King Harkinian

I wonder what's for dinner?
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBAtemp. Yesterday I decided to upgrade my N3DSXL from a Sysnand/Emunand A9LH setup using Aureinand to a Sysnand only setup using Luma3ds. Everything seems to have gone okay, even other virtual console games such as NES or SNES injects. However my injected Japanese copy of Zelda: The Minish Cap has a strange graphical glitch. The game goes off the top of the screen and loops around to the bottom causing the game to look off. Is this a bug with Luma3ds? Prior when I used Aureinand, I would boot into Sysnand instead of Emunand to play GBA games and Minish Cap worked perfectly. I've tried searching online for a solution to this but I'm not entirely sure how to describe this and I can't find any results that help. Does anyone know what's causing this and/or how I can fix it?

Here's a photo of my screen so you can see what the issue looks like
ld91lBl.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Last edited by King Harkinian,

King Harkinian

I wonder what's for dinner?
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is probably the rom as if you can boot a GBA game, everything is okay with your twl firm and luma3ds setup. Try getting another ROM or getting a CIA yourself from that iso site
Installing a version I got from that iso site yielded the same results, and the rom was working fine before I removed Emunand and upgraded to Luma3ds. Right now I'm resizing the partition on my SD card and making it smaller. Maybe the added space from the lack of Emunand is causing glitches? I know 3DSs have issues with larger SD cards. I use a 128GB microSD, usually partitioned to 100GB so DevMenu works. I'll post back with my results.

EDIT: Resizing the partition to 64GB has fixed the game, so it was a size issue. It's a shame all of that space on my SD card can't be used. I'll try to make the partition as large as possible without causing the glitch. There should be a better fix for this though.

Last edited by King Harkinian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1