Hacking M3 new firmware: M3Sakura preview

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
No it's not a guess. It comes from the M3 team. I'm a webmaster of another DS community and have good contacts with the M3 team. a few days ago I asked Danny from the M3 team if there were any plans for real time saving support and he said that they were working on the feature and is certainly planned!

D

Deleted User

Toni Plutonij said:
Traitor!!
tongue.gif

Haha, PSP seems good..I'd like to try it..If it really can run PSOne games, it would be interesting to play that around..

Sakura is great reason to turn your DS on again..But what if some really great game comes, and you've sworn not to use it!! You'll be breaking the promise..

Yeah, it can play PSOne games =\ And even 'pirated' ones if you use a custom firmware
tongue.gif

And also, I really don't see any DS games coming out before Sakura =\
Anyway I've lost my charge cable, so I can't play my DS until I borrow my friends' anyway

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OK Social0, if you say so..I hope it's true..It would be great news!

Sorry warmijwilfaain, I'm not into PSP scene, so I only know what I hear here and there..But it's amazing it can emulate all those consoles..(If I ever get any deeper into PSP stuff, I'll contact you to help me about those firmware downgrades, and PSOne emulating)

There are few games in nearer future I'm looking Forward to..Final Fantasy IV among them..Hopefully, Sakura will be released before it..

Pauloc7s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no sign of sakura yet... =(

(today I had a test at the school, then, i came back to my house early... =D)

oooh my god... i can't wait anymore!!!

ok, guys... i'm going to take a shower. here(brazil) it's just 5:21 PM...

tomorrow i have a physics test, then, i'll study tonight... I wish I could stay here...

PS: I need an avatar... suggestions?

gangsterboi

Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
Damb, i sakura is annoying. I know it's good but will this new firmware make m3 the best?

I might just use the 3.2 or watever it is (for g6) because i don't know if i can be bothered to do all this dragging across files when it comes out.

Off topic; I'm making my first skin!! It's for m3 and old firmware though when I'm finished i might change it to a sakura version, at the moment i've only finished the top desktop heres a pic:
ibe9a0.jpg

What do you think? At the moment i'm stuck on what will the icons look like, i have no idea what to base them on. Maybe i'll look at other skins to et some ideas.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Point is, you don't know (nobody knows) how it will look in the end..That was just the preview for people to get hyped..Maybe they'll make even better options (remember, MoonShell will be part of the skin, so there are lots of options and things to play with, if they use it well)..
And maybe it will end up worse. Time, money, and technical restraints could be realized later on, causing them to cut or tone down certain aspects of Sakura.

QUOTEI believe it can't be done with firmware updates, battery usage is a hardware thing..
Its possible, if they managed some sort of optimizations that allowed the games to run smoothly at a lower read speed.

More than likely the battery life will be a tad worse, as the fancy animations take more power to render than the original menu. Shouldn't be too significant though (unless you spend a lot of time in the loader).

D

Deleted User

I'm hoping that Sakura will make the TWEWY problem go away.
I mean, sure, there's the Japanese Audio Swap fix, but still =\

Chaos45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel really stupid, but I can't seem to get Sakura to work. I tried copying the system and m3stest2 folders to my sd card, but it just says "no system file found" when I try to boot it.

D

Deleted User

Chaos45 said:
I feel really stupid, but I can't seem to get Sakura to work. I tried copying the system and m3stest2 folders to my sd card, but it just says "no system file found" when I try to boot it.

Yea, I had problems getting the m3 version to work. I got the same error as you. I eventually just got the .nds version for testing on other carts. Just put the sakura nds in the root of your card, and the m3test2 folder in the root of your card as well. Then run the.nds from the homebrew loader on the m3 and you should be all set. That's the only way I got it to work. Be sure to back up your saves and anything else important though. It corrupted my card twice. Both times windows would not read the card and I had to format it on mac os x as I stated earlier in this thread. Good luck. It's cool, but not much to look as, since it only has the multimedia functions so far, and the preview is limited to like 5 or 10 minutes. It just freezes after that time.

Chaos45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RomanHelmet said:
Chaos45 said:

Yea, I had problems getting the m3 version to work. I got the same error as you. I eventually just got the .nds version for testing on other carts. Just put the sakura nds in the root of your card, and the m3test2 folder in the root of your card as well. Then run the.nds from the homebrew loader on the m3 and you should be all set. That's the only way I got it to work. Be sure to back up your saves and anything else important though. It corrupted my card twice. Both times windows would not read the card and I had to format it on mac os x as I stated earlier in this thread. Good luck. It's cool, but not much to look as, since it only has the multimedia functions so far, and the preview is limited to like 5 or 10 minutes. It just freezes after that time.

Alright, I shall try that, thanks for your help.
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, it would be fair, or just to add "Sakura" section in currently review..

M3 Team is getting themself a bad aura..It is quite unfair to not release any news on such important thing as new firmware is..I really hope they are planning some surprise with Sakura, maybe some extra options, or something, I don't know..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp