Hacking Making a .CIA from installed game??

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i currently switched to a newer 3DS XL and was wondering if I could create a cia file of the games and stuff and transfer them to the newer 3DS XL without having to redownload all the games??

j0hnnyj0hns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TollyThaWally

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i currently switched to a newer 3DS XL and was wondering if I could create a cia file of the games and stuff and transfer them to the newer 3DS XL without having to redownload all the games??
I know I'm late but for anyone else who wants a detailed guide on how to do this, assuming you have CFW and GodMode9, then you can follow this guide:
  1. Turn off your 3DS.
  2. Power on and Hold START and boot into Godmode9.
  3. Go down to [A:] SYSNAND SD, press A
  4. Go to the "title" folder
  5. Now there should be four folders (depending on what you installed), here is what each folder means:
  • title\0004000e – contains Updates.
    title\0004008c – contains DLC.
    title\00040000 – contains Games/Apps.
    title\00040002 – contains Demos.
6. Scroll to the folder of which thing you want to dump. Press R+A on it, then press A on "Search for titles". After it finds the results, a bunch of .tmd files should appear (amount depends on what you installed). The name of the game should appear before the .tmd ({Title ID} {Name} (CTR-xxxx) (U/E/J/K).tmd) Scroll to the game you want and press A on the .tmd. On the touchscreen press "TMD file options..." Scroll to "Build CIA (standard)" then press A. When it is done, exit out of [Z:], then scroll to [0:] SDCARD () and press A. Scroll to the "gm9" then press A folder then to "out" and press A You should see the CIA that corresponds to your game.​

Last edited by TollyThaWally,

bananaboy319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tried it but only one game appeared despite me having loads does it only work with legits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-