Hacking Looking for A Mod Chip Installer (UK)

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kinda. It'll take up two of the slots on your Wii's channel page, but you can just move them to the back of page 4. I don't think they take up much (if any) memory though.

--Ray

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, totally forgot, sorry. I won't be in Glasgow City Centre for a while either. >_<

I'm fairly confident they still do it, though, since it was just over a week ago my friend got his chipped.

--Ray

duncans_pumpkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its alright SUPER DUNCAN to the rescue i have nothing to do tommorow so i will go into the shop and ask if they still chip Wiis. The main reasen is because my friend isnt the most confident person at soldering i would volinteer myself but i couldnt take breaking his console. So will have a proper reply tommorow.

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers Duncan, if you respond tomorrow I'd very much appreciate it.
I'm going in on Saturday, and I would like to know before wasting money to get into Glasgow to find out if they are or not. I know they would refuse over the phone to do it, but I want to know if they would in person, especially if you said "My friend got it done here." or something like that.

Cheers once again.

duncans_pumpkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i have returned sorry i was so late. Yes they said they do chip wiis it costs £35 if you already have a chip didnt get a definate answer for if you dont own a chip already. So the answer is YES.

buck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Foulplay

I sent this via PM, but in case you didn't get it, this guy is top!!.

Just a suggestion re your request to get your wiikey fitted.

I used the following guy

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=608730&st=0

to get my d2ckey fitted, and I know he does wiikey too.

I live north of Aberdeen and sent it to him in motherwell, I had it back less than 48 hours later. I know he does while you wait too. He's a nice guy, and his prices seem good to.

The cost of the earlier models is as follows (with genuine WiiKeys fitted):

D2A/D2B/DMS chip with intact legs - £40 for chip and fitting.
D2B/DMS with cut legs - £50 for chip and fitting.

Hope this helps.

Buck

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers.
GameForce are useless.
They didn't have chips of their own in, and getting a chip costs 20 quid, (almost), and they said they wouldn't have them in for a little while, theres one guy above me that has a link to a guy in Motherwell, I'm not sure if the guy from Motherwell would meet me though cause I don't have a clue how to get there. GameForce install it if you own a chip for 35 quid, but its a rip off as they install it for 50 if you don't have a chip.

It's a pain in the arse also because I don't have any form of contact with GameForce because they refuse to talk about the chips over the phone so I can't know when they'll be in or not.

I'm not spending an extra 3 quid in and out of Glasgow, (2 hours in total journey) just to find if they have a chip or not then a week waiting, I might just go with the guy from Motherwell, I'm not sure how to send it to him though...

Buck how did you send it to him? Thanks man.

crinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi guys. i got my old style wii chipped at G-Force just before christmas. I didnt have a chip and he did it for £50. It took nearly 2 weeks (might just be cause it was Xmas).

He didnt want to do it cause he didnt know how to set uo wiikey for 3.1e consoles. I gave him the hex editted discs that i made for him to use in future wii's.

If he says he cant do it cause of your firmware version just ask him to do it and tell him you will set it up when you get home.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

ps. i think he installs fake wiikeys but i havent had any problems with it (smg and brawl both work fine)

Cheers

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The short dude with the glasses? He seemed kinda suspicious to be honest, I didn't like talking to him...

I wouldn't be surpised if he installed a fake chip, I might just go with the motherwell guy.

crinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no, not that guy. its the taller ginger guy with the beard and the snazzy parka.

Another shop that installs the wiikey is Gametek in the Barras. I think its open on weekdays but definately sundays lunchtime (the only time i have actually beein in).

The G-Force guy is employed solely to chip and fix consoles so he is relaly good at soldering etc. i recommed him, mainly because i took my wii there and i now have a working chipped wii. wht more can i ask for

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gametek in Barras? Barras Aberdeen?
Thats too far off for my liking.
They don't have chips in right now, and I don't think they'd tell me if I phoned them, what do you think? Do you have the number of GameForce? It's not on their site.

EDIT: I have their number, it's 0141 248 8272.
But I recall Ray saying they refuse to talk about it over the phone... Hmm...
I wouldn't personally recommend the Game Force guy if he installs clone chips like you say, I want an official one so nothing fucks up.

I really want the motherwell guy to do it now considering he seems really trustable...

BUCK, if you read this, how did you send it to him and how long did it take him to reply to your Personal Message/Email and did you communicate with him through msn or anything like that?

buck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sent mine via Royal Mail Special Delivery. Cost £7.75 each way, but its guaranteed next day and the insurance more than covers the cost of the wii (up to £500).

I had reservations about sending it via mail, but after reading his feedback decided to go for it. Best decision I've made for ages.

Keeps you advised very quickly (within hours) about when he gets it and when its done and when he's sent it off again. I kept in contact with him via PM on that forum, cos it seems he is on there a lot

No, I'm not related to the guy, but I strongly recommended him.

Cheers

Buck

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to contact him before I make a decision.
I do want him to do it now, four years of experience = very trustworthy modder, know him or not.
Did you send your money in the parcel as well or via paypal? I'm confused on how to give him the money.

buck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I paid him via PayPal, which we sorted out after the job was done and after I had received it and it was working. Top guy I'd say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: oh and you get paid 90% below minimum wage