Hacking M3 Simply Help

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Everyone,

My mother is having a small problem with her NDS + M3 Simply slot 1 device. Some games, not all when transfered to the micro DS card will not load correctly - She recieves a prompt to create a new .sav which of course she agrees to do but then gets the following error:

"Unable to read save data. Switch off nintendo ds console and reinsert the game card."

Now I have been able to fix some roms in the past using Sim City (J) and some tool I found BUT I purchased this slot 1 solution for her as at the time it seemed very straight forward to use, i.e rom patching was required. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this error and more importantly does anyone know of a fix for this that does involve me having to patch roms for her?

I've looked on google but have yet to stumble across anything other than the patching trick I described above.

Many thanks

CS

The_Cylon_Surfer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers - I'll give it a try when I get home
biggrin.gif

maguspk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced the .dat file and it generated a new .sys file however I still encounter the same error as the OP.

A google search for "Unable to read save data" reveals similar occurrences with other people attempting to play the Kirby Super Star Ultra nds file with the M3 Simply. If anyone could post the solution or what their current files are with it working properly, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The R4DS and M3 Simply are the same flashcards. The M3 Simply is just a rebranded R4 but uses the R4 firmware which means you are out of luck when it comes to compatibility updates. I suggest you use YSMenu instead, then you don't have to patch the games yourself all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hope all is well