Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KingDrapion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guide to Looping an SSEQ file and Inserting it into a ROM
This Tutorial does not explain how to edit the MIDI to allow it to work in a ROM. There are plenty of tutorials that teach you how to do it. This Tutorial only explains SSEQ looping and inserting.
~
What you will need:
Anville Studio
MIDI2SSEQ (Newest version)
TinkeDS
NitroExplorer2b
A ROM (Hopefully one you did not get off the internet)
~
This tutorial might look long, but trust me looping SSEQ files is easy as can be. Here is a video of a looped SSEQ file:

Credits to PkmnSoundFontRemix for the vid, please subscribe to him as he is very talented.
Now, after you have edited your MIDI file using FL Studio or any other program that edits MIDI files, save it to the same folder as the new MIDI2SSEQ.
Open the MIDI with Anville Studio and select the Piano Roll editor. Move the blue pointer to where your MIDI will loop. Note that the numbers above the bar is the time, not the bar number.
Select the Edit tab and click on 'Insert MIDI event...'
Check both boxes and then where it says 'Kind of Event' click on the tab and search for 'Marker'.
When you have done that, in the box below type this: LoopStart
This is case sensitive. Press OK.
Go to the end of the MIDI, do the same things but this time, type LoopEnd in the box.
This is also case sensitive. Click OK.
When you have done that, click on the file tab and select 'Export MIDI-format 0 file'
Save your MIDI to the MIDI2SSEQ folder and preferably name it 'loop'.
Now dragging the MIDI into the new MIDI2SSEQ will not work, so you will need to press 'Control + Shift + Right Click' and select 'Open command window here'.
Drag MIDI2SSEQ into the command and delete the .exe that goes after it. now type this after MIDI2SSEQ: loop.mid loop.sseq
So your command should look like this: MIDI2SSEQ loop.mid loop.sseq
Press Enter and done! Your SSEQ will be created.
Now to insert it into a ROM, extract your ROM's .sdat file. Open this .sdat file in TinkeDS and select view in the bottom right corner.
Click on the SSEQ folder and search for your .SSEQ that you want to replace. Click on it and select 'Change file'. Now all you need to do is find your looped SSEQ and replace the original file in the ROM and save the .sdat. Now insert it back into the ROM using NitroExplorer2b and test out your new Music.

Reactions: DSoryu

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ages looking for someone explaining all of this... very usefull, I had Anvil Studio months ago and didn't know that the type 0 MIDI files were the ones needed for this. THANKS.

Also, you can visit my Youtube channel to see some of my work.

The only thing left I want to do with sound hacking in NDS roms is replace the soundbank file (soundfonts) but all my atempts ended in failure, rom freezing, black screens etc...

Once more again, thanks :D

loco365

Trophies
XP
Once I update my fantabulous tutorial, this method will be obsolete. I figured out how to convert using official SDK tools.

Still useful nonetheless

KingDrapion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ages looking for someone explaining all of this... very usefull, I had Anvil Studio months ago and didn't know that the type 0 MIDI files were the ones needed for this. THANKS.

Also, you can visit my Youtube channel to see some of my work.

The only thing left I want to do with sound hacking in NDS roms is replace the soundbank file (soundfonts) but all my atempts ended in failure, rom freezing, black screens etc...

Once more again, thanks :D

Replacing the SBNK files is easier than replacing SSEQ files. All you gotta do is with TinkeDS, extract both the SBNK and SWAR files, then replace it with the original ones. Though Im not sure if using different SBNK's from another game will work.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Replacing the SBNK files is easier than replacing SSEQ files. All you gotta do is with TinkeDS, extract both the SBNK and SWAR files, then replace it with the original ones. Though Im not sure if using different SBNK's from another game will work.

That's what I have tried countless times, indeed, it doesn't work :(. Maybe something related with the asosiation of the SSEQ to the SBNK and SWAR... My only little succes was to replace the trumpet of Pokemon Platinum for the
one used in Black Version... only in one song.

KingDrapion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I have tried countless times, indeed, it doesn't work :(. Maybe something related with the asosiation of the SSEQ to the SBNK and SWAR... My only little succes was to replace the trumpet of Pokemon Platinum for the
one used in Black Version... only in one song.
Oh thats too bad, I dont know how to fix this issue...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I covered replacing a soundbank in my DS hacking guide- the biggest problem most will have is if the soundbanks are shared between multiple files and that is a fairly easy fix too (well the proper proper fix is harder but one that works perfectly on most occasions is trivial) and given tinke (and possibly crystaltile2) will rewrite all the addresses that need to be sorted the annoying part of changing headers, pointers for subsequent files and whatever else is all automatic.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-rewritten-for-2012.73394/ has links to the guide (you are going to want the PDF version).

Also when you say newest midi2sseq what version exactly do you mean (apologies if you covered it in the video although best if you do have links for a guide like this)- kiwi.ds made a version but I still find people, especially many the move in pokemon hacking circles, are not so aware of the somewhat superior stuff from fincs http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-code-sseq-player-and-new-mid-to-sseq-converter.301382/

Josue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey No works Help me loop.mid loop.sseq failed open convercion failed help me
Donwload My Midis From new super mario bros
CHANELS CHANGE Please conviert me In sseq Please :)

Attachments

• Desktop.rar
    4.6 KB · Views: 400

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-