Magic Leap opens its 'Creator Portal' and SDK to developers

magic leap portal open.JPG

The multi-billion worth tech startup is slowly opening up to the public. A few months after unveiling its first headset, Magic Leap has announced that its very own developer platform is open as of today.

Dubbed as the 'Creator Portal', it offers tutorials, sample assets, API reference documentation, blog posts and more to creators, artists, innovators and developers looking to dive into the world of spatial computing and explore the building blocks of this next generation of human-computer interaction on Magic Leap. The platform also provides a “Magic Leap Simulator” that, as the name suggests, will enable people to preview apps before they get a headset. To have access, one has to signup and agree to a short arbitration clause. Note that Magic Leap refers to the Creator Portal and SDK as a 'Technical Preview'.

The LuminSDK is designed for Magic Leap’s operating system Lumin OS which seems to be a custom-built OS from open source and Linux-based components. Developers building in Unity and Unreal will have access to build for Lumin OS. Magic Leap also announced that starting today, you can download Technical Preview builds of Unreal Engine 4 or Unity to explore spatial computing on the Magic Leap platform. Video game developers, this is a direct call to you!

With this new platform shortly hitting the market, what would you like to see on the Magic Leap?

:download: LuminSDK
:arrow: SOURCE

Vorpal Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oho, I thought AR would be in the backburner for much longer in favor of VR and its growing popularity. Got a couple ideas I would like to whip up.. I wish their goggles were more subtle like the google glass though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo