Hacking Loading Screen Problem w/ Acekard 2

loubot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this problem has been asked but I after googling and searching, I still can't seem to fix the problem. Figured I'll make a thread for it.

I keep on getting the constant loading screen after I install the firmware. I tried most of the different firmware available and none of them seem to work. I believe I am installing it correctly (akmenu4.nds + _aio / _ak2 folder on root). I also formatted the sd card several times when trying the different firmware. I have a mac so, I did it through disk utility and I downloaded Blueharvest as well.

Here is what I'm working with,

Red DS Lite
AceKard2 (ver2.1) (from My Gaming Mart)
PNY micro SD
Macbook Pro

So right now, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's the Acekard or the SD card sucks.

Here's a screenshot I uploaded last night when I was trying to get help from a friend
5304556839_64d588d7b4_z.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your MicroSD configuration on your computer is setup correctly.

Now to address the problem:

If you were to boot up your Acekard with no MicroSD, what do you get? You'll find that you'll have the same problem as the one you just described: a constant "Loading" text. What does this mean? Well, if your configuration of files on your computer was incorrect the Acekard would report "System files Not Found" but it isn't, its still at the "looking for the MicroSD" step of the bootup. When you do insert the MicroSD, the Acekard is acting as though there isn't one there which thus mean its not getting recognized. You can attempt to be very accurate and tape a very small piece of paper (and a very small piece of tape) to the side of the MicroSD which is facing up (label side) or ask for a refund from your distributor of the Acekard for that's going to be a very annoying problem..

Lucky for you MyGamingMart has a 90 day return policy; simply tell them that the Acekard's card reader is defective and will not read the MicroSD.

loubot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks hakoda! i might send it back. but before i do that, do you think trying it on a PC would work? i'll be able to get my hands on a pc in a couple of days. wondering if i should hold out or just contact to store about a reurn/exchange.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
loubot said:
thanks hakoda! i might send it back. but before i do that, do you think trying it on a PC would work? i'll be able to get my hands on a pc in a couple of days. wondering if i should hold out or just contact to store about a reurn/exchange.
Like I said before, your MicroSD is set up fine, all files are in its place so if there something wrong with that then it would say "System Files Missing". But its not because its a hardware problem.

lovecats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loubot said:

when it shows loading, it is uaually the firmware problem

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To many cooks in the kitchen. Its a mSD issues not an acekard one. If the DS is seeing the acekard, then how can it be an Acekard issue? I say follow Hakuda's (sorry if i misspelled your name) advise and see about
an exchange/refund.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drobb said:
To many cooks in the kitchen. Its a mSD issues not an acekard one. If the DS is seeing the acekard, then how can it be an Acekard issue? I say follow Hakuda's (sorry if i misspelled your name) advise and see about
an exchange/refund.
IIRC, some 'bricked' AceKards will show the AK2i icon, but not load.
For example, if the AceKard info is there, but not the DSi bypass stuff (And I -DON'T- mean that it just isn't updated, I mean the update didn't complete).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know how I missed this https://youtu.be/OgLD1yhxNik?si=I94vWUB9-LcKc5jR