Hacking Lots of problems after installing Rebug 4.82.2

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know why but Rebug 4.82.2 might have messed up all three of my controllers. I have two fake DualShock 3 (which are new) and a Thrustmaster that also works in the PS2 and I can't play a single game in perfect conditions in the PS3.

One of the fake DualShock 3 has problems even before starting gaming since as soon I turn on the PS3 the controller's left analog stick drifts to the right in the XMB.

Regarding the other fake DualShock 3, I have drift in the right analog stick drifts to the right but this only happens after I manually move the right analog stick to the right first, which I also find it odd.

I have to press the START button in the Thrustmaster controller somewhat hard for it to work and the Square button is being automatically pressed, which makes things to be ordered in the XMB by category, and if I press the Square button, nothing happens.

I find these issues odd because the controllers were working fine before installing Rebug so they started having problems after that.

EDIT: I just tested the Thrustmaster controller in the PS2 and it has the same START and Square buttons problems so did Rebug mess it up for good so that I even have these problems in a console that's from a different generation (I don't want to believe this is even possible)? Shouldn't I only have this problem on another PS3 at most?

EDIT 2: The Square button problem in the Thrustmaster was gone for some hours and now it returned.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, I installed the 4.82 OFW twice and I still have the controllers' problems even before installing CFW. I also did a quick format and restored the system (whose second step also formats the PS3) next but to no avail. Does that mean I might have a lot of bad luck and simply all of the 3 controllers are faulty (which doesn't make sense since all of them were fine prior to installing CFW) or should I try to do the full format which takes longer (according to the screen that appears) than 14 hours (!) since the quick format might have not deleted all (or at least some) the CFW files?

EDIT: It seems after connecting the 3 controllers to the PC, installing some drivers using ScpToolkit and connecting the controllers to the PS3 next, the fake DualShock 3 which had the left analog stick drift problem no longer does (although now there are times pressing the PS button doesn't turn on the PS3), the other fake DualShock 3 still has drift in the right analog stick and the Thrustmaster seems like it no longer has the automatically pressed Square button and Square button not working issues although it still has its START button problem.

EDIT 2: Now the Thrustmaster controller has the automatically pressed Square button problem again.

Samuraigundam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I’m completely new to this rebug thing, bought one recently, and after making some blind adjustments, I’m now missing some gebug options, like PSNPatch. I just want to access the PSN store and all o get is s message to upgrade my software, which I obviously can’t do. I initially bought this in order to hack into games, like Beyond Two Souks, but even after finding the right file for that games debug mode, I can’t get it to even register with MM when I insert the file via USB.

Can you help me?

Any advice on fixing any of these two is appreciated.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, I’m completely new to this rebug thing, bought one recently, and after making some blind adjustments, I’m now missing some gebug options, like PSNPatch. I just want to access the PSN store and all o get is s message to upgrade my software, which I obviously can’t do. I initially bought this in order to hack into games, like Beyond Two Souks, but even after finding the right file for that games debug mode, I can’t get it to even register with MM when I insert the file via USB.

Can you help me?

What do you mean by missing Rebug options like PSN Patch? PSN Patch doesn't come with Rebug, you have to install it. What Rebug version are you running? What file are you talking about? I use FileZilla Client to upload content from the PC to the PS3 and to download it from the PS3 to the PC. I also use it to delete small files on the PS3.

Samuraigundam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! What do you mean with missing debug settings like PSN Patch? PSN Patch doesn't come with Rebug, you have to install it. What Rebug version are you running? Which file are you talking about (I use FileZilla to transfer files from the PC to the PS3 without using an USB Flash Drive thanks to FTP) and is MM multiMAN? I hope you didn't get banned after trying to access the PS Store without having used PSN Patch beforehand even though you didn't log in because of that reason you mentioned.

Well, I’m on Multiman 482, with Rebug 202, and I recall having PSNPatch as an option, but after tinkering around with things, that option seems to have disappeared. I’m not banned from PSN because I never got on it and never got a message saying as much. I used to get a message that I needed to upgrade the PSN store in order to enter it, but now I get a message telling me that I have to upgrade the system. I’m a complete novice to everything, including most of the lingo, so I’m unsure about what I’m authorizing of blocking that’s precenting me from accessing the store, and getting Multiman to recognize that file. Is it better to use a PC than a USB for file transfer in this case?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I’m on Multiman 482, with Rebug 202, and I recall having PSNPatch as an option, but after tinkering around with things, that option seems to have disappeared. I’m not banned from PSN because I never got on it and never got a message saying as much. I used to get a message that I needed to upgrade the PSN store in order to enter it, but now I get a message telling me that I have to upgrade the system. I’m a complete novice to everything, including most of the lingo, so I’m unsure about what I’m authorizing of blocking that’s precenting me from accessing the store, and getting Multiman to recognize that file. Is it better to use a PC than a USB for file transfer in this case?

I don't know any Rebug 202 version or any Rebug version which comes with PSN Patch installed. I'm using the latest REBUG version, 4.84.1. You're getting that message because you have an obsolete Rebug version installed. Try updating to the latest Rebug version first and then install and use PSN Patch before accessing PSN.

EDIT: What do you mean by having bought a PS3 with Rebug already installed in it?

Samuraigundam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm also a noob. I don't know, but I've been transferring games to my PS3 from the PC through FTP and it takes a lot of time (when I do that for apps like PSN Patch or other ones it takes a second or so). It has to do with the thing's size you want to transfer and with one's internet speed so transferring a game which is big on size takes a whole lot more than transferring apps. I've been doing this (transfer from the PC to PS3 and vice-versa) for all things instead of using USB (you can even connect a USB Flash Drive to the PS3 and transfer files from the PC to it and use this method to install things from the USB Flash Drive on the PS3 like those that the latter can only read [at least I think so] if there's the right folder structure and so they can't be directly installed from the PS3's HDD like games and apps) and I recommend you to do it although you have to be careful because the program I (and lots of people) use (FileZilla Client) has problems while doing it (if you transfer many things at the same time it will have an error). I think another reason for the speed to be low when transferring games (besides my internet speed and tha games' size) is because I'm not using an ethernet cable like it is recommended for faster speeds on those tutorials you can find. I don't know any Rebug 202 version. I'm using the latest version, 4.84.1. Try updating Rebug first and afterwards install PSN Patch. If you try to access the PS Store you'll be prompted to install a new version of it so don't be afraid and do it, you won't lose Rebug and won't get banned (I know this because I still had to install it after installing the latest Rebug version following the PS3's format). I've never been banned so I didn't know I'd receive a message telling me that I was if I had been so. Are you sure you can't access the PS Store because of its version? Maybe it's because you have an outdated Rebug version installed. I had to wait until a new Rebug version was out (and install it afterwards) to access the PS Store after formatting my PS3. Lingo? Then imagine me when english isn't even my native language! What file are you talking about?

EDIT: in the first post you said you bought Rebug. Did the PS3 already come with it or did you install it?
I bought a PS3 online with Rebug already on it. I’m on 4.82, but when I go into rebug tool box, the tool box is 2.02. The message I get is to update the system, which is not the same as updating just the store, because updating the system would erase rebug. There’s a new Multiman version available, but I’m not sure it’s safe to download. I was sure I had PSPatch on the system when I bought it because I remember activating it and getting the message.to just update the store, but now I can’t find it. It was in the debug options.

The system came with a lot of.differenr programs, like cobra, and I’ve been messing around with them, but I still can’t get that PSPatch option back to get the option to just update the store.

I wish there was a way to just reset the debug options, but I guess I should just look round here to find a way to make the right adjustments. Thank you for your help though.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I bought a PS3 online with Rebug already on it. I’m on 4.82, but when I go into rebug tool box, the tool box is 2.02. The message I get is to update the system, which is not the same as updating just the store, because updating the system would erase rebug. There’s a new Multiman version available, but I’m not sure it’s safe to download. I was sure I had PSPatch on the system when I bought it because I remember activating it and getting the message.to just update the store, but now I can’t find it. It was in the debug options.

The system came with a lot of.differenr programs, like cobra, and I’ve been messing around with them, but I still can’t get that PSPatch option back to get the option to just update the store.

I wish there was a way to just reset the debug options, but I guess I should just look round here to find a way to make the right adjustments. Thank you for your help though.

I didn't know there were PS3s for sale with Rebug already installed. It's normal to have that Rebug Toolbox version. Download and install the latest Rebug version (not the latest OFW, because that way you'll lose Rebug, like you said), install the latest Rebug Toolbox version (Rebug Toolbox's installer comes with Rebug so you don't even have to download it) and download and install PSN Patch. It's very easy to do that and I can help you if you want.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you help me?

(follow the HAN tutorial, you don't need to install HAN, to get onto PSN without the update prompt)

(you can use "ps3proxyserver", and connect to PSN) (if you have trouble with that software, make sure your "antivirus" program disabled, and window service that block that kind of stuff)

(after changing your pc network settings, restart your computer, and don't use a internet browser, make sure your ps3 connects first, afterward you can use your internet browser (like mozilla or google chrome) from your pc) (you change the network values on your pc from the ipv4 options, not the ipv6 options)

(set all your ps3 network settings to auto, but you enable the proxy and use the same proxy settings as your manually entered PC address, which is the address the "ps3proxyserver" reports when it starts up like "192.168.0.5 or, whatever it reports)

(you can still purchase content from PSN, when you use cfw or HAN, i think, thats what you want to do right, or play online and risk a ban?)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Samuraigundam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(follow the HAN tutorial, you don't need to install HAN, to get onto PSN without the update prompt)

(you can use "ps3proxyserver", and connect to PSN) (if you have trouble with that software, make sure your "antivirus" program disabled, and window service that block that kind of stuff)

(after changing your pc network settings, restart your computer, and don't use a internet browser, make sure your ps3 connects first, afterward you can use your internet browser (like mozilla or google chrome) from your pc) (you change the network values on your pc from the ipv4 options, not the ipv6 options)

(set all your ps3 network settings to auto, but you enable the proxy and use the same proxy settings as your manually entered PC address, which is the address the "ps3proxyserver" reports when it starts up like "192.168.0.5 or, whatever it reports)

(you can still purchase content from PSN, when you use cfw or HAN, i think, thats what you want to do right, or play online and risk a ban?)

VyperS_702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After all I still have the controllers' problems although they're different from the ones I had (except the one I had in a fake DualShock 3). I'm on Rebug 4.84.2 now.
Have you tried resetting the fake PS3 controllers? There’s a tiny button on the bottom for resetting controllers.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Have you tried resetting the fake PS3 controllers? There’s a tiny button on the bottom for resetting controllers.

Yes, but I found out they seem to not have it (at least I don't hear the "click" noise when I press the supposed buttons).

EDIT: I bought an used Sixaxis and an used PS3 aince the previous stopped reading BRs and I installed Evilnat in the latter. So far, the controller is working well in the new PS3 but the other ones were too in the previous PS3 before starting to have problems some weeks/months after.

EDIT 2: Now the Sixaxis has left analog stick drift in the new PS3 but only when playing a specific game (european Sonic Generations ISO), which I find it odd.

EDIT 3: I bought an used DualShock 3 and I'm not having problems with it on this game and on all the other ones in the new PS3 so I hope I don't have them again, at least in the near future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay