ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Truth be told, not everyone will even read the stickies. Either because they're just too lazy to search and want quick answers, or because the topic title doesn't catch their interest.

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Truth be told, not everyone will even read the stickies. Either because they're just too lazy to search and want quick answers, or because the topic title doesn't catch their interest.

Even if they usually don't the title of this 1 might.
laugh.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
kylsav said:
ChaosBoi said:

Even if they usually don't the title of this 1 might.
laugh.gif

again that's the point of it , thank you
wink.gif
, and to who said originality !!! since they don't read the rules do you think they care about your signature ???!!!

All Games, ISOs, ROMs, WiiWares, WADs, IOSs, are NOT ALLOWED on this forum
all what considered to be CopyRights Materials Discussions will get your topic LOCKED and doing it so often might get you BANNED so PLEASE keep our forum clean and enjoy a great community full of actions and creativity , LONG LIVE OUR FORUM
wink.gif
thanks

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just to point out, I approve this thread, I like it and I like the idea of it..

It hasn't been done before, and only "bad" thing that could happen from it, is some new members coming here, reading it, feeling angry, and flaming..

My opinion is that this thread should stay open, and running (for now, not pinned, but eventually, maybe!)

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Like the others said, i said to myself...:
Ouch, he's gonna get pissed for that, then noticed that it was BigMoe... so i just checked the content and in fact it's a nice trick to fool the newbies.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well seeing as people need to type "GBAtemp does not host Roms....." whatever, when they sign up, and they dont pay attention to that, what makes you guys think they will pay attention to this thread even if its stickied?

The n00bs will not stop asking, ever, when has a n00b ever paid attention to the forum rules or previous threads?

Never! Thats when!
lecture.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
p1ngpong said:
Well seeing as people need to type "GBAtemp does not host Roms....." whatever, when they sign up, and they dont pay attention to that, what makes you guys think they will pay attention to this thread even if its stickied?

The n00bs will not stop asking, ever, when has a n00b ever paid attention to the forum rules or previous threads?

Never! Thats when!
lecture.gif

No p1ngy, but they might get to this thread in a search for a ROM/ISO/game..

We have so much pointless threads made every day, I don't see harm in this thread that might accomplish something!
Also, first post should be quoted ON every page this thread gets!

Posts merged

QUOTE(BIG MOE @ Mar 1 2009, 04:37 AM) All Games, ISOs, ROMs, WiiWares, WADs, IOSs, are NOT ALLOWED on this forum

all what considered to be CopyRights Materials Discussions will get your topic LOCKED and doing it so often might get you BANNED so PLEASE keep our forum clean and enjoy a great community full of actions and creativity , LONG LIVE OUR FORUM
wink.gif
thanks

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey Im not saying this thread is a bad idea, and I think it should stay. But its not like the n00bs that ask for wares and such ever search the forum for them in general, or bother searching for anything as a matter of fact. They just make their ROM request thread straight away, regardless of what section it may be in.

We have to be realistic here, we all know by now how your average stupid lazy n00b operates.

edit: @ sinki, you guys should introduce something like when a new member tries to post something, for the duration of their first 100 posts they get a pop-up saying "If you are requesting ROMs or Wares, or breaking the other forum rules with this post you may be suspended or banned!"
yaypsp.gif

wink.gif
thanks

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
p1ngpong said:
edit: @ sinki, you guys should introduce something like when a new member tries to post something, for the duration of their first 100 posts they get a pop-up saying "If you are requesting ROMs or Wares, or breaking the other forum rules with this post you may be suspended or banned!"
yaypsp.gif
Actually, surprisingly good idea..We'll see what could be done about it!

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Ya I also think that p1ngpong's suggestion is more valid. Pinning this topic wont make much difference. As you can see from the other topics, "noob paradise" etc. but people still posts new topic asking similar question that has been asked billion times before...

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How about whenever a new post is being made there is a message somewhere on the screen (maybe near the "Post New Topic" button that says "NO ASKING FOR ROMS, ISOs, ETC.!!!" Let's face it, not all people read the rules of the forums. I didn't right away. This way everyone sees the notice and there will be no excuse for posting these kinds of topics.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Kamui said:
Ya I also think that p1ngpong's suggestion is more valid. Pinning this topic wont make much difference. As you can see from the other topics, "noob paradise" etc. but people still posts new topic asking similar question that has been asked billion times before...

Yeah but to be fair, people don't read a thread called "Noob Paradise". It has a rubbish name.

Firstly, people don't LIKE being called noobs, even if they are, so that'll probably put them off.
Secondly, it's not eye catching at all.

The only stickies I ever read are rules threads, others don't catch my eye at all, but one like this will pretty much catch the eye of anyone looking for games, isos, roms, wiiware, wads and ioss
tongue.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
wink.gif
thanks

I approve!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On a bad day you hear I missed my period +3