Mame and Neo Geo games

John2568

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to have mame or neo games run on main menu like switch games or a place to get them
Running on mame is a pain for my little boy lol.

any advise would help thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

John2568

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for reply. where can download games that i can start up retro games on main menu. like snes pumchout snes nsp or mame star wars nsp or xci to install

It’s easy enough to find them around the web, my friend. Not going to be able to post links to roms here on GBATemp though.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're sailing the seven seas, there's already a bunch of neogeo games released through arcade archives on the eshop. Probably easier than putting together a forwarder.

FBNeo also runs the neo-geo library if you like its interface better than mame.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are those files called they have name for them forwarders?
You would have to “create” a forwarder that points to a Retroarch core and include a reference to the rom of the game you want to play. This is a bit complex to do on a hacked Switch. Here’s a video you can watch to see if it’s what you’re looking for and worth the trouble:

As @Rahkeesh is saying, there are some games already on the eshop. You would simply need to find the “backup” nsp for that particular game and install it.

To do that you would need something like Tinfoil https://tinfoil.io/ installed and a working “shop” to do it automatically. It can also be done with any installer like Tinwoo but they don’t have the automated “shops” so you will need to find the correct nsp file backup That you’d like to play.

Probably getting ahead of ourselves though…

Is your Switch currently hacked?
If so, what CFW are you running and is it up to date?

John2568

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to “create” a forwarder that points to a Retroarch core and include a reference to the rom of the game you want to play. This is a bit complex to do on a hacked Switch. Here’s a video you can watch to see if it’s what you’re looking for and worth the trouble:

As @Rahkeesh is saying, there are some games already on the eshop. You would simply need to find the “backup” nsp for that particular game and install it.

To do that you would need something like Tinfoil https://tinfoil.io/ installed and a working “shop” to do it automatically. It can also be done with any installer like Tinwoo but they don’t have the automated “shops” so you will need to find the correct nsp file backup That you’d like to play.

Probably getting ahead of ourselves though…

Is your Switch currently hacked?
If so, what CFW are you running and is it up to date?

hi thanks for advise. too much of a headache i have mame games when load games i get error do i need updated bios my snes nes etc work just mame games dont work through retroarch it loads then get error failed

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi thanks for advise. too much of a headache i have mame games when load games i get error do i need updated bios my snes nes etc work just mame games dont work through retroarch it loads then get error failed

Please post.a screen cap of the error. It’s likely a mismatch between the rom of the game you own and your version of Mame.

John2568

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uploaded new bios it loads but stuck on white screen CBM Basic V2 ready....
tried few different mame arcade emus and all do that

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uploaded new bios it loads but stuck on white screen CBM Basic V2 ready....
tried few different mame arcade emus and all do that

If you posted a screenshot, would it look something like this?

4AE5AFA2-A666-447B-A4FD-6D5466306A71.jpeg

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes exactly
That is Commodore Basic V2. It’s a BIOS you can load to play some really old Commodore 64/Vic 20 games and has nothing to do with Mame, SNES or NES, all of which don’t require a BIOS to use with RetroArch on the Switch. You are 180 degrees from where you need to go my friend.

Try going through a guide like this:
Here’s the written guide for the same thing: https://www.cfwaifu.com/retroarch-switch/

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is Commodore Basic V2. It’s a BIOS you can load to play some really old Commodore 64/Vic 20 games and has nothing to do with Mame, SNES or NES, all of which don’t require a BIOS to use with RetroArch on the Switch. You are 180 degrees from where you need to go my friend.

Mame supports commodore 64? It has a bunch of computers actually. So if it got the ROM or system wrong...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: