Gaming Mac Vs. PC

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand this nonsense about Mac vs Windows. You know, you can install Windows on a Mac, right?
I've heard a lot of other ridiculous arguments too.
QUOTE said:
"I use Mac because anti-virus scanners use system resources, and I don't want that."
QUOTE said:
"Alienware PCs are overpriced. Macs aren't. Alienware also has only 30min of battery life."
QUOTE said:
"My Windows PC broke, but my Mac is still working. That means Windows sucks."
"Hackintosh is laggy. Windows PCs can't handle OSX. And it's illegal."
And it goes on and on.

I'm required to get a MacBook for school, so I'm planning to keep the OSX partition as a schoolwork partition, and I'll use Boot Camp for personal stuff (gaming). Apple actually charges $100 to put an almost-1080p screen into the 15" MacBook Pro, and it charges $50 on top of that to remove the glass plating on top of the screen. And I don't see how people are saying Macs aren't overpriced, since you can get an Alienware laptop with a much better GPU for at least $300 cheaper than a MacBook with the same CPU. And with Nvidia Optimus, the Alienware laptops get equivalent battery life compared to the MacBooks.
Also, to the people complaining about Mac's proprietary file system, keep in mind that OSX has support for FAT32 and NTFS. And not only that, but the included Boot Camp driver disc allows Windows to access the OSX partition.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
And I don't see how people are saying Macs aren't overpriced, since you can get an Alienware laptop with a much better GPU for at least $300 cheaper than a MacBook with the same CPU. And with Nvidia Optimus, the Alienware laptops get equivalent battery life compared to the MacBooks.
There are MANY other factors to consider other than specs. Some Apple products are very competitive. To date, nothing beats the MacBook Air or arguably the iPad.

QUOTE(YayMii @ Aug 13 2011, 01:52 PM) Also, to the people complaining about Mac's proprietary file system, keep in mind that OSX has support for FAT32 and NTFS. And not only that, but the included Boot Camp driver disc allows Windows to access the OSX partition.
Write support is not enabled without tweaking for NTFS partitions, not that it really matters THAT much.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-snip-

Also, wouldn't something being less complex mean it takes less time to do simple tasks? Like uninstalling something. And if it's less complex and takes less time, wouldn't that give you more time to be productive and work? Or more time to do whatever you're doing? It is saving time!

Maybe that's just me who doesn't want to do "complex" things for something so simple.

(I really don't think Windows is all that complex. But I'm right sorta)

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Macs are easy to use and makes you feel smart/superior for knowing how to use it.
With a PC you should know VERY BASIC troubleshooting and it'll be your best friend
tongue.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My dad HATES the Mac OS, he uses boot camp to switch to Windows 7 OS.
tongue.gif

Well, maybe he's just used to Windows.

I really don't know why he wants a Macbook in the first place!

Personally I find both great.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
iFish said:
nexus1556 said:
Mac is for stupid idiots that dont know how to do shit for them selfs and need drag and drop unlike pc witch is complex
Are Macs also for idiots that don't correctly use grammar?
If so, I think you need one.
smile.gif

(figure stupid is implied considering an idiot is somebody with an iq below 20 so removed it)
*hides from angry ifish*

frown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Mac vs. PC" became "More expensive PC vs. less expensive PC" the moment Apple switched to making intel-based Macs.
The real argument is "Mac OS X vs. Windows", and there's no real contest there.
Having used both Mac OS X and Windows as my desktop OS,
it is my opinion that the only thing that Windows has over OS X is gaming. That's it. :/

If Apple were to license Mac OS X for use on non-Apple PCs,
I think Mac OS X would become the predominant OS.
That'll never happen though
rolleyes.gif

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Aah everytime this thread come out, some post later it turn very "uncivil". Well myself I have used both Mac and PC, just 2 months ago I switched from a 13 inch macbook to 13 inch Sony. I am more sastified with windows really , I like the gaming things, and I don't really like just installing windows on a mac.

Macs are not trouble free, you don't see the trouble until they bite you in the arse (Disappearing Bluetooth)
Macs are not all simple , PC are not "HARDCORE PROGRAMMINNG !111111" they both balance out I think

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown said:
rolleyes.gif
It'll never happen because it's a terrible idea, and would be the death of the company if it weren't for their new mobile endeavors.

frown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
frown said:
rolleyes.gif
It'll never happen because it's a terrible idea, and would be the death of the company if it weren't for their new mobile endeavors.
It's only a terrible idea because it would mean that no one would want to buy their shiny hardware over much less expensive, comparable pc components.
tongue.gif

YetoJesse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone even know what an .exe is?... the things you use to make stuff run?... the thing you need to download bootcamp for on a mac and hope it works?..

kevan

Imagination rules the world
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YetoJesse said:
Does anyone even know what an .exe is?... the things you use to make stuff run?... the thing you need to download bootcamp for on a mac and hope it works?..
Yes I know what an .exe file is, but what exactly is your post about?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown said:
Urza said:
frown said:
rolleyes.gif
It's only a terrible idea because it would mean that no one would want to buy their shiny hardware over much less expensive, comparable pc components.
tongue.gif
"Only"?

Why would a company take an action that destroys their sales for absolutely no gain? Apple doesn't care about market share. When you're the monopoly, every action you take is highly scrutinized as an anti-competitive practice. They don't want to be held back by the legal system and become the next Microsoft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    obamna
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    SODA
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Subway was actually pretty decent tonight