Homebrew Looking To Clean Uninstall CFW

Speakr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So as the title says I installed CFW on my 3ds (mainly to see if I could do it) and am looking to clean uninstall it now and reset my 3DS back to stock, how do i go about this?

A few things to note,

- Im currently on the latest update, running CFW with arma9 and luma.
- Im using the New 3DS.
- I have also tried using the 3ds.guide guide here but cannot get into godmode9 just takes me to the hourglass bootup instead.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
https://3ds.guide/uninstall-cfw

Section I - Prep Work
  1. Power off your device
  2. Insert your SD card into your computer
  3. Copy GodMode9.firm from the GodMode9 .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
  4. Copy the gm9 folder from the GodMode9 .zip to the root of your SD card
  5. Copy the uninstaller script corresponding to your device to the /gm9/scripts/ folder on your SD card
  6. Reinsert your SD card into your device
  7. Power on your device

The quoted part installs GodMode9.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Install B9S https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s then you can follow the uninstall CFW link above. You may want to first buy a compatible DSiWare game and install DSiWare hax so that if you change your mind you can restore a NAND backup with A9LH, or install B9S easily.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install B9S https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s then you can follow the uninstall CFW link above. You may want to first buy a compatible DSiWare game and install DSiWare hax so that if you change your mind you can restore a NAND backup with A9LH, or install B9S easily.
Is there an uninstall script for A9LH? Something to restore the secret sector if needed? I know GM9's uninstall CFW restores the original firms, but the secret sector would still be invalid for N3DS.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, why are you trying to uninstall cfw? Many people encounter issues with it, and believe uninstalling it is the best option, even if the issue is completely unrelated. The most understandable thing would be if you're trying to sell it.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its to Send in for repair theres still ways Nintendo Can find that it was Modified. so if your trying to sell it as "Unmodded" thats going to be slightly scummy as one day we "could" face another mass ban, the buyers going to WTF(as we dont know what flags for a ban outside potentially unknown/invalid titleIDs/ticketspotentially games not registered on the NNID for digital titles.), and not know why (if it gets caught up). if your selling it dont list as "Un-modded sell "Stock, Previously Modified."

if your "Virginizing" because you belive its more hassle than it's worth than like as Giodude asked, what's the reasoning behind it, because the solution could verry well be simple. (if its more you got hit w// the last year mass ban and your tired of the Public seed bans and replacing, Sorry going stock wont magicly fix that, if it did we'd all be doing that then remodding.)

Reactions: Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: