Luma3DS booting from CTRNAND instead of SD

ChickenSwoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve just recently started modding my 3DS using the guide, and once I got to the homebrew launcher step using download play, I get an infinite splash screen. When I booted up Luma3DS again, it told me that it wasn’t booting from my SD card, but rather CTRNAND using B9S and I have no clue how to fix this to continue setting up my 3DS.

Attachments

• 490C001A-12B9-41A3-A2D4-EBFC66C4BAFE.jpeg
    490C001A-12B9-41A3-A2D4-EBFC66C4BAFE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your SD card isn't being read, then there is something wrong with your SD card. (Wouldn't you say that's a pretty big "clue"..?)

Standard procedure in a case like this is to copy everything off the card (Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier is advisable when corruption is suspected), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back again if the test is okay.

Reactions: CoolMe

ChickenSwoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all of the things you recommended and copied back everything and even tried a new SD card with everything on it, yet it still is running via B9S. I'm just confused as to why my 3DS only loads luma through CTRNAND and not the 2 SD cards i've tried.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yet it still is running via B9S.
It's always going to run "via B9S"; the important thing is whether it's running from the SD card or from CTRNAND.

Are you sure your new SD card was formatted correctly? Because if multiple properly-formatted SD cards aren't working, then the SD card reader in your 3DS may be faulty.

ChickenSwoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it would've been a way to see if the sd card is being detected. Do you have a n3ds?
If you are talking about the original 3DS, then yes i do. My 3DS recognizes the SD but Luma does not boot through it
Post automatically merged:

It's always going to run "via B9S"; the important thing is whether it's running from the SD card or from CTRNAND.

Are you sure your new SD card was formatted correctly? Because if multiple properly-formatted SD cards aren't working, then the SD card reader in your 3DS may be faulty.
The SD i am using for the mod was formatted before i started. I even tried formatting again and putting all of the files back on. Like i said in the post before, my 3DS reads the SD but luma doesnt boot through it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about the original 3DS, then yes i do. My 3DS recognizes the SD but Luma does not boot through it

The SD i am using for the mod was formatted before i started. I even tried formatting again and putting all of the files back on. Like i said in the post before, my 3DS reads the SD but luma doesnt boot through it.
Delete the luma folder, then replace boot.firm. maybe rosalina corrupted something.

ChickenSwoosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly makes you think the 3DS is recognizing the SD card?
If i go into data management settings, it tells me that the card is there and is being recognized.

The main thing im confused about is why is Luma already on my internal memory before i got to that step.

Last edited by ChickenSwoosh,

JA121196

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had the same Issue. Just fixed it by fixing the allocation size of my sd-card, it was set to 64kb but it should have been 32kb.
Sadly the above method did not work for me, glad others have ran into this ishue on OLD 3DS modals too... thankfully theres the hshop and injection tool for what i wanted to do on my hacked 3DS so I do not feel the need to get another 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle