ROM Hack Looking for Rockman OSS script

ScooterinAB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking for a rom hacker who can get me a script dump from Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star. I'm a Japanese learner, and I'm turning my attention to translation as a way to improve my post-University Japanese.

I'm not looking for a rom translation, nor am I interested in learning to do this myself. Sorry, but I'm a linguist, not a hacker. I am also aware that the majority of the game is already translated as MMBN 1. That's not the point. I want to try my hand at translation.

If I can finish a translation that I am happy with, I intend to share the translation (so that a hacker can do the hacking, if they want). But until then, it's just a linguistic project for me to work on.

If I sound pissy, I'm sorry. I've read a number of threads and comments (here and elsewhere) about OSS, and the thread always ends with angst, whining, and someone being angry at someone else. I'm not whining about the game not being released, nor am I trying to find someone to translate the rom for me. I want to do a textual translation, but I've been unable to dump the hope myself.

I hope that someone can help, and lend their skills for a short time.

Thanks.

ScooterinAB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to get in touch with him, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. He seems to have a lot on his plate (he is also fairly young), so I'm not sure when or if he'll see the message I left for him.

Until then, any takers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4