Hacking lookin for a slot 1 thatll work with homebrew

FFVII-2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone, back early last summer i bought the passcard 3 and g6 lite. and i love it, except i figure the scummvm problems would be 100% fixed by now thru an update...no avail...so im looking to buy a slot 1 card that can boot homebrew and double as a passcard for g6...are there any out there? thanks

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All the slot 1 solutions seem to have trouble with homebrew. Patches seem to be coming out to get them working on the slot 1. I would recommend the R4 and wait for all the patches to arrive.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well DLDI is out and it will improve homebrew for slot 1's across the chart. However I think that the R4 or Supercard will have the best homebrew support as developers aim for R4 as the popular card and use it as a standard. Supercard always had stunning homebrew support, so I don't expect anything less.

Supercard-the-company has not had good homebrew support in the past. We had to reverse-engineer their firmware to use them. Recently they are getting better, having released code for the DS One.

DS-X has decent homebrew compatibility, but they are very uncooperative. They made many promises, but have not released any code at all yet. If something works on other cards, but not on DS-X, they blame the coder, not their device.

And, as noted above, both the DS One and R4 (M3Simply is the same) have working DLDI drivers. So you probably wont go wrong with either of those.

EZ5 has a bug where you need to hexedit NDS homebrew to make it work. Hopefully they fix this.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Take a look here. The next version of ScummVM DS will support DLDI
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mvWZq1S9x0g&pp=ygUkYWxsIHlvdXIgYmFzZSBhcmUgYmVsb25nIHRvIHVzIHJlbWl4