AS YOU GO! This will make it easier to recover if some step fails/a mistake is made.
Unless you have a hard-mod for your console, it is HIGHLY recommended to attempt this tutorial on EmuNAND on the target system to avoid bricks.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

This tutorial will instruct you how to do a "Manual System Transfer" from one 3DSsystem to another 3DS system.
It is reversible back to the original system, but will invalidate content on the target system as a normal system transfer would.
Due to this fact, PLEASE BACKUP ANY SAVES YOU CARE ABOUT on the target system with SaveDataFiler/etc. before you proceed.
This method will ONLY transfer saves and give you the ability to install content on the target system.
This method will NOT move your NNID over to the target system/re-link it. This is a server-side thing and must be done by Nintendo.
This method should be especially useful for people with region-changed systems that want to move over saves for Mii Plaza/etc.
This tutorial is a HIGH LEVEL process. Many steps will not be completely spelled out, so if you don't understand a specific term/procedure, please consult the forums.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THIS TUTORIAL POSSIBLE!!! ^_^

Requirements:
Both the source and target systems must be on exploitable firmwares (for the purpose of this guide, this basically means <= 9.2 SysNAND FW)!
The method used to run unsigned code on the source system (for example Gateway, or a 4.5 CFW) must also be able to be run on the target system for full transfer.
Example: If you utilize a 4.5 exclusive CFW on your source system, you wouldn't be able to transfer with that onto a New 3DS as New 3DS systems cannot run 4.5 FW.

Note: I personally used this method between the 9.7 EmuNAND of an original 3DS system to a region-changed 9.5 EmuNAND New 3DS system.
I also utilized a Gateway card for running my transferred content on the target, New 3DS system. Other methods are possible, but again, they must be compatible between systems.
For optimal results, you will want to utilize firmwares on both systems in the same major version (for example, 9.x and 9.x on both systems).

Limitations:
This method will NOT transfer over your NNID from the source system to the target system as a legit system transfer would.
This method was mainly born from the issues stemming from region-changing a 3DS system and then wanting to transfer content to that system.
Personally, having done this method between my US O3DS and my originally JPN N3DS, my NNID was left on my O3DS and all my saves were copied to the N3DS.
From there I continue to make future purchases on the O3DS under my NNID and then manually install said purchases on the N3DS with Gateway.
Please note this part of the procedure is specific to my issues with not being able to system transfer from a US O3DS to a region-changed N3DS completely, but hopefully this tutorial will still be useful for you!

Let's get this show on the road!

A. Source System
1. Dump/extract your source NAND
  • On the source system, you will first need to dump the NAND you will be pulling your save data from (either SysNAND or EmuNAND).
  • This can be done either through something like the Gateway menu with a SysNAND backup or EmuNANDTool to extract your EmuNAND from your SD card.
2. Extract the Fat16 CTR partition from your source NAND backup
  • This can be done with a script such as Cearp's "3DSFAT16tool.py" python script.
3. Generate NAND XORPads for your source NAND
  • This can be done with a tool such as Decrypt9 (which runs through Ninjhax and is currently the only method to generate XORPads for the New 3DS).
4. Decrypt your NAND backup with the XORPads from the previous step
  • This can be done by simply xor-ing your extracted Fat16 CTR partition with your NAND XORPads (using something like the "XOR Tool" in 3DSExplorer).
5. Mount your decrypted NAND backup for editing
  • This can be done with a tool such as WinImage in Windows or directly as an ISO in Mac OSX.
6. Extract necessary files/saves from source NAND
  • The files you want to extract and are safe from your source NAND are as follows:
    • NAND://private/movable.sed - THIS IS THE MAIN FILE FOR THIS PROCESS! It is the file which identifies/is used to decrypt the saves from your source NAND/SD card.
    • NAND://dbs/ticket.db - This file will be used later to recover our purchased content for the target system.
    • NAND://data/<ID0>/extdata - You may extract and save all the subfolders in this folder (<ID0> will be a randomly generated number, matching the number of your save folder in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card).
    • NAND://data/<ID0>/sysdata - Extract and save ONLY the following folders! (For reference, these titles are for US systems and may vary by region - consult: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData for your region):
      • 000200bd - Miiverse
      • 0001000f - Unknown
      • 0002021b - Nintendo Zone
      • 0002021d - Face Raiders
      • 0002021e - AR Games
      • 00010011 - FS module (for Anti Savegame Restore games like Animal Crossing/PKMN/Smash)
      • 00010022 - Pedometer
      • 00010026 - Streetpass (active games)
      • 00010032 - Friends
      • 00010034 - Spotpass
      • 00010035 - News
      • 00020093 - Game Notes
      • 00020094 - Internet Browser
      • 00020096 - Friend List
      • 00020212 - Activity Log
      • 00020214 - Nintendo 3DS Camera
      • 00020215 - Nintendo 3DS Sound
      • 00020217 - Mii Maker
      • 00020218 - Mii Plaza
Note: These are the only saves I have tested to work and transfer safely. If you try to transfer saves for more system apps (such as NNID/config) I cannot guarantee success/positive results.
Further Note: I CAN confirm that if you transfer the app of something like Config from original 3DS to New 3DS, you will likely have weird results for screen display/etc. [DON'T TRY THIS!!!]

B. File Modification
1. Open your "movable.sed" file from the source system in you favored hex editor (such as "HxD").
2. Once open, you will want to remove the last 0x20 bytes from the file (actually shrinking the size of the file from 0x140 to 0x120).
3. At the beginning of the file, clear the 4 BYTES after the 'SEED' value (each byte should consist of two hex-based numbers, such as '00' or 'AF'; when clear, the value for that byte should show '00'/'.').
  • For example, the beginning of your file after modification should show '53 45 45 44 00 00 00 00' or "SEED...."
4. Save changes to your "movable.sed" file and close it (Recommend saving in a new copy of the file in case any mistakes are made!).
Note: Thanks to motezazer for the instructions on this step! ^_^ (This was the most important step of this process!)

Note: REMEMBER! THIS METHOD WILL INVALIDATE EXISTING CONTENT/SAVES ON THE TARGET SYSTEM! Please backup any important saves before proceeding!
C. Target System
1. Dump/extract your target NAND
  • On the target system, you will need to dump the NAND you will be injecting your save data to (either SysNAND or EmuNAND).
  • This can be done either through something like the Gateway menu with a SysNAND backup or EmuNANDTool to extract your EmuNAND from your SD card.
2. Extract the Fat16 CTR partition from your target NAND backup
  • This can be done with a script such as Cearp's "3DSFAT16tool.py" python script.
3. Generate NAND XORPads for your target NAND
  • This can be done with a tool such as Decrypt9 (which runs through Ninjhax and is currently the only public method to generate XORPads for the New 3DS).
  • This can be done by simply xor-ing your extracted Fat16 CTR partition with your NAND XORPads (using something like the "XOR Tool" in 3DSExplorer).
  • This can be done with a tool such as WinImage in Windows or directly as an ISO in Mac OSX.
6. Inject your MODIFIED "movable.sed" file to your target NAND
  • Simply copy your modified file and overwrite the existing "movable.sed" file.
7. Delete the contents of the of the NAND://data folder
  • This step is necessary to reinitilize the system with the new "movable.sed" file. Do NOT delete the "data" folder itself!
8. Re-encrypt your target NAND with XORPads
  • This can be done by simply xor-ing your extracted Fat16 CTR partition again.
9. Inject your modified Fat16 CTR partition into your target NAND
  • Use the injection function of a script such as "3DSFAT16tool.py", for example.
10. Flash/inject your modified target NAND to the target system
  • Using either a hardware restore method (Gateway menu/hard-mod) or software (EmuNANDTool for EmuNAND).
11. Boot into the target NAND
  • Let the system boot up to the start of the system setup procedure. Once you get to the system setup start screen, you may power off the system without going through the setup.
12. Extract your target NAND again
13. Extract your Fat16 CTR partition again
14. Decrypt your partition with XORPads again
15. Mount your decrypted partition for editing again
16. This time, inject your "extdata" and "sysdata" saves from the source system into the newly created folder under NAND://data/<ID0>
  • Overwrite any existing saves with your source system data.
17. Re-encrypt your target NAND with XORPads again
18. Inject your modified Fat16 CTR partition into your target NAND again
19. Flash/inject your modified target NAND to the target system again
Note: DO NOT POWER ON YOUR SYSTEM YET!

D. SD Card Content
*. Now that we have prepared and transferred the NAND content from the source system to the target system, we much now transfer our SD card content to get ALL our saves for system titles
1. From the source system, start by copying the following folders and their contents from the source SD card the target SD card:
  • SDMC://Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/backups
  • SDMC://Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata
Note: <ID1> won't match between source/target SD card folders, but <ID0> should match. This is normal.
2. Next, we will need to obtain any system application updates/DLC you had on your source system on the target system
  • This can be done utilizing your "ticket.db" from the source system and a script like "FunkyCIA2.py" (again by Cearp ^_^) to obtain the CIAs
  • For reference, the title IDs of the Mii Plaza update and DLC are:
    • 0004000e00021800 - Mii Plaza Update
    • 0004008c00021800 - Mii Plaza DLC
3. You may now insert your target SD card and boot up the target system
  • Once you have reached the home menu, install the CIAs obtained from the previous step using your favorite CIA management tool (I recommend FBI, by Steveice10 ^_^).
4. You may now run system apps and your save data should be intact and available!
  • If you had updated the Mii Plaza/purchased DLC and then tried run your transferred save without installing them in the target system, you would get an error saying your save is not on the correct version.
  • Note: The main limitation of this transfer method is we cannot yet locally transfer the tickets for purchased content from from one system's "ticket.db" file to another.
  • In a legit system transfer, the tickets are sent to Nintendo from the source console and then returned to the target console, rewritten with the console ID of the target system.
  • For this reason, we must utilize CIAs/unsigned installations for our purchased on content on the target system.

E. Remaining SD Card Content
*. Once you have achieved access to your system applications saves on the target system, you can proceed with installing and transferring the saves of your other purchased content
1. Obtain CIAs for your remaining purchased content
  • Utilize your ticket "ticket.db" from the source system again and something like "FunkyCIA2.py" to obtain CIAs of your purchased content.
2. Install CIAs on your target system
  • Utilize an installer such as FBI.
3. Once installed, copy your saves for the associated content from the source SD card to the target SD card
  • Locate the matching title ID and save file on the source SD card and copy it to the appropriate folder on the target SD card.
  • For example: On the source SD card, your save for Animal Crossing: New Leaf [US] (titleID: 0004000000086300) would be in the folder:
    • SDMC://Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00086300/data/00000001.sav
  • Copy that save file to the corresponding folder on your target SD card and your save should now be accessible on the target system!

Closing Thoughts:
I really hope this tutorial has helped some people who may be in the same boat I was, wanting to transfer my content from my O3DS to my region-changed N3DS.
Thank you for your reading and have a "Nintacular" day! ^_^

Jcmejia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to do a system transfer from a new 3ds running latest firmware to a new 3ds xl running firmware ofw 9.2 but by booting reinand on homebrew launcher

Nimrod-002

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
arent the saves in nand just 3ds applications saves and not game saves and therefore are unnecessary
also do i have to dump nand if a can just extract and replace movable.sed file with FBI on both systems

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arent the saves in nand just 3ds applications saves and not game saves and therefore are unnecessary
also do i have to dump nand if a can just extract and replace movable.sed file with FBI on both systems
this was written before things like godmode9 existed, so ofc you can do that

Reactions: Ichii Giki

AndreAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
[Tutorial] "Manual System Transfer" for Saves/Content

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM!
You proceed with this tutorial at your own peril!
PLEASE MAKE BACKUPS FOR EACH STEP AS YOU GO! This will make it easier to recover if some step fails/a mistake is made.
Unless you have a hard-mod for your console, it is HIGHLY recommended to attempt this tutorial on EmuNAND on the target system to avoid bricks.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

This tutorial will instruct you how to do a "Manual System Transfer" from one 3DSsystem to another 3DS system.
It is reversible back to the original system, but will invalidate content on the target system as a normal system transfer would.
Due to this fact, PLEASE BACKUP ANY SAVES YOU CARE ABOUT on the target system with SaveDataFiler/etc. before you proceed.
This method will ONLY transfer saves and give you the ability to install content on the target system.
This method will NOT move your NNID over to the target system/re-link it. This is a server-side thing and must be done by Nintendo.
This method should be especially useful for people with region-changed systems that want to move over saves for Mii Plaza/etc.
This tutorial is a HIGH LEVEL process. Many steps will not be completely spelled out, so if you don't understand a specific term/procedure, please consult the forums.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THIS TUTORIAL POSSIBLE!!! ^_^

Requirements:
Both the source and target systems must be on exploitable firmwares (for the purpose of this guide, this basically means <= 9.2 SysNAND FW)!
The method used to run unsigned code on the source system (for example Gateway, or a 4.5 CFW) must also be able to be run on the target system for full transfer.
Example: If you utilize a 4.5 exclusive CFW on your source system, you wouldn't be able to transfer with that onto a New 3DS as New 3DS systems cannot run 4.5 FW.

Note: I personally used this method between the 9.7 EmuNAND of an original 3DS system to a region-changed 9.5 EmuNAND New 3DS system.
I also utilized a Gateway card for running my transferred content on the target, New 3DS system. Other methods are possible, but again, they must be compatible between systems.
For optimal results, you will want to utilize firmwares on both systems in the same major version (for example, 9.x and 9.x on both systems).

Limitations:
This method will NOT transfer over your NNID from the source system to the target system as a legit system transfer would.
This method was mainly born from the issues stemming from region-changing a 3DS system and then wanting to transfer content to that system.
Personally, having done this method between my US O3DS and my originally JPN N3DS, my NNID was left on my O3DS and all my saves were copied to the N3DS.
From there I continue to make future purchases on the O3DS under my NNID and then manually install said purchases on the N3DS with Gateway.
Please note this part of the procedure is specific to my issues with not being able to system transfer from a US O3DS to a region-changed N3DS completely, but hopefully this tutorial will still be useful for you!

Let's get this show on the road!

A. Source System
1. Dump/extract your source NAND
  • On the source system, you will first need to dump the NAND you will be pulling your save data from (either SysNAND or EmuNAND).
2. Extract the Fat16 CTR partition from your source NAND backup
3. Generate NAND XORPads for your source NAND
  • This can be done with a tool such as Decrypt9 (which runs through Ninjhax and is currently the only method to generate XORPads for the New 3DS).
6. Extract necessary files/saves from source NAND
  • The files you want to extract and are safe from your source NAND are as follows:
    • NAND://private/movable.sed - THIS IS THE MAIN FILE FOR THIS PROCESS! It is the file which identifies/is used to decrypt the saves from your source NAND/SD card.
    • NAND://dbs/ticket.db - This file will be used later to recover our purchased content for the target system.
    • NAND://data/<ID0>/extdata - You may extract and save all the subfolders in this folder (<ID0> will be a randomly generated number, matching the number of your save folder in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card).
    • NAND://data/<ID0>/sysdata - Extract and save ONLY the following folders! (For reference, these titles are for US systems and may vary by region - consult: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData for your region):
      • 000200bd - Miiverse
      • 0001000f - Unknown
      • 0002021b - Nintendo Zone
      • 0002021d - Face Raiders
      • 0002021e - AR Games
      • 00010011 - FS module (for Anti Savegame Restore games like Animal Crossing/PKMN/Smash)
      • 00010022 - Pedometer
      • 00010026 - Streetpass (active games)
      • 00010032 - Friends
      • 00010034 - Spotpass
      • 00010035 - News
      • 00020093 - Game Notes
      • 00020094 - Internet Browser
      • 00020096 - Friend List
      • 00020212 - Activity Log
      • 00020214 - Nintendo 3DS Camera
      • 00020215 - Nintendo 3DS Sound
      • 00020217 - Mii Maker
      • 00020218 - Mii Plaza
Note: These are the only saves I have tested to work and transfer safely. If you try to transfer saves for more system apps (such as NNID/config) I cannot guarantee success/positive results.
Further Note: I CAN confirm that if you transfer the app of something like Config from original 3DS to New 3DS, you will likely have weird results for screen display/etc. [DON'T TRY THIS!!!]

B. File Modification

1. Open your "movable.sed" file from the source system in you favored hex editor (such as "HxD").
2. Once open, you will want to remove the last 0x20 bytes from the file (actually shrinking the size of the file from 0x140 to 0x120).
3. At the beginning of the file, clear the 4 BYTES after the 'SEED' value (each byte should consist of two hex-based numbers, such as '00' or 'AF'; when clear, the value for that byte should show '00'/'.').
  • For example, the beginning of your file after modification should show '53 45 45 44 00 00 00 00' or "SEED...."
4. Save changes to your "movable.sed" file and close it (Recommend saving in a new copy of the file in case any mistakes are made!).
Note: Thanks to motezazer for the instructions on this step! ^_^ (This was the most important step of this process!)

Note: REMEMBER! THIS METHOD WILL INVALIDATE EXISTING CONTENT/SAVES ON THE TARGET SYSTEM! Please backup any important saves before proceeding!
C. Target System
1. Dump/extract your target NAND
  • On the target system, you will need to dump the NAND you will be injecting your save data to (either SysNAND or EmuNAND).
2. Extract the Fat16 CTR partition from your target NAND backup
3. Generate NAND XORPads for your target NAND
  • This can be done with a tool such as Decrypt9 (which runs through Ninjhax and is currently the only public method to generate XORPads for the New 3DS).
6. Inject your MODIFIED "movable.sed" file to your target NAND
  • Simply copy your modified file and overwrite the existing "movable.sed" file.
7. Delete the contents of the of the NAND://data folder
  • This step is necessary to reinitilize the system with the new "movable.sed" file. Do NOT delete the "data" folder itself!
8. Re-encrypt your target NAND with XORPads
  • This can be done by simply xor-ing your extracted Fat16 CTR partition again.
9. Inject your modified Fat16 CTR partition into your target NAND
  • Use the injection function of a script such as "3DSFAT16tool.py", for example.
10. Flash/inject your modified target NAND to the target system
  • Using either a hardware restore method (Gateway menu/hard-mod) or software (EmuNANDTool for EmuNAND).
11. Boot into the target NAND
  • Let the system boot up to the start of the system setup procedure. Once you get to the system setup start screen, you may power off the system without going through the setup.
12. Extract your target NAND again
13. Extract your Fat16 CTR partition again
14. Decrypt your partition with XORPads again
15. Mount your decrypted partition for editing again
16. This time, inject your "extdata" and "sysdata" saves from the source system into the newly created folder under NAND://data/<ID0>
  • Overwrite any existing saves with your source system data.
17. Re-encrypt your target NAND with XORPads again
18. Inject your modified Fat16 CTR partition into your target NAND again
19. Flash/inject your modified target NAND to the target system again
Note: DO NOT POWER ON YOUR SYSTEM YET!

D. SD Card Content

*. Now that we have prepared and transferred the NAND content from the source system to the target system, we much now transfer our SD card content to get ALL our saves for system titles
1. From the source system, start by copying the following folders and their contents from the source SD card the target SD card:
  • SDMC://Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/backups
  • SDMC://Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata
Note: <ID1> won't match between source/target SD card folders, but <ID0> should match. This is normal.
2. Next, we will need to obtain any system application updates/DLC you had on your source system on the target system
  • This can be done utilizing your "ticket.db" from the source system and a script like "FunkyCIA2.py" (again by Cearp ^_^) to obtain the CIAs
  • For reference, the title IDs of the Mii Plaza update and DLC are:
    • 0004000e00021800 - Mii Plaza Update
    • 0004008c00021800 - Mii Plaza DLC
3. You may now insert your target SD card and boot up the target system
  • Once you have reached the home menu, install the CIAs obtained from the previous step using your favorite CIA management tool (I recommend FBI, by Steveice10 ^_^).
4. You may now run system apps and your save data should be intact and available!
  • If you had updated the Mii Plaza/purchased DLC and then tried run your transferred save without installing them in the target system, you would get an error saying your save is not on the correct version.
  • Note: The main limitation of this transfer method is we cannot yet locally transfer the tickets for purchased content from from one system's "ticket.db" file to another.
  • In a legit system transfer, the tickets are sent to Nintendo from the source console and then returned to the target console, rewritten with the console ID of the target system.
  • For this reason, we must utilize CIAs/unsigned installations for our purchased on content on the target system.

E. Remaining SD Card Content
*. Once you have achieved access to your system applications saves on the target system, you can proceed with installing and transferring the saves of your other purchased content
1. Obtain CIAs for your remaining purchased content
  • Utilize your ticket "ticket.db" from the source system again and something like "FunkyCIA2.py" to obtain CIAs of your purchased content.
2. Install CIAs on your target system
  • Utilize an installer such as FBI.
3. Once installed, copy your saves for the associated content from the source SD card to the target SD card
  • Locate the matching title ID and save file on the source SD card and copy it to the appropriate folder on the target SD card.
  • For example: On the source SD card, your save for Animal Crossing: New Leaf [US] (titleID: 0004000000086300) would be in the folder:
    • SDMC://Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00086300/data/00000001.sav
  • Copy that save file to the corresponding folder on your target SD card and your save should now be accessible on the target system!

Closing Thoughts:
I really hope this tutorial has helped some people who may be in the same boat I was, wanting to transfer my content from my O3DS to my region-changed N3DS.
Thank you for your reading and have a "Nintacular" day! ^_^
Sorry for writting in a dead thread.
Can I do it without EmuNand In both consoles?

GUEDES_et_al

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I sold my previous 2DS, and recently ordered another one, and waiting for arrival.

I have a backup of movable.sed of previous console (NAND and other files) and the SD content intact.

If I simply inject the movable.sed from previous console in the new one using GodMode9, is it possible to avoid all the reinstall of 3DS games and keep my saves?

BluePixels77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for bumping this thread, I just wanted to say thanks for the guide, and add a few tips I found myself and from another thread on GBATemp about the transfer.

1. Install GodMode9 on both consoles

2. On source console that's reset to factory settings with all data backed up, access GodMode9 by holding Start and turning console on with power button

3. Navigate to the following locations in GodMode9:

• SYSNAND CTRNAND://private/movable.sed
  • SYSNAND CTRNAND://dbs/ticket.db
4. Copy movable.sed and ticket.db to the SD by highlighting them and pressing A, then select "Copy to 0:/gm9/out"

• SYSNAND CTRNAND://data/<ID0>/extdata
  • SYSNAND CTRNAND://data/<ID0>/sysdata
5. Copy the extdata and sysdata folders by highlighting the folder, then hold R Trigger and A button, then select "Copy to 0:/gm9/out"

6. Power off source console and insert it's SD card into PC, copy the files above from the SD://gm9/out/ folder onto your PC, I placed them into a folder called "nandfiles". You can delete the files off the source consoles SD after this to save space

7. Open the sysdata folder and make sure that only the safe to transfer save files are kept by looking at list in the original guide, delete any that are not on the list

Here is the list I created for the PAL/European region:
EUR
000200be - Miiverse
0001000f - Unknown
0002022b - Nintendo Zone
0002022d - Face Raiders
0002022e - AR Games
00010011 - FS module (for Anti Savegame Restore games like Animal Crossing/PKMN/Smash)
00010022 - Pedometer
00010026 - Streetpass (active games)
00010032 - Friends
00010034 - Spotpass
00010035 - News
0002009c - Game Notes
0002009d - Internet Browser
0002009f - Friend List
00020222 - Activity Log
00020224 - Nintendo 3DS Camera
00020225 - Nintendo 3DS Sound
00020227 - Mii Maker
00020228 - Mii Plaza
0004000e00022800 - Mii Plaza Update
0004008c00022800 - Mii Plaza DLC

8. Make sure to edit the movable.sed file according to the original guide

For example, the beginning of your file after modification should show '53 45 45 44 00 00 00 00' or "SEED...."

9. Insert the target consoles SD in PC, copy the "nandfiles" folder (or whatever you named it) created above to the root of the target consoles SD card

10. Put the target consoles SD back in the console

11. Boot into GodMode9 on target console holding Start and turning console on with power button

12. (I then used GodMode9 on the target console, and made a backup of the target consoles original movable.sed, using the "Copy to 0:/gm9/out" option, not sure if this is will ever be needed in the future?)

13. Now use GodMode9 to navigate to the SDCARD://nandfiles/movable.sed, highlight the file and use the Y button to copy it to clipboard

14. Navigate to SYSNAND CTRNAND://private/ and press the Y button to paste, select "Copy path(s)", then press the A button to unlock SysNAND, and enter combination to unlock nand, select "Overwrite file(s)", then press the A button to relock nand

15. Navigate to SYSNAND CTRNAND://data/ and delete the <ID0> folders/files inside of the data folder, do this by highlighting the <ID0> folder, pressing the X button, then press the A button to delete, press A again to unlock the SysNAND with the combination, then relock and by pressing A button

16. Now exit GodMode9, by pressing home button and choosing "Poweroff system"

17. Next power on the console, once the setup language select screen appears then power off console again, holding the power button for a while until the lights go off

18. Boot into GodMode9 again with Start button and powering on, navigate to SDCARD://nandfiles/ and copy the sysdata and extdata individually by highlighting and using the Y button to copy, then navigate to SYSNAND CTRNAND://data/<new ID0>/, press the Y button to paste, choose "Copy path(s)", then press A to unlock SysNAND, enter button combination, choose "Overwrite file(s)", relock nand, do this for both folders

19. Press the home menu button, and then power off the console

20. Copy the "Nintendo 3DS", "DCIM" and "private" folder from the source consoles SD Card, to the target consoles SD Card

21. Also download copies of Faketik.3dsx and Cthulhu.3dsx, these can be found on GitHub, and copy these to the 3ds folder on target consoles SD Card

22. Power on the target console with SD inserted, I then had to go through initial setup, making a new profile, you should then end up on the Home Menu with only default apps

23. I then opened up the Health & Safety app, opened Rosalina Menu using (Left Shoulder+Down+Select), then went to Misc. options, chose "Switch hb. title" then exited Rosaline with B button and closed and reopened Health & Safety app which should launch the Homebrew launcher

24. From the Homebrew launcher I opened the Faketik app, let this run, you should then be able to exit this pressing B, press the home button and you should see titles appear on the home menu, press home button again to return to Homebrew launcher

25. Then using the Cthulhu app in Homebrew launcher you can unwrap all home menu titles in one go, it's under the Home Menu software management option and then select Unwrap all Home Menu software

26. (Another guide I looked at on gbatemp (SDTransfer by TurdPooCharger) recommended fixing CMACS, not sure if needed in this case, but I opted to do it anyway):
  • Boot into GodMode9, highlight "SYSNAND SD", hold R Trigger and press A Button, choose Fix CMACs for drive, press A and confirm with combination, press A to return to main menu
27. That's it all games and apps should be transferred over, but before opening Mii Maker or Mii Plaza, follow the guide below

-----

Mii Maker & Mii Plaza Fix

1. To get Mii Maker save data working you need to change your personal Mii's system id, otherwise Mii Maker rejects the save data and you have start over creating a new Mii. Follow this guide before opening Mii Maker or Mii Plaza

2. To do this I used extdata_dump.3dsx by MrCheeze on GitHub and "3DS Mii Edit Tool" by Fabi, which can be found on GBAtemp.

3. On the target console open Mii Maker and create a new Mii, just with default information.

4. I then opened extdata_dump on the target console using Homebrew launcher, selected "Dump all extdata to SD Card", then copied the CFL_DB.dat from the dump directory SD://3ds/dumps/f000000b/CFL_DB.dat to my PC.

5. I then used "3DS Mii Edit Tool" to open the target consoles CFL_DB.dat. It should display the "System ID", copy this down the same as it's shown in a text editor app without the "-" dashes. For example:
Code:

6. Follow the same method to extract the source consoles CFL_DB.dat file, and again use 3DS Mii Edit Tool to copy down the System ID in the same format. Keep track of which is which.

7. Open the source consoles CFL_DB.dat in a hex editor such as HxD, find the source consoles System ID, the first instance should be the 13th byte, and then replace with the target consoles System ID, do this for all the other instances, I used the search function in hex mode.

8. Create a file called "config.txt" in the same directory as extdata_dump.3dsx on the SD Card, paste this line into the file:
Code:
RESTORE "CFL_DB.dat" "f000000b:/CFL_DB.dat"

9. Copy the edited CFL_DB.dat to the SD://3ds folder.

10. Now you need to reboot the target console into GodMode9 and navigate to SDCARD://nandfiles/, highlight "extdata" and press the Y button to copy

11. Then navigate to SYSNAND CTRNAND://data/<new ID0>/, press the Y button to paste, choose "Copy path(s)", then press A to unlock SysNAND, enter button combination, choose "Overwrite file(s)", relock nand

12. Boot target console and open Homebrew Launcher

13. Launch extdata_dump and choose "Restore extdata specified in config"

14. You should now be able to open Mii Maker and Mii Plaza and all your Mii's are there

-----

This seems to have copied most things over to my new 3DS, if anyone knows anything else to be added to this that would be great

Last edited by BluePixels77,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol