Making your SNES classic compatible with blutooth controllers

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
what do u mean it doesn't work with offical snes mini plug? as in you ordered "official" plugs to do this mod and they are somehow different or incompatible with the OPs tutorial?

I was thinking of ordering plugs but now i think i'll just remove the receivers casing and solder jumper wires to the pads.

fyi I have no trouble using two receivers at the same time, latest hakchi2, receiver firm 1.08beta, sn30 and sfc30 controller latest pre-switch firm (not 4.0), also used ds4 and wii pro, no issues.

By plug I mean wall outlet for power (the micro usb power lead to ac power adapter) as I wanted to be sure it wasn't my lead/adapter that was causing the crashes? With no second receiver plugged in I have no issues so sadly I've got to pass on this cool internal mod for the snes mini. :(

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
My original retro receiver was on firmware 1.07... Just updated this to 1.08beta and it appears to be working (it's not crashed at all for about 10mins)... So it looks like I will be doing this mod at some point after all!!! :)

Reactions: The Frenchman

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
SNES30 and SFC30 controllers are now disocntinued so act fast before they're sold out everywhere!
Ah that's a shame, I presume ninty may have got involved due to copyright issues? I've already got 2 sfc30, a nes30 and a nes30 pro for my various consoles but I'll probably get another spare sfc30 pad as I think they are an amazing bit of kit. I'm not too keen on the new look snes pads they are releasing?

Thanks for the heads up
SNES30 and SFC30 controllers are now disocntinued so act fast before they're sold out everywhere!

Reactions: The Frenchman

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spoke with our supplier in 8bitdo products and 8bitdo discontinued their Nes30 and Snes30 line because of Nintendo sending in a C&D. The design was too similar to the original controllers and that's a now with Nintendo reaquiring the patents for these design earlier this year.

So 8Bitdo are fine with their Snes30Pro controller since these have L1/L2, R1/R2 and joysticks with a slightly different shape too.

Again I would advce grabbing these controllers while the're available online before it's gone everywhere.

mmax2

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
I was trying to achieve the same but with SN30 and SF30 controllers with 2.4GHz receivers. It seemed that it was working, but when I connected original wired controllers at the same time, it went crazy (like left arrow was continuously pressed down). So I had to develop my own PCB board which was sensing if original controller is connected and route I2C signals accordingly

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
So this on Youtube but the guy just opened up the receivers and hid them in the case,it's ugly if you open the flap but that's why it's wireless now. You can also buy the DIY 8bitdo board and make the stock controllers bluetooth

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this on Youtube but the guy just opened up the receivers and hid them in the case,it's ugly if you open the flap but that's why it's wireless now. You can also buy the DIY 8bitdo board and make the stock controllers bluetooth

He opened the retro receivers to solder wires directly to the board...
I know there are kits on sale on line that is simply plug and play (plug on the board, then you can plug the receiver onto it and then the original port again directly on it.

a new edit was made to the original post to clarify on issue using wii classic controllers.

Reactions: yadspi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking old lady next door My microwaves broke! All it was was the clock not set right